Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Upcoming Easter Event

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylancer View Post
    I don't see what seams to be the problem with vet, we can all have 1 easter vet and 2 gem vets, same for all. There is one other thing i've been wondering, ravid rabbit. Can it be clicked or heard by visitors?
    Thats where you are wrong. I bought 1 easter vet. last time, and i can buy 1 vet. for gems now, only 1 not 2.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    No the rabbit don't work for visitors

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    To bad, that would be great, to scare visitors away, or to annoy friends

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    He's an odd little thing, sounds like an ailing Geo. Cute though.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendor View Post
    No the rabbit don't work for visitors
    It used to, has it broken?
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Hmm .. just gone to the friends island where I had tried to make the rabbit noise but cant find it ... maybe he sold it. Am sure when we tested it did not work for me tho.....

Found it .. no noise
    Last edited by Rendor; 12.02.13 at 22:19.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    Last year, the adventures didn't reward any eggs at all. Instead, it was the quest chain asking you to complete certain adventures that gave the egg reward.

The "additional adventure" is there for people to buy if they make a mistake with their first one that they get for free.
    Ahhhh yeah, now I remember.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    So to be clear to all about the confusion here is my view of why some people are unhappy regarding the Easter Vet

If you bought one in last years Easter Event for Eggs you could only buy a maximum of 1 in the shop with gems.
    If you didn't get one in last years Easter Event for Eggs you can buy a maximum of 2 from the shop with gems.

In both of the above scenarios a player can have a maximum of 2 Vets.

Now BB are saying anyone that didn't get an 'Easter Vet' last year can get one this year for eggs. This means that these players can get a maximum of 3 Vets (1 for eggs and 2 for gems)......

Whilst many people may say so what or who needs 3 Vets, many will get a 3rd as there are some adventures they will help with and also maybe with PVP.

In my opinion BB has taken a short sighted view of the implications of this or made an error in communications. The safe approach may be for BB to change the shop restriction and ensure that all can buy 2 vets for gems and only 1 vet for eggs - this makes all thinks equal. Here's hoping they have their sensible hat on over the coming days rather than the normal lack of response to any player feedback provided through these 'News Feedback' threads.

World
    Newfoundland
    There seems to be some doubt and confusion over the vet gen. However considering they have specifically dealt with the issue in regards to the explorer it seems to me that we should not be able to have more than 2 vet gen’s in total no matter which way round we do it. When I got Easter vet gen and then after the event finished brought a second one with gems the count was already down to 1x instead of 2x. This implies the vet gen’s are linked to each other. So if you have no vet gen at all right now I would expect you to be able to buy Easter vet gen with eggs and then see x1 appear next to the gem vet gen. The key issue seems to be whether or not if a player with 0 from either pool could now buy 2 gem vet gens then purchase the Easter vet gen afterwards or if its count also goes to x0. My belief is that they would be linked in reverse as well so when you have x0 for the gem vet gen you have x0 next to the Easter vet gen too. Confirmation on this would be very nice though.

Either way though it’s going to be an issue for some players. Either those that spent gems to get x2 gem vet gen and now feel like they wasted there gems when they could now get one of them for eggs or those players who got an egg vet gen and are now locked out of getting 3 vet gens in total.

I usually see a clear ‘winner’ in what makes the most sense to do and which side it makes the most sense to agree with. However it seems to me both sides come off just as bad as the other.

Either a group of players are now locked out of getting 3 vet gens which could be a major imbalance in PvP. Even without PvP no part of the game should be off limits to anyone. Gem spending and its limits on f2p players are nowhere near the same as a group of players having absolutely no choice/option at all in affecting their limits, there just stuck no matter what they do through no fault of their own. At least f2p players could always save up a little bit of money and buy gems at some point, the option is always there and they know when they start playing the game this is how the game is. This would not be the case if 3 vet gen were possible for some and not others. Those that would not be able to get 3 vet gens had no way of knowing before hand this would happen.

Similarly though those that have spent gems to get x2 vet gens have lost 3999 gems through no fault of their own as well. They have spent their gems, they have done there deed to help keep the servers and game going. They should therefore not be messed around with and locked out of getting there free one when Easter comes around again. Spending gems should always give a slight advantage, never a punishment.

So in conclusion this is one time a hope BB step up and don’t side with one group over another and just fix it fairly for both.

I see BB as now having 2 viable options that would make everyone happy and these I think they would do well to implement. If 3 vet gens are possible then they need to allow everyone the chance to get 3. If being able to get 3 is not possible or a bug needing to be fixed then I would suggest a refund on the gems. Players with 2 gem vets should be able to save up 1350 eggs click a ‘repurchase’ button, have the eggs disappear and 4999gems reappear in there gem supply. This 2 me seems like the only way to keep everyone happy.
    Last edited by Dopey; 13.02.13 at 03:13.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think its Great that you have the Vet General and Easter explorer in there, Love the floating house and finally a buff for the provisions house.
    But very dissappointing that playerts that have spent a lot of time and keep supporting Settlers are penalised and not allowed to get the General.

If your going to run the different events it needs to be fair and open to everyone for everything. So either have the General for everyone or not at all.
    Some of us dont have bottomless pockets and struggle to buy things with gems, so these players are disadvantaged while the players with cash can just reach into there pockets buy what they need. How about some support for the players that pound away day after day doing the adventures, mines and wells trying to build up there Islands.
    And while im complaining how long before New levels 51 plus are available as you are losing the players that are 50.

Reply to Thread