Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest

World
    Sandycove
    you guys aint gonna like this bandit nest done first attempt old friends done first attempt , got me a watermill and 500 gems thoroughly enjoyed the quest chain thanks bb

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    (btw the chance of getting granite in OF is 44% and not 61% as it is written on the first page of this thread)
    It is actually 61% since you get two loot slots that both have a 37.5% chance to give granite. 1-(1-0.375)^2 = 0.61

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    After looking at this thread because my 4 scouts have failed to find 30 granite for the last week, Im really grateful to dialecticus for the complete list of payments you need to complete this rather silly chain. I shall now be abandoning it as i dont want to build the entirely useless damascene sword maker and titanium smelter at a cost of 7.5k granite just to get a few gems and a couple of buildings i can buy from trade a lot more cheaply.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    It is all about state of mind-

You don't need to buy adventures at inflated prices on the market- You can just buy fragments fro some and buy em in shop or play the adventures to get the follow up adventures. You have time if you just focus yourself a bit. I am playing WOTS for the OF adventure as i refuse to pay the 1k prices asked in TO and used MF for BN. Quest is still worth it for me, else i would have trashed it long time ago.

And now that the duration is 1 week longer, getting the follow up adventures yourself is really no problem anymore unless murphy and sod conspire against you.

Yes- if you want to run through the qustline in 4 days or so and end up buying everything for inflated prices etc you will get frustrated- but although the questline is not perfect and can be improved upon, it isnt that frustrating that it should cause people to quit over it- There is more at play than the questline when u quit- like other things you dont like and/or your own state of mind and actions re the questline

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilochus View Post
    It is actually 61% since you get two loot slots that both have a 37.5% chance to give granite. 1-(1-0.375)^2 = 0.61
    My bad - did not realize that the 8 kinds of loots are not equally probable to get.

World
    Newfoundland
    Dear BlueByte.
    What I would like to see is the statistics for this quest chain after the allotted time is up.
    It would be nice to see how many who started it and how may that canceled it during each step, and lastly how many who finished it.
    If possible divided into the different level.
    It would also be nice if all the players could get a short end report, summarizing your experience of this quest chain, and what your conclusion is for more quest chain(s) in the future.

Till I hear from you in this matter.

Yours

Nettopp_Naa
    Hall of Aasgard

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    As a Level 50 player i have no intention of doing Surprise attack three or more times to get my silo or watermill. I know one player in my guild who managed to get it done, but he wasn't and EOC yet. Most of our others didn't really bothered with it. Why should i waste 1500 or more mapfragments for 3 SA's which gives me bad loot and no XP when i can just do a bunch of Dark Priests or SFTR and sell the lootspots??

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    This Four Winds quest is build to force people to pay real money. It's ok, BB has to make money.

The difficulty of quest makes nonpaying people upset. But who cares, right?

Sad ... .

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I need less luck to win the lottery than get granite from Bandit Nest. I have started the 9th Bandit Nest today. Not for the loot, for the "fun" .

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I feel very different for the event than most posters here.

I would like to thank BB for this quest chain. For me it was very much fun and brought some variety to the game. Especially since the stuff I needed to do was different from the stuff usually done. The only concerns for me were the amount of luck involved and the chosen levels for my bracket 36-45. The difficulty level was okay for people like me on level 43 but the players near levels 36-39 are struggling especially if they are unlucky with Bandits Nest. Doing it is a major stress to their economy let alone buying the necessary map fragments or doing it multiple times. Same goes about old friends which has inflated in price. What's worse they are both solo adventures so they cannot cooperate or ask for help. Also if you are unlucky on any of the quests requesting specific resource it can jeoparize getting the chain done within time limit (not as big issue now when the event was extended).

So maybe next time you could:
    1) divide the 36-45 bracket in half around level 40.
    2) think carefully about the luck factor.

Reply to Thread