Closed Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Logs

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    4 winds final reward is great, but there is 90% possibility that u ll not get there, and rewards for a subquests are silly! 2000 marble and 100 sandwiches for 700 bronze?!

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    The amazing thing about the continued locked quests is that this was allegedly fixed on the test server yet has not been. The reply from BB_Slash on the test server forum is "This happens because of the prebuilt island. It should not be an issue on the live worlds." It is obviously is still an issue and I am disappointed in BB for this and for not testing the Four Winds quests before releasing here.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Endless battle animation on adventure maps is now fixed
    This is NOT fixed, I'm staring at one such animation right now.

World
    Northisle
    the quest join the army hasn't unlocked for me even though the level limit has been removed.

World
    Sandycove

Thumbs down epic fail

well, after grumbling to my friends in chat and guildies, i have decided to bring my gripes and notes here. hehe

with last update, some things went ok, but as usual, we have all been left a little deflated !
    i will start by mentioning that the chat has been just awful since update with many freezes of chat-tabs and refresh of client required to resolve!

below are the fixes that were promised and failed to be delivered upon:

1.Several quests could not be completed due to a level range that was unintentionally too high. This issue is now fixed, the quests can be completed = false. folk still have issues with old quests remaining in their quest logs and cannot complete them with many still having quests they cannot complete due to too high a level or home island cleared of bandits already.

2.Endless battle animation on adventure maps is now fixed = again false. in fact on my last adventure on Traitors last night, not only were the endless block/attack animations still present, they have got worse ! as well as the usual animation the remains, i also had 2 icons of crossed-swords on my map (the swords you get on your attack indicator that you place on enemy camps to attack them). also, when i zoomed in and/or out, the swords kind of remained. and "kind of" in the sense that they not stay in same place, and that with every increment of zoom, they vanish and appear in another location on the island. rofl.

3.Quest system was optimized for better performance= not quite true, rewards are still terrible for resources required and many have complained about "four winds" quest chain being ridiculous and again, resources demanded far outweigh the rewards in sub-quests of that chain !!!!

on the + side, nice to finally see new adventure and mini quests and that full screen now works fine

all in all, BB have outdone themselves yet again with more errors than fixes another time around. better luck next time maybe ?
    right, glad that's off my chest and hope i am not the only 1 thinking BB has left us all feeling a wee bit let down again
    hope things improve with advent of easter event on the horizon
    Last edited by DUNJAI; 04.03.13 at 06:14.
    He who speaks often, knows little;
    Those that know, speak rarely.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post
    Hey guys,

The devs are aware that not all bugs have been fixed with this update (mainly blocked quests).
    I'm trying to get some more information.

Will let you know as soon as I have an update.

Best

BB_Dantesama

Well Dantesama, how's it going with the communication?

It's a major bug, replacing another long-time bug affecting many players. So they had friday and most of the monday to comment on it. Given it's not a small thingy.... they sure must have said something right? Or... is the communication with the developers perhaps 'not functioning to satisfaction'. If you asked them but just dont get an answer yourself, I'de like to hear that. I'm wondering where it goes wrong all the time.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    ok new update:

EXTENDED Maintenance 07/03/2013
    Our weekly maintenance will take place this Thursday, March 7th at 00h30 and end approximately around 13h00 GMT (Uk time).
    Exceptionally, this maintenance will be extended so we can do some modifications to the database.

-Please check your inbox once the maintenance is complete.
    -Normal adventures times will be extended
    -(Will keep you updated regarding the crisis quest)

We thought it necessary to keep you informed a few days in advance.
    The TSO team

Uhm on what exactly do you think you're keeping us informed here? I would say it raises more questions then it provided answers.

Somehow there is a hint you had contact with the developers. Or at least the developers send the community managers a pigeon with a few words on a piece of paper, sounds more like it to be honest. But.... if there was 'contact' then is it that hard to actually say something?

* Is it about the newly introduced bug that replaced the level-requirement bug?
    * Is it something with the four winds-quest?
    * is it something else that's meant as surprise? (then you still can tell that much, that it's not a bugfix or repair for the crisis-event)

If adjustments are going to be made to the crisis quest (as the suggestion is, what else can 'will keep you updated regarding the crisis quest' mean?), then we need to know asap! People are making decisions to start or stop the quest. If you're giving us 1 week extra, people who are trying to finish should not stop trying, otherwise they're wasting time. If the requirements are changed (say not find granite, but finish the adventure) then it is better to wait.

So Dantesama, you're not doing very well in 'keeping us informed'. I saw the germans dont have more information on their forum, so I suspects it not your fault. But then you should get mad at the developers and tell us they're letting you down too because they're sending you back to us *evil horde* emptyhanded. Stop acting like they communicate with you.
    There are 2 options, 1: You can't communicate 2: the developers can't communicate. Someone is not answering questions, and not providing the information we need.

*check your mailbox*. If you're going to send us some goodies because the developers messed up, why on earth cant they just say *sorry, our fault & working on it!*.
    On thursday the long awaited new version was launched. Long awaited by many because it would finally fix the level-requirements. And then... it didn't. Then you had thursday, friday and monday (personally I would not find it weird to get the devs back for the weekend if they mess up this badly, but ok) and all we get is.... silence. And a newsflash with some hints there might be going to happen something. Ah wonderfull. Now we're really informed indeed. We dont need mystery and suspense, we need bugfixes and information.

I hope I dont find just pigeon-poo in the mailbox. 7 floating houses would be nice. Or even better, developers who actually bring news, then I dont even need goodies at all!

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 to Promethos

"-Please check your inbox once the maintenance is complete."
    Ofc everyone checks inbox when logging in.
    Id like to get more info about that. Planning to wipe out old saved mails?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    +2 ..... communication please!

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Hello guys,

The maintenance itself is not a corrective patch. The devs need to do some changes on the database, this should not have a direct impact on the game. At least, nothing we can see.

-The "inbox" reference refers to "compensation" goodies for the extended maintenance.
    -Adventures will be extended due to a longer maintenance.
    -Regarding the Crisis Quest, I cannot confirm if it will be postponed or not (the quest itself lasts two weeks)

We are all waiting for an update on this and yes, I will let you know when I have facts only.

BB_Dantesama
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Closed Thread