Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 suggestions. Bring back the old starter pack & announce happy hours the day before.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Thumbs up 2 suggestions. Bring back the old starter pack & announce happy hours the day before.

Hello,
    I was looking to buy the starter pack for the game and was then told of the old one (which i have never seen since i have not played long). So i started to do some research into it and it turns out the old one was a lot better deal compared to the current one. Less gems but you get a hardened general which is worth more than the extra gems in the new one. So I was wondering if it is possible to bring the old one back? I feel like this game is way overpriced compared to many others I have played and that the old starter pack is one of the few things that seems to be worth the money. But due to it not being made anymore I cannot buy it anywhere.

Also another suggestion is to announce when the mega happy hour will be the day before since I have never been able to see a happy hour of any kind even though i play daily. As the gems are at the moment they are overpriced and so I and many others agree that we will not buy them (I have bought them once before and felt that, for the amount I payed, I didn't get much in return). But if we all knew when the mega was going to be, we would make an exception and buy gems again by ensuring we were online at that time. Again, some of the other mmo's I have played announced when the happy hour would be and lots of people would buy at that time. There was one happy hour per week, every week and one mega per month.
    For example on the Friday afternoon on their forum they would write "mega-happy hour will be this saturday afternoon." They don't state the exact time but at least we know to be online at that point.

Just a few suggestions that I feel would bring in more money to the game as well as benefit the community. It's a win win.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    BB need to work on keeping current players too, fixing the serious lag issue (again) would really help, because right now the game gets unplayable during the busy times of day.
    Everything is overpriced, making things a bit cheaper would improve sales or tempt more people to buy with gems. Similar to the strategy supermarkets use, once the customers are filling their trolleys its a win win.

New content is the next step in keeping players, if things stay as they are for too long people get bored and move on. We really need a rebalance and more higher level content. Level 48 for cannons, and most quests finishing at level 50 is too high.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    at least implement some item you can buy online that can be exchanged for gems in prov house or just gives you gems in a mail or a voucher code when you click it in game etc to make tradable store bought gems (i am careful not to suggest making gems tradable as that would include weekly rewards/quest rewards and level rewards and so would only lead to cheating)

Having an item that is tradable and can only be bought will make it much easier for people to buy gems and sell em in game for game currency and hence increase gem sales. We all saw the popularity of the gem vouchers. Just make an item that is priced like regular gems or slightly higher instead which can be bought same way gems can be so it will actually contribute to the bottom line without competing with the regular gem sales

Solves the problem of cheating in trades as it will be a physical item in game that gets taded and then converted to gems by the player buying it-

imo that would make 3 happy parties per transaction
    1) BB for selling more gems/generating revenues
    2) gem seller cause he gets a nice premium compared to selling gem bought items like noble residence
    3) gem buyer as they can buy their needed gems in game for in game currency- many of whom wont buy gems for real life cash or more gems for real life cash anyway

cant beat tripple wins

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykus View Post
    Hello,
    I was looking to buy the starter pack for the game and was then told of the old one (which i have never seen since i have not played long). So i started to do some research into it and it turns out the old one was a lot better deal compared to the current one. Less gems but you get a hardened general which is worth more than the extra gems in the new one. So I was wondering if it is possible to bring the old one back? I feel like this game is way overpriced compared to many others I have played and that the old starter pack is one of the few things that seems to be worth the money. But due to it not being made anymore I cannot buy it anywhere.

Also another suggestion is to announce when the mega happy hour will be the day before since I have never been able to see a happy hour of any kind even though i play daily. As the gems are at the moment they are overpriced and so I and many others agree that we will not buy them (I have bought them once before and felt that, for the amount I payed, I didn't get much in return). But if we all knew when the mega was going to be, we would make an exception and buy gems again by ensuring we were online at that time. Again, some of the other mmo's I have played announced when the happy hour would be and lots of people would buy at that time. There was one happy hour per week, every week and one mega per month.
    For example on the Friday afternoon on their forum they would write "mega-happy hour will be this saturday afternoon." They don't state the exact time but at least we know to be online at that point.

Just a few suggestions that I feel would bring in more money to the game as well as benefit the community. It's a win win.
    I'd second both those ideas.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    +1

I couldn't buy gems today in the mega happy hour because I spent my gem money a couple of days ago, so I'm sure you can understand that I'm not very happy right now.

Not all of us have a credit card or even money always sitting in the bank, and one heads up a month would mean that I could enjoy the bonus for once. If I knew when it would be, I could budget for it and be sure to have to money, so BB would actually make more from me than they do currently. I'm hoping to catch the March happy hour in time for the event, but I'm not holding my breath.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    The old starter pack aint coming back, it was discounted heavily and was too good a deal which is presumably why it was withdrawn and a far inferior product put in its place. As for advance warning of the gem sales, why not BB?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendor View Post
    The old starter pack aint coming back, it was discounted heavily and was too good a deal which is presumably why it was withdrawn and a far inferior product put in its place. As for advance warning of the gem sales, why not BB?
    Possibly because they think if one spent £50 on gems the day before, one would spend another £50 if there was a sale. Sadly for them, this is more often than not not the case!

World
    Sandycove
    we didn't have a days advance warning but did get warned on log in page yesterday that it was 100% free gems from 8am-10pm gmt, i guess a lot did get them however i did not get none even with the warning.
    as debating whether or not to buy gems anymore.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    I did not buy either as decided to stop buying gems unless they fix the game.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendor View Post
    I did not buy either as decided to stop buying gems unless they fix the game.
    yep that was my reason as well as a few others lol

Reply to Thread