Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lags at horrible levels now

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Once more players have been driven away by the absurd quests it will free up some bandwidth.....

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendor View Post
    Once more players have been driven away by the absurd quests it will free up some bandwidth.....
    Or more likely:

Once the amount of active players have dropped below a set limit, they'll allow even more players on each server. Then when everyone comes back at the same time to check the easter event, the problems are tripled, or worse...

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    ... or just drop the server capacity even further, until we all just grind to a halt.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    The lag is because there are people joining, and not leaving the game. Would be nice fro people to understand this instead of keep saying "Ouuu, people will leave!"

It does not help the lag. Not at all

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Whizkeyjack View Post
    The lag is because there are people joining, and not leaving the game. Would be nice fro people to understand this instead of keep saying "Ouuu, people will leave!"

It does not help the lag. Not at all
    It is caused by too many joining, but the problems associated with it may cause some to leave. That's what's being said by some here.

No need for the "educational tone", especially when you haven't understood what people are actually saying.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    It is caused by too many joining, but the problems associated with it may cause some to leave. That's what's being said by some here.

No need for the "educational tone", especially when you haven't understood what people are actually saying.

Too many people join, and people will leave because of this.

(now it's your turn to repeat what I wrote, again)

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    yawn. Server capacity was reduced in November, and has not been adjusted accordingly since. Also, one of the 4 'copies' appears to be corrupted, or that particular server has a hardware fault as lag is more prevalent when that particular one is in use.
    92 posts, and yet to see one that is either original or constructive.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    If it swims like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck the chances are reasonably strong that it is a duck.

I have noticed lag for the last two weeks now. I don't consider my pc to be at fault neither. I have a very fast connection to the internet too. I do not have any copper between my house and the first connection - it's fibre up to my front door.

I can play a dvd, have TSO open and have more browsers open too.

Nothing has changed here.

But I am noticing lag.

Quack quack :-)
    Nuttymut :-)

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Blaming Flash (or the browser, browser version, flash version or even the operating system and computer type) for the noticeable lag is critically wrong as the laggy elements do not run client-side, as many have tried pointing out.

A simple test: Start the game, wait until your island has all the buildings shown correctly, then 'open your build menu' (just open it, don't build anything, just see how long it takes to appear) ... that delay/speed is your client-side lag (as opening that is governed fully client-side and does not need to contact the server). That speed can vary dependent on browser, flash, os or pc.

The only two possible culprits are communication speed and/or remote server response speed.
    Pings against the server indicate it is not communication speed, which leaves one culprit.

Sub-note: A long time ago I suggested Buff-Lists, which would help reduce lag, reduce server load and help improve the game... nobody commented though. Instead of that, BB opted to give us quests that required performing 175 or however many buffs on friends, which increased lag, increased server load and...

Reply to Thread