Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lags at horrible levels now

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove

Lags at horrible levels now

For me, lags is a problem that's getting worse and worse. I doubt this has anything at all to do with my connection, everything else is working fine, and MMOs like EQ2 and WoW still have the same pings as they usually have.

The problem is annoying on my private island, it makes everything react slow, and the almost neverending hourglass when trying to make something, has become a constant factor to expect.

On adventures it's far, far worse. I'm now trying a simple 1R block in SotV, but it's impossible. The problem is that when sending out general #1, it takes an eternity for him to leave the camp. I've been testing this a lot the last minutes, and even if I wait upto 20 secs after sending out general #1, before I send out #2, they always leave the camps at the same time. This makes it impossible to calculate for the lags by trying to wait out the lag spike, it just won't work at all.

For me, adventures are only playable in three ways in the current horrible situation:
    - Play without using any blocks at all (a no-no for advs like SotV and several others, the losses would be horrible)
    - Play at late nights, since that's the only time there are almost no lags
    - Play on the middle of the day (except weekends), lags are often not that bad when ppl are at school/work. Unfortunately, rarely an option for me.

For me, there were no such problems at all when I started playing in June last year, but after noticing it first, it has gradually worsened. It won't be long till the game is completly unplayable if it continues like this.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    For me, there were no such problems at all when I started playing in June last year, but after noticing it first, it has gradually worsened. It won't be long till the game is completly unplayable if it continues like this.
    I agree i have posted in a different thread in forum today that since i started playing the bugs etc have got worse, i dont do blocks as its not worth it if things go wrong for to loose elites/xbowmen (that take for ever to make) but then again BB dont like people using blocks so maybe there are some bugs to put off people from doing them you never know.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Yep lag has increased lately, definately.
    I have that hourglass too when making troops or in the provisions, making it essential at times to refresh.
    I keep my cache and history fairly low by deleting them and also after viewing video anytime.
    So also I know it's not me and also on another game play is per normal.
    I do sent blocks out but trust in god that they'll work. I've been playing victors mostly lately and that's manageable, sotv I've played a lot, I love the challenge but I agree it'd be tough at the moment.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quite simply the problem here is Flash, different browsers require different versions of flash to run the game. Basically BB have put themselves in a position where they can quite honestly say it's not their fault. However with hundreds of browsers available I say it's their responsibility to at least provide us the end user with a list of approved browsers. By providing such a list we will know what to use to play the game. Failure to do this ultimately means lost sales for them.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Quite simply the problem here is Flash, different browsers require different versions of flash to run the game. Basically BB have put themselves in a position where they can quite honestly say it's not their fault. However with hundreds of browsers available I say it's their responsibility to at least provide us the end user with a list of approved browsers. By providing such a list we will know what to use to play the game. Failure to do this ultimately means lost sales for them.
    And your references for this are?

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Flash is only part of the problem, server capacity is another part, and there are distinct times where it is like somebody has flicked the 'lag switch' on or off, switching to the "g04" mirror of the game is particularly noticeable.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Lag has been getting worse for me too lately.

And every time BB has posted they have changed things on their side to remove lag, it has been getting worse.

World
    Sandycove
    I must agree, that their has been an increased lag during the last 3-4 days. First I thought it was because of the weekend, but today it's still taking buffs (on a guildmembers building) more then 15 seconds to actually show that the building is buffed (and receive the notification by popup).

Earlier last week, it only took about 5 seconds (sometimes a bit more)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendor View Post
    And your references for this are?
    Rather extensive as a result of over 3 decades gaming. I have about a dozen different browsers I use depending on which operating system I boot into. Obviously there are going to be browsers for popular operating systems which I don't use for example Apple products & Android just to name two.

My point which you appeared to have missed was a request for a list of approved browsers, not a list of browsers which could be used. Now I could fire up the old Amiga 1200 and try playing the game on that, I know enough to get that to work, I'm wise enough to know that would be a very painfully laggy thing to do. No I'm not going to repeat the same futile experiment with a ZX Spectrum

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    And every time BB has posted they have changed things on their side to remove lag, it has been getting worse.
    Yup. That's my impression too.

Reply to Thread