View Poll Results: What do you think of the new system where every trade will generate a mail?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it

7 3.98%
  • I don't like it

155 88.07%
  • Don't care/ Makes no difference either way

14 7.95%
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New trade system messages, as implemented on test

World
    Sandycove
    I don't think BB will be impressed by a total of 46 voters (voters count at this moment).

Take a look at this post on the test forums

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    It will take more time for BB to reply... In fairness - "our BBs" need to wait for BB developers/headquarters. There's been bank holidays in Germany last few days.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Guess so .. though the reply from BB_Slash contains the inevitable "As far as I know" .. in other words he is making a massive assumption that he cannot back up, so the 46 votes we know to be a fact are actually more relevant.

50 now btw ...

World
    Newfoundland

Unhappy It's making me sad...

If the 2.56% of votes in support of this (09:55 GMT 14/02/13) is anything to go by and this makes it live I wish I had a gem for every *facepalm* that happens when people log in and see the change.

I've been asking in Global-1, asking guild mates, asking friends and the only thing I can add to this over what's already been voted for and said in the three threads is a tiny increase in the "Don't care/Makes no difference either way" camp and a massive increase in the "I don't like it" camp.

If this change hits live then I'm going to use the tools that I've been given to the best of my abilities... That's all I'm going to say.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Just read the similar thread on the test server

It's obvious why BB have done it - not because it was asked for but because lots of people said they weren't getting their trades.

So, this is a bug fix. The suggestion on the test server that people "asked" for this feature is just a bald-faced lie. They asked for the bug to be fixed!

Yet another example of recent typical behaviour of covering their own backs by pushing bugs onto the players.

If they want to email people confirmation of trades, that's fine. But why add an OK button as well. Just have an email telling you about the trade! Could and should be done for direct people trades, too.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    yup, fix the trade history rather than implementing another sticking plaster please BB!

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Hello guys,

This is a good poll, I have noted your concerns and have sent them to the right departement.

I cannot guarantee any changes unfortunately but will keep you updated if I receive any info on this topic.

Best

BB_Dantesama
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I don't want a mail every time something gets sold, I trade a lot and it means a whole pile of deleting everyday when there's already enough repetitive stuff to do, like fields, mines, wells.
    If I want to see how trades have gone I can look in the history tab.
    And what's more,,,, when I do two advs + per day that creates mails too which moslty I delete without looking at them unless there's an issue with a block and I want to analyse the failure.

Can't this be something we could choose to have or not ?
    An opt in or out for whether each person wants a mail every trade.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have tried the new trade system on the test server and i really do not like it. I do a lot of trading and to get a mail every time i have brought a resource would become very frustrating, i prefer the trading system we have now.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hey pipl, there are some new features due to be added that might help with your issue, you can find more information regarding that here, also please see the image below

I'm more than likely working right now.

Reply to Thread