Reply to Thread

Thread: Purging

World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb Purging

So tonight we were having a chat in G3 about the Newfoundland economy, and how some of us believe that our server being 'full' and now invitation only is going to have a negative impact on our economy. Without new players, the demand for the lower-mid level resources has all but dried up and this is going to get worse as more and more of us approach the level cap.

The only solution I can think of is an account purging system. Accounts below X level that have never made a gem purchase and haven't been active for Y amount of time are purged from the server, creating room for new players to be directed back to Newfoundland and keep the economy ticking over. This would be done on all servers, a global rule as it were, but would hold the most benefit for the older, fuller servers.

In another game I play, accounts are regularly purged. If you do not log in for 6 weeks and you never subscribed, your account is deleted. This means you lose anything you had accrued whilst playing but they do send you an email a few days beforehand giving you a chance to log in and reset your inactivity.

I'd be interested to hear what other players think of this, even if you disagree.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    HI,was thinking same...so many players stop playing because of level cap or also become monotonous at some point in-time...its better to introduce account surveillance like if not active for certain period of time accounts are suspended & send mail to user about current activity even after that no reactivation after long period of time may be considered for permanent removal(i don't like second option )...
    But should give fair amount of time for doing so, as we all spend-ed precious time time to make up-to that level....just to create enough space for new players ...

World
    Newfoundland
    I just want to clarify that I was thinking only of very low level accounts. Sub 24, perhaps? It should be obvious that a level 2 player who hasn't logged in for 6 months is never going to come back, and if they do they can get back to level 2 in 10 minutes!

World
    Northisle
    Terms of Use

16.TERMINATION

16.2a We may suspend or close your Account and your ability to use one or more Services or part of the Services, at any time, automatically and at our sole discretion where:

part ii .....•your Account has been inactive for more than six months and you do not have access to pay functions;

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i doubt the definition of full is based on number of accounts, more on number of active accounts per server- and probably in relation to each other. They will want to prevent the situation that 1 server is very active and 2 others are low activity- which will drive people away.

There have been times when NFL was open and NI was closed- so there is some balancing act. With the cheap storage, it would be conceivable that they wont do an account purge ever- mainly because it will always lead to extra demand on support when the scripts target a few accounts that shouldnt have been purged and then need to be restored- or people coming back and demanding their gems/gem bought items back etc

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    i doubt the definition of full is based on number of accounts, more on number of active accounts per server- and probably in relation to each other. They will want to prevent the situation that 1 server is very active and 2 others are low activity- which will drive people away.

There have been times when NFL was open and NI was closed- so there is some balancing act. With the cheap storage, it would be conceivable that they wont do an account purge ever- mainly because it will always lead to extra demand on support when the scripts target a few accounts that shouldnt have been purged and then need to be restored- or people coming back and demanding their gems/gem bought items back etc
    There shouldn't be a reason for the wrong accounts to be purged. The quantifiers would prevent that.

It would be interesting to know whether inactive accounts are counted towards a server being 'full'.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    good idea Icegirl,
    indeed, i have seen it in other games too: inactives who never purchased game items with real money get deleted after some time, giving space for new ppl again
    and indeed, our economy seems to be suffering

Reply to Thread