Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would like to thank BB too much fun. Today I finished the 4x Old Friends and the result is the loss of 1360 R, 260 Cav, 370 LB, 370 B, 80 S and granite anywhere. Only EW and saltpeter. Much fun.
    edit: 11.3. next old friends (5) - 2x slot EWs ... no comment .. 61% chance?
    edit2: Today, mission accomplished ... thankfully ...
    Last edited by PoDo; 12.03.13 at 11:40.

World
    Northisle
    Done the quest and completed it in a week like at lvl47, needed 2 swaps on SA for it (so a total of 4 SAs), rest were first timers.
    To the ones complaining about the titanium smelter and the damascene swordsmith.... errmm, there are other quests and sidequests doable after you build them each granting their own rewards (more or less satisfactory), so they aren`t built only for this questchain.
    The titanium smelter (produce 170 titanium bars) has another 2 quests in More units quest chain = own a titanium smelter and produce 400 titanium bars.
    The damascene swordsmith (produce 20 damascene swords) has 2 other too: own a damascene swordsmith and produce 300 damascene swords.

World
    Newfoundland
    well, I'm level 45, been trying to get granite off bandits nest, 4x and nowt, spent 6000 gold on getting the adventures, no map frags. pretty cheesed off now.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I'm done with this game. BB.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I see lots of pp bashing BB

Doing qwestchain is a choice!

No granite after after 10 or even 20 adventures is that news? You started qwestchain knowing the risks,buying a watermill and silo shall be cheaper for most people no1 said is was easy.

Building "useless" buildings? good way of loosing those titanores and ewl from all those granite lacking adventures.

You made a CHOICE by starting qwestchain dont come crying on forum if you fail

Its a game lighten up you made bad choice it happens,grow over it or go play a discgame with cheat option

yay for BB smileys

(happilly providing stocks,mapfrags and adventures for daring gmates)

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashius-Maximus View Post
    I think i'm done with this game..

Like anyone up-there cares but this last event shows nothing but contempt for the users. Difficult quests are enjoyable but ones that test patience by being repetitive and vastly resource consuming seem purely done to stimulate the economy to such an extent that it can only be done with real-world revenue creating in mind and not for the enjoyment of the players. Not to mention quests where the outlay dwarfs the reward.

Do the developers play the game? Do they know whats fun? Doing one quest over n over to use up map fragments and gold that's fun aint it? Do they think that forcing players to make hundreds of useless troops is a fun quest? or just one that consumes time and resources their database shows as under used?

I've never played an online game, and I've played many, where every event is ineptly thought out and so poorly rewarded. Where the Developers are so hands off they willfully ignore questions and problems behind a wall of indifference... and when they do accept some responsibility with a belated 'sorry gift' it's always buried behind statements of 'it was mostly user fault.. you didn't understand which is also your fault'.

I think i'm walking away now.. and that's after sticking around for a year of daily play.
    I agree with that. I'm done with this game.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    can you check the "10. Pay 1000 steel bars, get 600 granite loot from Surprise Attack (33% chance)." 33/% again?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    i enkpoyed it

It isnt perfect but better desigend than eotw was. 2 weeks maybe a bit short for some aspects

I hear/see lots of complaints about it being too costly. i sure don;t know how people are doing it

4 x bandits nests and u spent 6k coin to get em? U are to blame yourself for being in a rush, badly informed or lazy. The adventure is buyable for map fragments in the shop and with the price of fragments it will be 1k at most per adventure-

But if you quit over this questline you would have quit anyway over something else so shrug - enjoy the next experiment i'd say

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashius-Maximus View Post
    I think i'm done with this game..

Like anyone up-there cares but this last event shows nothing but contempt for the users. Difficult quests are enjoyable but ones that test patience by being repetitive and vastly resource consuming seem purely done to stimulate the economy to such an extent that it can only be done with real-world revenue creating in mind and not for the enjoyment of the players. Not to mention quests where the outlay dwarfs the reward.

Do the developers play the game? Do they know whats fun? Doing one quest over n over to use up map fragments and gold that's fun aint it? Do they think that forcing players to make hundreds of useless troops is a fun quest? or just one that consumes time and resources their database shows as under used?

I've never played an online game, and I've played many, where every event is ineptly thought out and so poorly rewarded. Where the Developers are so hands off they willfully ignore questions and problems behind a wall of indifference... and when they do accept some responsibility with a belated 'sorry gift' it's always buried behind statements of 'it was mostly user fault.. you didn't understand which is also your fault'.

I think i'm walking away now.. and that's after sticking around for a year of daily play.

Keep in mind, please, that there a lot more people who enjoy this quest that the ones that don't. Forums of course have the ones that don't, as you can see.

The game is still up and running, is successful many new guilds appear and recruiting, global channels are filled with chat, so the devs must be doing something good.

You obviously din't play too much of them. I mean starting from Evony up to Travian and most of the bigger names do the same things. They don't even have this much content, you're doing the same thing over and over again.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Whizkeyjack View Post
    Keep in mind, please, that there a lot more people who enjoy this quest that the ones that don't. Forums of course have the ones that don't, as you can see.
    source of this information?

Reply to Thread