Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Granite with Bandit Nest ? And Old Friend ? In 2 weeks ? You gotta be kidding me. I can understand all the resource need for this quest and even the Outlaw adventure challenge or 500 longbows but the quest getting granite with Bandit Nest and Old Friend is ridiculous for 2 weeks. The lost for this quest chain is too high and we have to depend on our luck with those rare adventures to complete it. I'd rather do Son of the Veld or Secluded Experiment than those adventures. At least give us 4 weeks.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    What happens if you go from lvl 35 to 36 during the event ? is it still the 26-35 event chain that you need to do ?

World
    Newfoundland
    As far I know Morten, the quest chain won't change to the next tier.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl View Post
    I also have the option to give my opinion, regardless of whether or not I choose to do the quest.
    Too right.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl View Post
    As far I know Morten, the quest chain won't change to the next tier.
    Ok thnx Icegirl

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good rewards, but quest chain is too much tbh. Luck aspect combined with having to build 3 extremely useless and extremely expensive buildings (tita smelter, dama smith, crossbow smith.) I could try the luck thing, specific loot from specific adventures, specific explorer result and other stuff OR build useless expensive buildings, but definately not both.

Thanks, but no thanks. Maybe next time.
    Last edited by Gorefield; 02.03.13 at 12:16.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Kioco View Post
    Unfortunately I have to agree with the majority of the feedback here, The quest chains doesn't favour the casual player, working 6 days a week I don't get to play a lot, and with that said I doubt the hardcore player would stand a chance completing this without spending a lot of real money to meet the deadline.

The rewards seem balanced and fair.
    But the timer should be removed or set to perhaps 3-4 months.

Overall its a great idea and well welcomed, just needs a small adjustment

Kioco.

Edit - Typo...
    I don't think it is a great idea at all!
    A great idea it is what normal players are able to do,an idea that come with very likely impossibilities it is a stupid idea and not great,regardless the time given.
    The problem we do have it is that the developers of this game are sitting in their offices and try to figure out what to do,but they don't play the game in the normal way of the majority of the players.They should star to do it,play with no more conditions than a normal players,not having any extras because of their position.Then they could have an idea of what to do,that I am 100% would make them change their minds about what they do.
    While they are as they are now,sitting in their offices and know NOTHING from the users point o f view of the game they only can mess up with this,because they have no idea of what they are asking to players to do,for them it is simple...the resources,adventures etc are there so we do ask them to use it,they don't see that it isn't affordable for normal players.
    Last edited by Ares-1; 02.03.13 at 13:12.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Have any of the mods pushed this back to BB? 2 weeks is clearly not long enough.. official word from BB about the length of time and chance of extending it??

World
    Newfoundland
    Hey there, just a heads up, all comments have been read so far by me (and likely others as well) and I will pass over as much information regarding feedback as I can, I am sure others will read and do the same.

From what I have seen though a lot of people are unhappy with this as it breaks "their style of play".

As we all know, there is no one hat that fits all, so as much as certain players are put out by the difference in play the game is offering, others (likely in game now) are flying at it as a new challenge. I know several in my guild are loving the opportunity to tackle something new in the game!

I understand one of the biggest bugbears that others have described is due to the "random" drop nature of the requirements on both the explorers and the quests, which I can understand, there is no element of planning you can put into that.

One question I might pose to some of the players is "Are you ready for the next step?" in terms of when the big changes to come in, as much as we don't know when the level 50+ content is due, what I have noticed a lot of is people using Recruits still at high levels, as they're easy to produce with low cost and a fast build time. But what if you used higher level troops instead of Recs, if you look at it from a PvP point of view, taking 200 Crossbowmen or 200 Elites over with a General into a PvP area will reduce your travel time with force greatly, especially if your opponent is coming with 200 Recs each time!

So maybe on that view, having the buildings in place to ramp up your production when the times comes is only smart thinking, rather than a "resource drain". It's a one off cost and you can always leave it snoozed, as far as I can see the only drain it would cause would be that of a building licence.

But I can assure you, your feedback is being read and will be passed on to the correct people in due course.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1 to peck_ed

totally agree that it is a great quest and nice challenge, changing it would result in people now enjoying it to start and complain, because it doesn't fit their playing style. Mine is focussed on the future...PvP and new event quest chains

Reply to Thread