Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Upcoming Easter Event

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    Some decent stuff here but it will be tough for new players to get the vet, 1350 eggs? lol . if they sell like presents at xmas then itll cost 50 - 100 coins for 10. I think a lot of ppl will struggle but its a challenge!
    I got mine last year together with 2 or 3 watermills at the same egg price, and thats with about 1½ month playtime and without buying eggs for gems or in trade. But yes its challange.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can see that there are some issues surrounding the Vet... and I totally get those issues. However, let's bear the following in mind:

- we have had a lot of "interesting" translations from BB in the last year (or longer)

- the event description says that you cannot get a 2nd Vet from Easter eggs if your 1st Vet was bought with eggs. It does not say that it is possible to buy 2 Vets with gems, then a 3rd with Easter eggs. This might be a scenario that BB has not considered (note the word "might")

- whilst I would love to get a 2nd Vet with Easter eggs, I can see why that is not going to happen. After all - I have had a massive advantage compared to players that joined the game after the event. Especially F2P (Free to Play) - not everyone buys gems, for differing reasons. My game would not be as fun if F2P were not an active part of the game

- a Vet costs 4,999 gems, for 5200 gems you can get 8x building licenses, so another 80. I have not done the math - however, I have a feeling that 80 extra building licenses might make more of a difference long term than the Vet. This obviously depends on what you spend your building licenses on, which adventures you do, and how you play the game. I've had an advantage for 9 months - instead of griping about not getting a bigger advantage, I should be grateful for the 9 months.

Personally (feel free to disagree) I think the Easter Event is the best one of the year... Last year it was Vet, Explorer and Water Mills. These are still there - in addition BB have brought in residences built on water. This is great news for players that have been around a while and for those that have spent gems. We have a new option to free up island space.

I really look forward to an eggcellent event (...) Also - to me it means that some of my people in guild, those that were here last year, can do more to help our newest members.

Kind regards, Blue

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    So people who played from the beginning, will be screwed again, no extra veteran for us.

WHEN BB bring something for the LEVEL 50 players, to keep it a nice game ?????

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
    I can see that there are some issues surrounding the Vet... and I totally get those issues. However, let's bear the following in mind:

- we have had a lot of "interesting" translations from BB in the last year (or longer)

- the event description says that you cannot get a 2nd Vet from Easter eggs if your 1st Vet was bought with eggs. It does not say that it is possible to buy 2 Vets with gems, then a 3rd with Easter eggs. This might be a scenario that BB has not considered (note the word "might")

- whilst I would love to get a 2nd Vet with Easter eggs, I can see why that is not going to happen. After all - I have had a massive advantage compared to players that joined the game after the event. Especially F2P (Free to Play) - not everyone buys gems, for differing reasons. My game would not be as fun if F2P were not an active part of the game

- a Vet costs 4,999 gems, for 5200 gems you can get 8x building licenses, so another 80. I have not done the math - however, I have a feeling that 80 extra building licenses might make more of a difference long term than the Vet. This obviously depends on what you spend your building licenses on, which adventures you do, and how you play the game. I've had an advantage for 9 months - instead of griping about not getting a bigger advantage, I should be grateful for the 9 months.

Personally (feel free to disagree) I think the Easter Event is the best one of the year... Last year it was Vet, Explorer and Water Mills. These are still there - in addition BB have brought in residences built on water. This is great news for players that have been around a while and for those that have spent gems. We have a new option to free up island space.

I really look forward to an eggcellent event (...) Also - to me it means that some of my people in guild, those that were here last year, can do more to help our newest members.

Kind regards, Blue
    Thats why i´m asking if its gonna be like those that have bought 2 for gems can get 1 more, and those that got 1 for eggs last time and 1 for gems is going to be screwed.
    I know that we are not likely to get an answer from BB but one can hope.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Where's Egg No. 26?
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Floating Houses? Glee!

So much of this looks absolutely grand but I am now also confused. I had thought that Event purchases did not affect gem purchase maximums, this is how many people now more than the three Recyclers available for gems. Is this different for the Vet General somehow? And if so, why?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    Floating Houses? Glee!

So much of this looks absolutely grand but I am now also confused. I had thought that Event purchases did not affect gem purchase maximums, this is how many people now more than the three Recyclers available for gems. Is this different for the Vet General somehow? And if so, why?
    It is, why is up to BB to answer.

World
    Northisle
    Nice variety of Easter goodies on offer for a wide range of players. Personally I'd love the Floating House and the Experienced Explorer and they're available at a good price (in eggs). The Chocolate Bunny is also useful. All in all I'm very happy with what's available.
    Settling isn't just for fun

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Orca45 View Post
    So people who played from the beginning, will be screwed again, no extra veteran for us.
    Come on, we had veteran for eggs and those new players did not, now they will have it, so they start to play the same game as we do. It is really unfair we have lower losses in adventures only because we had a chance to get veteran without gems.

Yes, level 50 content is missing for many months, but we already have plenty of threads about this, this one is about Easter Event which looks ok, nice things to get for eggs.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    I don't see what seams to be the problem with vet, we can all have 1 easter vet and 2 gem vets, same for all. There is one other thing i've been wondering, ravid rabbit. Can it be clicked or heard by visitors?

Reply to Thread