Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    For 36-45 lvl player all chain can be done in 7-9 days if properly prepared (and some luck). All "own" requests can be done before quest (incl. 500LB - just start training them now, and waste them in Old Friends later, or make few EotW).
    Time sinkers are here:
    1. 24h for search should be done if you got 3+ explo - anyway it's much shorter than 500EW+500granite search which took me about 4 weeks.
    2. Max. 12h to make 100EWP
    3. Max. 12h to make 100baskets
    4. A day for Outlaw adventure
    5. Bandit Nest... this is one weak point of my strategy - 200MF for a map :/ and 33% chance... let's put up to 3 days here
    6, 7, 8. Produce Musk, Lb, settlers - 1 day for all
    9. LB-man made before (good to have 2500+ housing), so just pass to next quest
    10. Old Friends is easy and got 2 granite slots, so 2x 37,5% in one run. One day for even two advs. should be enough.
    Total: 5 days + Bandit Nest
    Beeing lvl43 i can spare 4k tools, 3k marble, 10k HWP, 3k meat and even 5k useless LB :P The only one problem is spending 200MF (or 400, or 600 or even more... who knows...) for poor adventure - BB failed here, or just want us to spend our resources before Easter Event.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Thank you all for posts and discussion. I am kind of sorry I did the first few parts of the quest. I will cancel quest as others have done already;
    -
    It's not only difficult, but perhaps impossible if you can't get enough of the needed adventures .

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SettlerPiter View Post
    For 36-45 lvl player all chain can be done in 7-9 days if properly prepared (and some luck). All "own" requests can be done before quest (incl. 500LB - just start training them now, and waste them in Old Friends later, or make few EotW).
    Time sinkers are here:
    1. 24h for search should be done if you got 3+ explo - anyway it's much shorter than 500EW+500granite search which took me about 4 weeks.
    2. Max. 12h to make 100EWP
    3. Max. 12h to make 100baskets
    4. A day for Outlaw adventure
    5. Bandit Nest... this is one weak point of my strategy - 200MF for a map :/ and 33% chance... let's put up to 3 days here
    6, 7, 8. Produce Musk, Lb, settlers - 1 day for all
    9. LB-man made before (good to have 2500+ housing), so just pass to next quest
    10. Old Friends is easy and got 2 granite slots, so 2x 37,5% in one run. One day for even two advs. should be enough.
    Total: 5 days + Bandit Nest
    Beeing lvl43 i can spare 4k tools, 3k marble, 10k HWP, 3k meat and even 5k useless LB :P The only one problem is spending 200MF (or 400, or 600 or even more... who knows...) for poor adventure - BB failed here, or just want us to spend our resources before Easter Event.
    Can I just point out that there is a large difference between you being level 43 and somebody who has just hit level 36! Crossbowmen and Elite Soldiers for a start

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneMunki View Post
    Can I just point out that there is a large difference between you being level 43 and somebody who has just hit level 36! Crossbowmen and Elite Soldiers for a start
    At lvl36 first thing is to fast get 200XB at all cost. Elite S and S are realy tiny difference in game.
    But in the other point you are right - for 36 lvl economy and army this quest chain can be a hard challenge.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Canceled the quest also. Ridiculous rewards compared to the cost's. BB, didn't you learn something from the earlier days, back then you startet the daily quest ???

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    I just had to cancel the whole quest chain, as a lvl 50 player i got as second quest to produce, not obtain, but really produce 20 damascene swords, while i really know no one who is dumb enough to start a damascene production line (same as with crossbows, no one makes them, adventures give afterall more then enough swords and xbows as rewards), and no possibillity to buy the quest off with gems.
    So sadly I had to cancel this questchain, another fail for BB in my eyes.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would like to thank all those complainers that they managed to project their (SAME / BORING) opinions and yet again turning a topic into a complain-fest.

Why not write a book about it? I mean the amount of typing you people do (and they're always the same, mind you) you could fill an encyclopedia.

Do you really think by infecting all the topics, it would help?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchDuty View Post
    I just had to cancel the whole quest chain, as a lvl 50 player i got as second quest to produce, not obtain, but really produce 20 damascene swords, while i really know no one who is dumb enough to start a damascene production line (same as with crossbows, no one makes them, adventures give afterall more then enough swords and xbows as rewards), and no possibillity to buy the quest off with gems.
    So sadly I had to cancel this questchain, another fail for BB in my eyes.
    Same here. Would rather invest all that marble into getting my barracks to L5 than a building I am never going to use.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    May I just add my thoughts :-)

With adding the Four Winds as a Quest chain, BB has made it possible to do new quests and have fun in trying to complete them. At any point during the Quest chain you can decide to do the next subquest, you are not forced to continue if you don't want. The reward for completing the entire chain is in my opinion very nice and worth some effort. BB did not add those rewards as a gift for every player to receive, however, it is clear from all posts above that all players are focussed on profit and not on playing a game and doing something different for a change.

At first, I myself was overwhelmed by the subquest requirements, but having had a better look and attempting to finish the second subquest, I am starting to think I might even finish in 1 week (and with luck even in 5 days). So in all big tumbs up to BB, very nice surprice after the maintanence

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Well that is odd, because when I cancelled I was warned that cancelling the quest would (and did) cancel the entire chain. If there had been an option to continue for the lesser individual sub quest rewards then I would not feel so totally let down yet again. Or do I get the next sub quest tomorrow?

Reply to Thread