Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Trade chat tab removed/postponed

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

[Feedback] Trade chat tab removed/postponed

Latest news right here.

Please comment below.
    Last edited by BB_Dantesama; 22.02.13 at 20:10.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I thought the purpose of this was because people wanted to chat and trade without having to switch. Are there any reasons given for the change?

As the game progresses, there will be more buyers of rarer items than sellers, like granite, gem items, popular adventures. Without trading and competing for these items, the trade office is the only option where most offers are ridiculous and putting an offer for more than 1 is too expensive.

If the plan is not to have a trading chat, then other areas need to be improved, like adding lootspots and making multiple trades (possibly gained by completing quests) or fix permanent prices for commonly traded items to be bought and sold easier and faster.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Linking to the news update from here and linking to the feedback thread from the update would be really useful, Dantesama. Ta

Peajay, the reason is that it's bugged, not that they don't want to do it.

G

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I've watched the trade chat on the test server, and seen no problems with it. It's just the same as global-3, but on a separate tab, so allows you to follow global-1 at the same time.

One of the reasons given for the delay is: "players/testers have reported that content/history is often lost due to refreshes"

Well, of course it does. The same happens for all chat channels. If you refresh, how is it supposed to keep the chat that continues while you are, effectively, offline? Maybe I'm misunderstanding that excuse...?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am one of those people that are not too bothered about this not showing as I always stay in g-3.

However, for people that mainly stay in g-1 or their global language channel. I think this is a real disappointment.

Many of the things that BB try on the "testserver" can be implemented across all game and language worlds. However, I do really feel this is an issue that affects UK/EU servers the most. Most servers are single language - our servers are not. I can totally understand if French, German, Polish, German servers etc do not see this as an issue...

As long as BB keeps sticking to the decision (that was not forewarned to players as far as I know) that these servers are European wide, instead of being a specific UK server with English language (which the servers started as) - I really feel that they should pay more attention to the issues that our 3 game worlds have. Issues that are unique, due to BB's decision to change them from UK to EU servers.

As for chat refreshes - it's been bad since this weeks maintenance. I'm used to the adv invite bug that has lasted a few months, I (and others) have been able to stay in game since maintenance, but chat refreshes, which means loosing history.

I do appreciate that BB do not want to introduce another bugged update - that does make me happy

Blue

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    Linking to the news update from here and linking to the feedback thread from the update would be really useful, Dantesama. Ta

Peajay, the reason is that it's bugged, not that they don't want to do it.

G
    Noted.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamdoggy View Post
    I've watched the trade chat on the test server, and seen no problems with it. It's just the same as global-3, but on a separate tab, so allows you to follow global-1 at the same time.

One of the reasons given for the delay is: "players/testers have reported that content/history is often lost due to refreshes"

Well, of course it does. The same happens for all chat channels. If you refresh, how is it supposed to keep the chat that continues while you are, effectively, offline? Maybe I'm misunderstanding that excuse...?
    Help tab does not clear when you switch to global-1, and Global-1 does not clear when you switch to help. Infact, none of the other tabs (news, guild, whisper) clear when you switch tabs. This is how they want the Trade tab to work as well, and if I understand it, that is not how it is currently working.

BlueByte are right in delaying the release until works as they intended it to.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

World
    Sandycove

Lightbulb My suggestion/preference to trade chat/tabs

well, I prefer it to stay the way it currently is and ggrrrr to all those that requested a trade chat tab.
    The only genuine reason i can think of for such a tab is to make everyone aware of its existence as i appreciate the fact that not all who play the game are even aware that a trade chat room exists !
    Other than that reason, it is just another tab/room where folks arrive and type something irrelevant only to say "oops, sorry, wrong tab" hehe

I would however rather some kind of option so that folk could select/highlight, turn off/on various tabs.
    I am not sure if this is possible, but would be great and better imho if it could be implemented for users to enable/disable tabs as and when a users require them be it 1 tab or all 6 (7 if new tab does survive and gets added!). The only tabs that needs to remain "static" should be the News tab.

So, I for 1, am really hoping the new tab continues to wreak havoc in test, fails like a lead balloon and never see the light of day on main
    Last edited by DUNJAI; 27.02.13 at 22:59.
    He who speaks often, knows little;
    Those that know, speak rarely.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    besides which, there's barely any life on g1 for long periods, so they aren't going to miss anything 'juicy' anyway.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    All the best solving the issues. Meanwhile, you could edit the in-game Change log advertising new Trade tab. It's kinda confusing

Reply to Thread