Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can understand that some people think that those of us that complain are only having a rant fest. May be as we are more vociferous in the forum.

I did as much as I could during the EotW event, after day 2 or 3, I felt like chucking it in. I did not voice this in forum or in chat. Instead I did as much as I could to help, so did many others that I know. I thought it was a loosing battle, but I continued, so did many others.

I absolutely love the idea of new events and new quest chains. I do not expect them to be easy, but I expect them to be achievable without purchasing gems. I have purchased gems, and will probably do so again at some point. However, many of the people that make this game worthwhile playing (in my opinion) do not purchase gems.

I started 7 explorers yesterday in the search for granite, 1 brought it back (I spent gems on shortening the search for 3 of my explorers). Not a great ratio...
    From experience, I know that the chance of granite in loot is far from guaranteed. For my quest I would need to do 2 adventures receiving granite. One of those adv is only available with 500mf, or using the surprise adv box (which is pot luck). I also need to get granite from Motherly Love. I've been doing Island of Pirates about twice a week since guild quest started, I have not had a ML in loot, yet.

Then there is the issue of the advanced weapons buildings... I have some of them, they can best be described as a waste of building licenses, granite, ewp and other resources. The way BB has designed the game, it is pointless having these buildings. I am complaining about it after playing for over a year and reaching level 50. It must be much harder for those at lvl 46. Please bear in mind that I have spent money on the game, and have no regrets in doing so.

I really, really do not think that I am complaining for the sake of it. The development of the game has meant that spending granite and ewp on building weapon chains are pointless, as you can get these weapons from trade or adv loot at a fraction of the production cost. This is comparable to having a longbowmaker for lower levels - pointless.

Granite drops are not guaranteed. The figures for granite drops that we quote all seem to come from German wiki - I have not found these to be accurate. Neither have I ever seen a post from BB actually telling us what the drop rates are. I - and many others, need to get a Secondary adventure from this quest. I need Motherly Love - which I have not had for a good few months from Pirates. Getting ML does not mean I get the granite... I might get lucky and have it done at 1st attempt, or I might need to do another 20. Even with barracks at lvl 5, I have no chance of making the troops in the allocated time.

I do not mind spending resources, I think I proved that in EotW where I donated a lot. However, I do expect to be given a realistic chance in completing a quest chain. I would not even mind if I had a "small" loss of resources, comparing what I put in to what I get out. I so like the idea of doing something different.

Yesterday I was annoyed... Today - calmed down a bit, and feel like: What did I expect. I just think it is sad that the game developers are so far removed from the game that people actually enjoy.

However - the developers are making the same quest chain for all game worlds. As has been discussed before, prices vary across game worlds. May be this quest chain works for some servers, if so - I wish those servers the best of luck.

If you decide that this quest chain is achievable for you- great I'm just a bit disappointed, again...

Blue

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    2 weeks

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
    *snip*
    As usual, a fair, rational post that I agree with 100%.

You held the entire server up during EOTW and we'll never forget all your help.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    ONLY 2 WEEKS? its impossible , this event SUCKS sorry to say that, but this is the truth

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    yeah, complain about that and maybe they will make more time available by delaying the easter event wich is faaar more better that this [ Censored ]

Please be careful with the words you use,
    peck_ed

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Still haven't found granite for first quest... this SUCKS BIG TIME...

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    got to lev 46 1 or 2 weeks ago now they hit me with this silly ridicoulus quests and i do own 5 gempits so thats not any problem but still ending cancelling whole quest after 1st one done would have taken me weeks to get granite to build d.swordsmaker

World
    Newfoundland
    Reward for 16-25 is 500 gems and 4 noble houses.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    No one has to do this quest chain, you may or may not do it, you have a chooise. This quest chain is a challenge, for those that like to take the challenge it will be a race against the clock, will we make it or not.

I do not think this quest chain is ment to be easy, and not ment for every one to be able to finish it.

I like this quest chain, thanks for the challenge BB

Cheers,
    Whisky

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    No one has to do this quest chain, you may or may not do it, you have a chooise. This quest chain is a challenge, for those that like to take the challenge it will be a race against the clock, will we make it or not.

I do not think this quest chain is ment to be easy, and not ment for every one to be able to finish it.

I like this quest chain, thanks for the challenge BB

Cheers,
    Whisky
    I have no choice. The thing won't even start. I've satisfied the conditions to pass 'Stage One', and the blasted thing just resets itself.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread