Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by EctoRune View Post
    Telling people to build useless buildings surely is bad advice. And saying I'm a drama queen is surely not far removed from calling me "poopoo head". I agree that working together is a good idea. I don't agree that this somehow exonerates Four Winds from the design issues it has.
    Considering you and the other designer professionals, this whole game is flawed, but yet, you all are playing it.

Keeping the above in mind, you will never be happy about the game, but don't blame us, the players who are still enjoying it, with your constant negativism and professional feedback. Keep that to the SUGGESTION forum.

Thank you.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by EctoRune View Post
    I really appreciate you explaining grade level maths to me like I'm an idiot. I know what a percentage is. I understand statistics - I just literally mentioned that this was more likely to be confirmation bias than any foul play on the part of the game.

Also, your "we hear about the outliers" spiel is correct, but completely irrelevant for my case. I myself experienced these 7 failures. I didn't hear about them from anyone else. Explaining to me that this isn't as unlikely to happen as I'd think because I'm more likely to hear about it when it happens is nonsense when it just happened to me.

Thanks for the lesson nonetheless. Maybe tomorrow you can teach me how to ride a bicycle.

This is pretty close to being the worst advice you could offer anyone playing TSO. Don't ever invest in anything because you might need it in the future. Even the most advanced buildings can be built in about an hour - there's no reason to prepare production chains, tying up building licenses in useless workyards.
    Ok let me try to explain this in really easy words.

This is a reaction on a forum. Forum is an old words, much older then you are. Even much older then your parents or your grandma! It comes from the old greeks, where a forum already had the meaning of a public space where everyone could exchange ideas. Not just the highly educated, the wealthy or the powerfull, nope everyone. Even you could have joined!

So now we know that is a forum. That means other people can read too, and they might like a little explanation of statistics. It is a difficult topic for lots of people, and there are also young people on this forum who havent learned about statistics at all.

If you want to adress someone in person, a forum is not a good place. You can use other ways of communication. Direct messages, or a phone. Yup yup, really.

Last thing: It's not really possible to tell before if other players are educated on the topic of statistics. Even if they're utterly brilliant, they still can struggle with topics really easy for much less brialliant people. So I had not really a way to tell EctoRune was in idiot (or not), but a picture is slowly developing.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Whizkeyjack View Post
    You're wrong here Bob. When you got drop rate, you will have luck. Combining the quest with luck and put a timer on it (that's still missing, I might add politely) it's the ultimate challenge we, bored people could get! And BB made is sure to be accessible to the other levels.

Some tips on how to stay positive :

- Play with friends
    - Invest in new things, even if those things are expensive. You will need them eventually.
    - You get a Guild and make a social thing out of it
    - Make use of the trade

Understand:

- This quest is a tad different
    - There is luck to this, but you need to think and plan the stuff. It's not easy.
    - YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE IT
    Wrong? No. I was exactly right. I don't know who you think you are giving advice to, but it's really sweet if you think it's me. That has made me chuckle. I'm sorry you don't understand how luck should have no part in a game or quest's critical path, but perhaps a friend can explain it to you sometime, since clearly you haven't understood it here, despite a lot of very basic explanation. Still, you seem happy, so that's fine. As the saying goes, ignorance is bliss.

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello!

No more bickering please, we've all seen enough.

Thank you,
    Sinister-King

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

How can someone know he should not do it if this whole brilliant quest line is based on luck? It seemed doable even at level 38 and without any fast general till i got tit ore fourth time from bandit nest.
    I am giving up now.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Goudsten View Post
    During the final attack I had one finger up my nostril and was standing on one leg humming the national anthem and I got granite, so you guys all know what to do.
    And this realy works! I had one finger in my nostrill and was singing "Deutschland uber alles" when clicking for adventure loot. It gave me granite, settlers and gold refill

BTW - is was 3rd try.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister-King View Post
    Hello!

No more bickering please, we've all seen enough.

Thank you,
    Sinister-King

Explain this to those who think they're in the SUGGESTION forums. I want to enjoy reading a good topic, and not be called ignorant cause I'm having fun with an on-line game.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ok, failed the Bandit's Nest ( got 1100 exotic wood, 1000 hw planks, 2*1600 horses, 500 beer and 300 coins). Well, i have 60 map fragments and no more Bandit's nest adventures, the price on market is asking 20-30 coins per map fragment or 8000 granite for Bandit's nest adventure, so no way for me to get another attempt on this quest.

(swear words skiped as per request of Sikister-King. Each can add their own versions at will)

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Whizkeyjack View Post
    You're wrong here Bob. When you got drop rate, you will have luck. Combining the quest with luck and put a timer on it (that's still missing, I might add politely) it's the ultimate challenge we, bored people could get! And BB made is sure to be accessible to the other levels.

Some tips on how to stay positive :

- Play with friends
    - Invest in new things, even if those things are expensive. You will need them eventually.
    - You get a Guild and make a social thing out of it
    - Make use of the trade

Understand:

- This quest is a tad different
    - There is luck to this, but you need to think and plan the stuff. It's not easy.
    Whizkey, we get it, we really do. You love this quest chain. For you there is nothing unfair in doing 11 Motherly Loves before you get granite, even though those adventures now cost upwards of 500gc on NFL. There is nothing frustrating and pointless about dropping 10k of granite on buildings that you neither want nor need, and don't really work to boot. We get it.

But insulting other players and acting like you're the one in the right and we should all shut up is getting you nowhere. I have less and less respect for your posts.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl View Post
    Whizkey, we get it, we really do. You love this quest chain. For you there is nothing unfair in doing 11 Motherly Loves before you get granite, even though those adventures now cost upwards of 500gc on NFL. There is nothing frustrating and pointless about dropping 10k of granite on buildings that you neither want nor need, and don't really work to boot. We get it.

But insulting other players and acting like you're the one in the right and we should all shut up is getting you nowhere. I have less and less respect for your posts.

I won't be sorry cause I got tons of friends and a proper guild where we help each other and have fun. It's not frustrating, you know, we play a game to enjoy and not to be in constant agony of paying too much for a building.

But I do respect people who do. But those people are not you guys.

I didn't insult anyone (if you referring to "drama queen", that's not an insult, it's a reaction), and I'm sorry to say, but I couldn't care less about you respecting my posts, no offense

So, again :

Work with your friends
    Work with your guild
    Find ways to complete the Four Winds without losing too much.

Given that we're on the same server I would be more than happy to help you! Just tell me what you need!

Reply to Thread