Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by brucekemp2010 View Post
    acquiring bandits nest quest!!, i have been playing for over a year and never found this mission yet doing daily searches.
    That's because bandit's nest can only be bought with map fragments

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    That's because bandit's nest can only be bought with map fragments
    Or found in the Mysterious Adventure Box.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post

One question I might pose to some of the players is "Are you ready for the next step?" in terms of when the big changes to come in, as much as we don't know when the level 50+ content is due, what I have noticed a lot of is people using Recruits still at high levels, as they're easy to produce with low cost and a fast build time. But what if you used higher level troops instead of Recs, if you look at it from a PvP point of view, taking 200 Crossbowmen or 200 Elites over with a General into a PvP area will reduce your travel time with force greatly, especially if your opponent is coming with 200 Recs each time!

I'm pretty sure that all high level players have crossbows and elites as well as recruits. The reason we're resistant to building the buildings involved in the quest is the fact that we don't need them. We win plenty of crossbows, damas and even cannons from adventures. More than enough for our needs. So why drop 10k granite on a chain of buildings we don't need?

If BB wants us to be doing for ourselves, they need to review the loot given in adventures. I can get 1k crossbows by losing 1 recruit. Is that really what they intended multi-player adventures to be? I think someone still has a vision for how they would like us to play, but I don't feel that vision was adequately woven into the game at its very roots, and now we've had over a year to get comfortable and find how we want to play. BB can't really come charging in and say "You're not supposed to do it this way!" and make changes based on that. Like trying to stop us from using blocks in adventures. The one thing about adventures that requires some kind of planning and strategy, and they want us to stop doing it! Just make the troops, kill the camps and go home. So I feel that both the loot and the combat system need to be redesigned if BB wants us to go down the route of being more self-sufficient.

If and when PvP is introduced, it will require everyone who wants to do it to change their current playing style. We know this, and we will adjust. But I personally resent being forced to do things, or to play in a certain way. I think BB understands this to a point, which is why PvP is going to be optional and will not involve our home islands.

Maybe what BB should be taking from the comments generated from this event is that those advanced buildings don't work right now with the game in its current format, and you cannot force players to use them, or bribe us into building them with a few gems. Make us need to build them, and you might be on to something.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl View Post
    I'm pretty sure that all high level players have crossbows and elites as well as recruits. The reason we're resistant to building the buildings involved in the quest is the fact that we don't need them. We win plenty of crossbows, damas and even cannons from adventures. More than enough for our needs. So why drop 10k granite on a chain of buildings we don't need?
    Okay, I will bite on this subject too.

The production time on 1 D.sword is 1h10 while the production time of an bronze sword is 6.5min. Also the cost of building and upgrading an BS maker to L5 is not enough to buy an single D.Sword maker.

Making 10 Dswords will cost you 40 titbars and 60 Steel bars. Not counting iron/steel production the cost for 10 dswords is equal to 80 titanium ore. Outlaws is the cheapest 1 player adventure that gives you titanium which is a paltry 400 ore, just enough to built 50 swords!!!! All the other adventures are way less cost effective. Assuming an L1 dsword-maker will take you about 11hours. so making enough for an army of 100 is about 1100hours .. 1.5 months playing!!!

So BB decided that we should have Dswords as the best weapons, make it impossible to built at a large scale and gave us an medicore improvement for making them.
    On the other hand doing an easy adventure like VTV will give us 300 swords which is roughly two weeks of production time. Yeah right. Basically if you base your weapon selection on production than you really can't afford to loose any elites. Even loosing an soldier will set you back many many hours production time. OTOH its no problem if you loose 1000 recruits as the needed weapons will be replaced in a couple of hours.. especially if you take into account the costs of the buildings which means you have a huge production capacity.

One guildmate decided to use militia instead of recruits as throwaway (bulk) troops. At the end he dropped out, as he wasn't able to keep up with the other players who used recruits..

Back to Four Winds. The last phase asks us to do Surprise Attack (500 mf) at least severall times.. Lets assume we get it in 2 times (both times swapped). This will cost us 1000 mf. You can get 9 mf per an 24h search (fast explorers) so you need 111 searches. Assuming 11 explorers, it just can be done in 10 days.. But before that you also need to get some granite from a long search, which reduced your number with at least 1 daysearch.. Ooops.. Without having an huge stock of mf its not possible to do so.. And what do we get?? 1 Silo, watermill and 500 gems. BB asks us to sacrifice WEEKS of production for something which is worth 10k coins??!!! Which L50 players can gain from their production in two weeks time alone!! Without the stress of having to have success and throwing away valueable granite in useless buildings.

Listen, i don't mind an resource sink (which is what this is) but I want something back. And I don't want to sink my valuable granite and mf just to get the chance of an Silo.. I wil keep building those wheatfields then, is less work then a lot of people think.
    Last edited by Mystic; 02.03.13 at 16:39.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Mystic, thank you for the very clear and concise post. Eagerly awaiting official comment on it.....

World
    Northisle
    I wouldn`t be able to add up more reasons not to do this questline than the people that already wrote before me.
    Yet I`m doing the questline just to see if I can do it (yes I know its expensive, but heck, I`m a crazy old dragon).

As a suggestion for future events, something to smooth your path BBs, if you do these quests like sinkholes, at least add up some intangible reward (if you keep offering unsatisfactory tangible ones).

Say something like: Ribbon of flying in the Four Winds.
    Design a medal with a ribbon and attach it to the people`s character in the forums or if possible in the game itself. Something that will visually separate the people that did that quest from the others.

A storyteller medal for people that win those story contests. And the list can go on.
    Doesn`t cost you a thing but adds something similar to a reward to people. Can`t trade it for gold but it will be a reason to play.
    Last edited by Polymer; 02.03.13 at 17:15.

bluebxx

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    if you look at it from a PvP point of view,
    The reason I'm still playing this game is because there is NO PVP...

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Currently I am level 45 and looks like I have to wait 2 weeks to complete the whole quest . In that time I would normally do several adventures and will be getting to level 46 with just over 17k exp to go. What will happen to the quest ? Will I be switched to the next level or continue with the lev 36 to 45 version?

World
    Newfoundland
    Making this quest line have 2 paths, a casual one and a hardcore(current) one with the hardcore giving a better reward would appease most people. Also, the level tier system is very difficult for people in the lower half. This really needed 5+ tiers or change the 16-25 to 16 to 30, 25-35 to 30-40, and the 35-45 to 40-47. Or even give people a choice of what tier they want to do for what reward. I would try the 25-35 one if given the option.

At 37 it just isn't possible for me to produce, train and lose 2000+ troops in 2 weeks, which doesn't even factor in the chance of not getting the loot, without spending all my gold and trading my soul or begging my guild for help.

Reply to Thread