Closed Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Logs

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    oh. In that case:

* be carefull what you say in a announcement for maintenance. Mentioning the crisis-quest in the same message suggests there is a conection between them while there apparently is not.

* how is it going with the communication with the devs? They have had thursday, friday and monday to comment on their failure. Are they aware they replaced a bug with a bug? Do they realise lots of people have waited long for that fix, and now are hugely annoyed and disappointed? What are they going to do?

Those questions are not hard to answer, and it's a big concern for many players. They should let us know what went wrong, and what the plan is. I dont ask for a fix immediatly, I ask for the developers to talk. What are you doing about it? Have you talked to your boss about the lack of comunication with the devs? Have you phoned the department, or walked to their desk if they're in the same building?

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Promethos, I know that you want answers, I completely understand the frustration.

I do what I can with what is given to me, nothing more, nothing less.
    We all want more information and we are pushing for it every day. However, I will not discuss details on how things are handled. It's just not appropriate nor is it the place.

I appreciate your feedback, I do. You will just have to trust that I am doing what is necessary to improve communication.

Thank you

Best

BB_Dantesama

Quote Originally Posted by Promethos View Post
    oh. In that case:

* be carefull what you say in a announcement for maintenance. Mentioning the crisis-quest in the same message suggests there is a conection between them while there apparently is not.

* how is it going with the communication with the devs? They have had thursday, friday and monday to comment on their failure. Are they aware they replaced a bug with a bug? Do they realise lots of people have waited long for that fix, and now are hugely annoyed and disappointed? What are they going to do?

Those questions are not hard to answer, and it's a big concern for many players. They should let us know what went wrong, and what the plan is. I dont ask for a fix immediatly, I ask for the developers to talk. What are you doing about it? Have you talked to your boss about the lack of comunication with the devs? Have you phoned the department, or walked to their desk if they're in the same building?
    Last edited by BB_Dantesama; 05.03.13 at 13:06.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

World
    Newfoundland
    NEW FEATURE: CRISIS QUESTS

The first crisis quest called "Four winds" will be activated after the maintenance and will end 2 weeks after that.

I am wondering when exactly this four winds quest will end, will this mean that we cannot do it anymore, will it disappear?
    what date will it be then exactly?
    and Why not give ppl teh chance to finish some really impossble quests

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Hey viool, this is nicked from another forum:

"The first crisis quest is called "Four Winds" and it will be activated after the maintenance. It will be removed [3] weeks later with the start of that week's maintenance."

Edit: For us 28.02.13-14.03.13 is now 28.02.13-21.03.13 as seen here: Crisis Quest Update

Dante, thank you for clarifying part of the Maintenance announcement, this is helpful and clear and it would be great if it could be added to, or replace entirely, the: original post instead of hidden away here:

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post
    Hello guys,

The maintenance itself is not a corrective patch. The devs need to do some changes on the database, this should not have a direct impact on the game. At least, nothing we can see.

-The "inbox" reference refers to "compensation" goodies for the extended maintenance.
    -Adventures will be extended due to a longer maintenance.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 08.03.13 at 16:21. Reason: Portion removed and Event Dates highlighted to reduce confusion. Event End Date changed to allow for the extention

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Unfortunately, due to technical reasons, the Four Winds quest will not have its time extended after maintenance.

The main post has been updated right here .
    Last edited by BB_Dantesama; 06.03.13 at 17:38.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Thank you Dante.

I do think changing it now would probably have caused more problems than it solved anyway. Many people have already made their decisions and such a large change smack in the middle when the Quest may already have been canceled would have been troubling. Four Winds has a number of serious difficulties, clearly, but they've been identified and can hopefully be dealt with in a way that's fair to everyone.

And the "goodies" are a very nice surprise, cheers for that.

World
    Newfoundland
    ty ioanthe and dantesma for being clear on that. And yes I know Iolanthe it was on another post, should have put quotes on it, sorry

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    Thank you Dante.

I do think changing it now would probably have caused more problems than it solved anyway. Many people have already made their decisions and such a large change smack in the middle when the Quest may already have been canceled would have been troubling. Four Winds has a number of serious difficulties, clearly, but they've been identified and can hopefully be dealt with in a way that's fair to everyone.

And the "goodies" are a very nice surprise, cheers for that.
    Boy, is that true. Now playing catchup on these quests on most servers, but on my German account now 9 days into the 14, my explorers have yet to find a single piece of granite.
    Would love to know why yet again, the 'compensation' for the added maintenance time was lower here than elsewhere. Are we still the 'second-class' players here?
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    ANY word on when the LVL cap raise will be implemented or when PVP will be implemented???

This game has been on hibernation mode for too long waiting on crucial updates....

In addition BB_Dantesama your post of not extending the crisis quest is referring to the 2 weeks originally promised or are you saying that the quest chain will be cut short and removed all together tonight with maintenance???
    Last edited by Driller7; 06.03.13 at 22:49.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Driller7 View Post
    In addition BB_Dantesama your post of not extending the crisis quest is referring to the 2 weeks originally promised or are you saying that the quest chain will be cut short and removed all together tonight with maintenance???
    We will still have the quest after tonight's maintenance, it will expire after next weeks
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Closed Thread