Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibonaci View Post
    source of this information?
    Source? Check you global channel (we got a lot of new members for example, and this is true for other, ally guilds).

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    The new player is the "best" sample for the survey. lots of experience,many years played
    and global channel just a lot of spam.

Only trade chat - wtb loot spot... wtb loot spot ...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibonaci View Post
    The new player is the "best" sample for the survey. lots of experience,many years played
    and global channel just a lot of spam.

Only trade chat - wtb loot spot... wtb loot spot ...
    We're still talking about Newfoundland. You're on Northshire. And yes, new players are not burned out, and help us, who still can enjoy the game, have fun

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Whizkeyjack View Post
    Source? Check you global channel (we got a lot of new members for example, and this is true for other, ally guilds).
    The reason you have new members is that we have a lot of new players. And the quests are so ridiculous that people need help, and are forced to join a guild to get it.

Don't forget that we are on the same server, and I don't see these thousands of delighted and satisfied players. I see people who are doing it, and STILL whining about it.

I've got to love your tenacity, and the fact that you seem to think you speak for the masses.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl View Post
    The reason you have new members is that we have a lot of new players. And the quests are so ridiculous that people need help, and are forced to join a guild to get it.

Don't forget that we are on the same server, and I don't see these thousands of delighted and satisfied players. I see people who are doing it, and STILL whining about it.

I've got to love your tenacity, and the fact that you seem to think you speak for the masses.
    This is a social game, it would be normal to people help each other and encourage more Guild Activities. I don't see that as a problem!

Thank you for pointing out that we're on the same server. It seems we're not reading the same chat. When it comes to Four Winds, it's usually friendly talk, and there are some complaints about not getting the resource, but it never gets so toxic like here. But yes, I'm not spending all my life in the game, so those moments that I do, I like to read the chat. Also, I never said they never bash, I just didn't experienced it yet.

You confuse my tenacity with my struggle to get people feel more positive (and it does fail when it comes to the forums), you can't blame me for that. Since I do that, I got a lot of friends and people who I could help out in-game!

That's a plus in my book!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    it is funny to see that people with negatives do like to point out that people with possitives do not speak for the server, implying that they do

Where did they get their info from? Same sources or the same 20 or so people posting and reposting on the forums

There are 3 Euro English servers posting on these boards- thats a fair few 1000 players-most of whom do not post on these forums and a fair chunk don;t even read the forums

One point for the satisfied with quest-line players, is that they feel little need to post here that they are satisfied - unless they think it was great- which it wasnt. It is not as bad as many point out though- at least imo :P

I had no issues finding all the pieces needed for the quest- including adventures- pressing a few wots got me the OF needed and fragments the bandit nest and with quest running 3 weeks, there is enough time to do the adventures without crazy time pressure

World
    Northisle
    I think the even quest is ridicilously hard for lvl47-50. I wouldnt' mind building useless damascene weaponsmith, crossbowsmith and titanium smelter, and buying lots of granite, but you really can do months the same adventure without ever finding granite. I've heard about the people who have never won granite from the same adventure even if they did that tens of times. So it is a real gambling with all the useless effort. But I'm building all those ridicilous things for future event quests and keep them shut down.. Perhaps I might have a better luck then.

I'm still trying to find granite from ML but feeling rather pessimistic. Right now I'm playing ML to win titan.. That seems to be the most common good to be found in any adventure...lol My economy right now is based on winning titan from adventures.. I can always count on that.. And the time limit gives really a pressure. So if you're lucky you can get all things done in a good time.. But if now, then it is all lost.. I think this is a great game but the rewards (for all the great effort) are really puny and only trying to encourage people to buy things with gems or gold. You cannot really earn gems within a reasonable effort. If you're smart you never do any quests and just trade things..
    Last edited by Taija; 11.03.13 at 12:44.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Ah, timing. I saw ambadil's post then walked into this in our Help:

Player 1: any one completed the event quest? crisis quest?
    Player 2: granite crisis got a member in the guild who already tried 20 times
    Player 3: me its killing me ha ha ha
    Player 4: i stopped crisis quest last week

Most people don't chat in g-1 or on the forum at all and I sincerely hope the three servers have more than 1,000 players between them. While the players quoted above are chat regulars none of them post regularly, if at all, in the forum but Global 1, Help, Guild chats and Whispers have been filled with many of their same sentiments.

It's very nice that some people have enjoyed the event but Four Winds is flawed at its core and a number of posts commenting on how good it is have insisted there's nothing at all wrong with it which just isn't so. It's difficult I think, if one has grasped the luck problem and some of the other issues to post how lovely it is to have shiny new gems and pretty buildings for relatively little cost and effort when many other, initially very enthusiastic, players haven't had luck on their side.

The week's extension came eight or nine days into a 14 day timeframe, it's done nothing at all for those who've already canceled the Quest based on the original time and very little for those who may still be emptying their Stores for their Nth attempt at Granite. The extension also runs Fours Winds right smack into Easter which is not so nice.

Huzzah for those who've enjoyed it, grats to those who've finished it, and tyVm to all those who have been successful and still managed to realise there need to be some serious adjustments made before the next Crisis Quest rolls out.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ambandil View Post
    it is funny to see that people with negatives do like to point out that people with possitives do not speak for the server, implying that they do

Where did they get their info from? Same sources or the same 20 or so people posting and reposting on the forums

There are 3 Euro English servers posting on these boards- thats a fair few 1000 players-most of whom do not post on these forums and a fair chunk don;t even read the forums

One point for the satisfied with quest-line players, is that they feel little need to post here that they are satisfied - unless they think it was great- which it wasnt. It is not as bad as many point out though- at least imo :P

I had no issues finding all the pieces needed for the quest- including adventures- pressing a few wots got me the OF needed and fragments the bandit nest and with quest running 3 weeks, there is enough time to do the adventures without crazy time pressure
    I don't claim to speak for the server and I never have.

What if only have time do to adventures on weekends. You think it's possible to do 11 Motherly Loves to get granite then?
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by ambandil View Post
    That is not even a little bit of truth. Can not you understand that there are people who have "just" reward exo or titan. Only one possibility - trade system, but new event does not have this option. I dont want to play a game based only on the random generator.
    Last edited by Fibonaci; 11.03.13 at 14:33.

Reply to Thread