Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1 Bluefairy, I can't even attempt to do the quest as I don't have the resources to build the things I need, what a disappointment this turned out to be.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    This has never been tested on the test server and having seen the requirements for each part I can understand why. It is the most awful set of quests that I have seen as a level 47 player. I suspect BB knew that it would be very unpopular and difficult to complete which is why it has not been tested on the test server.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Shouldn't we count in all the rewards? For levels 46-50 you don't get just 500 gems, silo, and watermill. You also get 625 exo planks, 200 exo wood, 500 granite, 1150 coins, and 100 dama swords.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I'd considered that Dialecticus but for my level set at least, as far as I can see, the only Quest that doesn't cost far more in time or resources than it could possibly return including the gems and Watermill is:

8. Produce 200 settlers, own 5000 longbows. Reward: 300 bread

Especially with Easter so close there is, to me, nothing in the Chain worth doing. And I'm very sorry to say that, it did look fun. Own 500 Longbowmen? Really? I have no problem with the idea of a resource sink but this is a bit much and just too close to another Event with things I very much do want.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah count all that and do the quest chain with those resources!!!
    HAHAHAHA!!!
    Last edited by Ares-1; 28.02.13 at 23:14.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Event Quests:"Four Winds"
    Well Devs once again the ridiculous job done!!
    Should I say more???
    Thanks for turn TSO even more down!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I cancelled the quest...
    I already know i wouldn't have gotten to the final quest and the rest is to much for to little for my minions and there king ;-).
    Don't get me wrong i love these quests as an extra to the game keeps you motivated and gives you a fast reachable goal but this one is not for me :-)

Good luck to you all !!

World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah, I'm not doing it now I've seen that ridiculous chain. I do at least one Surprise Attack a day and I don't think I've ever had granite. In fact, I haven't had granite on an adventure or lootspot for weeks now. And why on Earth would you make us make so many longbows?!
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    I've got several problems with the quest:

* I have no need for a damascene swordsmith/crossbowsmith/titanium smelter. My settlers are happy without, and I've always given titanium-ore etc to friends who do have them. No need to all build those buildings.
    Except for the quest, which suddenly asks me to spend 10k granite if I want to finish the quest. Why does expect BB us to follow the narrow path they've laid? There are so many ways to play, give us back the freedom and joy to build the island we want, without the pressure of quests asking for those buildings.

* The adventures. I just checked, and found no motherly love or surprise attack on the market, and I dont have them in the inventory. Given it might take several attempts to find granite, that is... a problem. Surprise attack costs 500 map fragments, and not sure if BB has one, but I missed the latest map-fragment copymachine.

* 2 weeks.
    That's not a lot. I need 2 days for a very long treasurehunts. Just when that's done (hopefully with granite) I'm off for 2 days. So 10 days for all the rest. Uhm... not much if you dont find granite the first time. And if I have to spend soo many resources, I dont want to depend on luck to be able to finish.

So, a rediculous event. But after I saw they fixed the locked-quest problem by replacing it with a new bug, and seeing the announcement for the trade-tab is still there although it was cancelled 2 weeks ago or so (but it takes at least a month to delete a line, it's hard to find the backspace-button ya know!) it fits the picture of the latest update. What a disaster.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I thought this looked manageable (difficult, but manageable) until I saw the requirement to get specific loot drops from a specific adventure, all of which would require you to do that adventure three times on average.

Specific numbers:

Find 600 Granite from 'Bandits Nest' loot - chance of granite from adventure is 33%, total average losses = 900R, 198S, 300C
    Find 400 Granite from 'Old Friends' Loot - chance of granite from adventure is 37.5%, total average losses = 1100R, 195C (ignoring the fact that chance of finding adventure from WotS is less than 25%)

And you realistically have 4 days total in which to do those 6 adventures.

That's not difficult, that's impossible.

I'm sorry, only a total moron could have created that quest chain. I was largely supportive of the massive error of judgement that was EotW, but this is just awful.

Reply to Thread