Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm glad to see that some people like this quest chain. I suspect they are not high level players. In the top two brackets it's just not worth doing, in my opinion. Why - again - do I need to make 500 longbowmen? Why not ask us to make something we might actually use? And to make us attempt to sink all these resources so close to the much anticipated Easter event is just not on. Easter is probably the best event of the year due to the possible rewards, and they know people are stockpiling resources so they can get enough eggs for all the goodies.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    The problem is that it yet again fails on so many points. The rewards for the subquests are not great compared to the costs, the specifics of the subquests are ridiculous, having to get granite form ML and Surprise Attack, as if doing them is so easy to begin with. Then you can add the expert buildings you need and the cost of those. And to top it all off: please do it in 2 weeks, even though they mostly take awhile to finish. If you are unlucky you can;t even finish them in time even though you try to do everything as fast as you possibly can. Im sorry I started on this quest, if I knew what was in store I wouldn't have.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes it is asking a lot to do but it's also a nice goal to work towards. The people complaining about certain buildings needed already needed them for the main quest line so you should be building them for that.

My only complaint I have is the timescale, 2 weeks is far too short for something that relies on chance based sub-quests and loot drops. I have the 10 savage scouts and sending them all out resulted in elogs and titanium ore this morning so there's a day of the 2 weeks gone. Also I tend to be out on the weekends so that takes another 4 days out of my play time.

I think this quest should remain, the reward should be something like a special general/scout/explorer, something that you can't buy and the time limit removed so people can play this in a sensible time, especially with Easter coming up as lots want to play it but are questioning whether or not to as they're saving resources for eggs and questioning if they could even do it in the time given.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Level 36-45, part 3.
    "Buy 4000 resources, produce 100 baskets. Reward: 200 sausages"
    It's actually sell. No biggie, but still.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    The timing of this event is a bit odd with the easter event not far away, its almost asking us to choose what one to go for, but im still gonna have a crack at it, now on subquest 4 and now sending troops to attempt outlaws for the first time, just hit level 36 recently so i only just opened the green adventures! I been saving swords, bread and brew like crazy to build constant recruits, got potions on the go, drill plans ready!
    I guess it will come down to the getting granite on bandits nest, hope im lucky! I got 3 bandits nests stored and 2 old friends so far. Its a challenge and thats what I want, yeah its daunting but not impossible!

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Yep, if you have 3 Bandit Nests, you are half way to finish whole chain (but you can do 10 of them and get only logs or tit ore).
    And resource sink just berofe Easter event can be a good idea - most people is saving GC, MF and piles-up everything to get precious eggs, and I do not want to see 25gc/single egg in TO.

And if government can steer the petrol price, why not to let BB steer the eggs price :P

BTW - any Bandit Nest guide for only one BHGeneral?
    Last edited by SettlerPiter; 01.03.13 at 14:28.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    yeah m8, I actually been saving up on resources since the start of february as I read about the easter event and last easters rewards. Im stockpiled on resource so I can attempt this and go for easter, I guess it helps having quick scouts as they find a lot of adventures/treasures.
    Im hoping eggs dont go that high either, problem is they got loads of decent rewards at easter!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchDuty View Post
    I just had to cancel the whole quest chain, as a lvl 50 player i got as second quest to produce, not obtain, but really produce 20 damascene swords, while i really know no one who is dumb enough to start a damascene production line (same as with crossbows, no one makes them, adventures give afterall more then enough swords and xbows as rewards), and no possibillity to buy the quest off with gems.
    So sadly I had to cancel this questchain, another fail for BB in my eyes.
    There is already an quest in your questbook to produce damasc swords. Problem is that you are going to get XP for it, which for an L50 is useless, so I kept it inactive.
    BB is trying to create an demand for this building, but the entire demand is hugely artificially. Player is dumb enough to make Xbows/cannons/D.swords using his few resource he gets because he KNOWS it would be stupidly easy to buy them off the TO or to get them via adventures.
    Also the cost of those buildings is so high that you only start building them, when you have totally nothing to do anymore. I started the four winds quest just to keep bussy but I don't plan to do all those adventures as I can make more profit from selling the resources needed to do those adventures then by doing the adventures itself.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by terghi View Post
    Yes it is asking a lot to do but it's also a nice goal to work towards. The people complaining about certain buildings needed already needed them for the main quest line so you should be building them for that.

My only complaint I have is the timescale, 2 weeks is far too short for something that relies on chance based sub-quests and loot drops. I have the 10 savage scouts and sending them all out resulted in elogs and titanium ore this morning so there's a day of the 2 weeks gone. Also I tend to be out on the weekends so that takes another 4 days out of my play time.

I think this quest should remain, the reward should be something like a special general/scout/explorer, something that you can't buy and the time limit removed so people can play this in a sensible time, especially with Easter coming up as lots want to play it but are questioning whether or not to as they're saving resources for eggs and questioning if they could even do it in the time given.
    Why should we be building them? They don't work as they should, and they're not worth the resources required to build or those they use to produce. Those quests just sit in my quest book and remain ignored.

I've already posted today that BB are getting way too fond of trying to make us play the game their way.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by terghi View Post
    That's exactly why I do not like the main-quest either.

I agree with Shelob81 that not everything has to be about the profit. It's a game, and trying new things can be fun. Events are a reward itself even if you dont end up with loads of granite.

But I also liked the freedom the game had in the start. You could choose your own way to build an empire. Besides the game stimulates to work together, that's the whole idea behind the guild-quests as well, doing something with your friends.
    So that's what I am doing. I dont have a damascene weaponsmith, a crossbowmaker or titaniumsmelter. I've always given away the resources those buildings consume to friends who do have them. I've got enough weapons from adventures anyway, and that way I could spend the granite/logs on other buildings. Happy faces everywhere

And then this quest-chain comes around, demanding to spend 10k granite on buildings I dont have, want or need. What happened to the freedom to choose your own path, to enjoy a game the way you like it? I dont like any decision BB is trying to make for me, I disliked the new quest-system from the start. It's a game, it doesn't have to be efficient or all about profit. Stop pushing me to do things my settlers dont like, I'm not a robot and I'm not playing a game to just follow instructions. If I liked that I would have been reading manuals as hobby instead of playing a non-competitive game.

Apart from that, the adventure-quests are a problem, and the 2weeks requirement as well.

Reply to Thread