Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Explorers have just come back with 30 and 60 granite respectively, from the correct length search. Quest log still says 0, and once in a while will disappear, only to come back as a 'new quest'.
    Seriously, how about fixing some existing bugs, before adding new ones?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    having looked over this post i feel a bit concerned at the timing of everything i have done ten searches in a row befor and not had one lump of granit if this happens again ill never be able to complete in time and even if my first guy come back with granite the rest is looking a bit daunting too, 500 long bowmen seriously? i suppose its one out for the longbows but js ludicrous imo. I tend to agree with blue aswell with the amount of resources being payed towards the quests i could easily afford to buy a silo or 2 off of trade and one more thing why is it a silo for 26 - 35 and a water mill for 36 - 45, a silo is better because there are more outs for wheat, strange reward replacement? sitting here scratching my head and asking why?

World
    Sandycove
    I was really excited about the Four Winds quest. I like the idea of it. After reading the list of of sub quests for the lvl 36-45 quest however, I think it is safe to say I will not be attempting any of this. Why not? Couple of reasons:

1) I seriously doubt I'll be able to complete in time.
    2) I have have never even seen a Bandit's Nest adventure
    3) I have been playing for 8 months now, and gotten exactly one Old Friend's adventure. I doubt I'll find another one in the next 2 weeks. At a chance of 1/3 of getting granite I may need even more.
    4) 1200 coins plus 500 longbowmen for a 300 brew reward? You must have made a typo there, my friary spits that much brew out in less that 2 hours (unbuffed).
    5) As it is close to Easter I am saving resources to trade for easter eggs. Most of the sub quests require a considerable amount of valuable resources making the timing of this event is just wrong.

I don't mind up giving resources in general, I like the idea of going on a hunt for certain items, I can deal with having to source certain adventures but please can we have something that can actually be achieved in the time allowed, has a half decent cost/benefit ratio and isn't right smack bang in front of another major event?

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Sigh, again a quest in the category 'not worth it', at least for 46+ if you don't have those expert buildings already. Costs 10k granite to build them, the rewards aren't worth that - and suprise attack is a costly adventure too, which may be hard to complete several times.

So no thanks, BB.

As a related note: you still haven't given me any reason why it would be worthwhile to build any expert building beyond an exotic woodmill. The results can more cheaply be obtained from adventures (and in some cases from the TO; but in 95% of the cases you want the weapons anyway, not the intermediary products). If you want us to own those buildings, you have to make it more worthwhile.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayek View Post

As a related note: you still haven't given me any reason why it would be worthwhile to build any expert building beyond an exotic woodmill. The results can more cheaply be obtained from adventures (and in some cases from the TO; but in 95% of the cases you want the weapons anyway, not the intermediary products). If you want us to own those buildings, you have to make it more worthwhile.
    As you can see they try to force us to build them - pay carriages in GQ, build those buildings as side quest, use them in Four winds. It is just an attempt to correct the fatal flaw in design where XB,DS and cannons can be easily obtained from adventures and TO.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Main problem are those exotic adventures that you have to pay with map fragments, or chase from small adventures. If loot would give me 100% of what is required then the the whole quest would pay off, but with 33% in both adventures it's just too much.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Some people report that the very first quest (bring granite from long search) is bugged and does not complete.

World
    Sandycove
    I can only agree with previous comments; having seen the whole quest chain, this event is a total bypass as far as I'm concerned.

*sigh - another potentially great idea that has been ruined by the Devs total lack of knowledge about how the game is played by the people who matter

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    IMNSHO this is a failed attempt of an resourcesink. I don't mind wasting some resources on getting hard to get buildings, but this is just absurd. Newflash to BB an resource sink ONLY works if you demand large quantities of resources which are plentifull. And granite, is NOT one of them.

Also, stop trying to work around the fact that NOBDOY in his right mind is going to built those expert buildings. Get 51+ levels out there, create new troops make sure that the weapons CAN"T be found in adventures but ofcourse the resources needed to produce them CAN be found plentifull in adventures and modify the expert buildings so that they can produce the weapons needed. Problem SOLVED!!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    whats the point of finishing adventure n realize u don't get granite in reward..... so quest ask to do again
    i can buy watermill with amount of time n troops spending of some worthless adventures lol

Reply to Thread