Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Generals jumping forward and getting intercepted

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Another little update on the subject:

A bug fix is in progress, it will be tested on the test server first.

I do not have an exact date on when this fix will be implemented but we should have the information soon.

(I have moved this thread to Feedback for more clarity)

Best

BB_Dantesama
    Last edited by BB_Dantesama; 05.03.13 at 17:45.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Oh no, not the test server!

That'll be in the "NO BUG" section faster than a speeding bullet.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post
    Hello guys,

Like most of you know, blocking and locking are not supported by Blue byte. However, I can understand that this "feature" has become a tactic to many of you.

From the little information I was provided with, the devs have not taken the decision to remove this tactic.

It would seem the last game update affected this tactic but it wasn't intentional.

I will come back to you when I have a little more information on this subject.

BB_Dantesama
    It's not just the blocking that's affected, the whole games animation has gone this way. Can somebody please explain this to them, and stop obscuring the problem by focussing on an 'unsupported' aspect of the game.
    We love our new CM.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    It's not just the blocking that's affected, the whole games animation has gone this way. Can somebody please explain this to them, and stop obscuring the problem by focussing on an 'unsupported' aspect of the game.
    Nogbad,

We are not obscuring anything. We know that some game animations have problems.

Please be patient.

Thank you.

BB_Dantesama

I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

World
    Newfoundland
    Dante, unfortunately, the 1st line of yours I quoted in the post above appears to have become the stock answer for all forum admins. Although this 'tactic' is clearly the most noticeable effect of the last downgrade, I am merely pointing out that the blocking problem is just 1 manifestation of a greater problem, and knowing the Developers 'laissez-faire' attitude to blocking, constantly referring to this one aspect is not helping get the point across to them.
    No disrespect meant, but we have to look at the whole picture here, before another 'fix' is inflicted on us because of incorrect feedback. The same problem that is making blocking such a nightmare is also screwing up other parts of the game.
    We love our new CM.

World
    Newfoundland

Temporary fix

Set up your garrisons for the intended block. Send all generals at the selected intervals. I suggest you double and triple check the first two steps as you won't be able to go back if you're wrong. After sending the final general, immediately return to your home island and stay there until you receive the battle report. If you sell/give away a lootspot, ask them to make their kill and then return home so nobody is sitting on the adventure isle watching the animation.

It's all a bit 'if a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody to hear it, does it make a sound?' but seems that if nobody is watching the animation, it doesn't skip. After failing the final block on Surprise Attack twice (500 elites right there), I successfully completed it today using this method.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Watching my generals skipping along in Island of the Pirates earlier, was it my imagination, or do they only skip when passing through a red intercept zone? This can either be a 'blocked' camp, or the intended target...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post

Please be patient.

Thank you.

BB_Dantesama

BB_Dantesama I would be glad to be patient but without blocks it's difficult also to complete the Event Quest (in 2 weeks only!!). I hope it will be fixed very soon!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Dante, unfortunately, the 1st line of yours I quoted in the post above appears to have become the stock answer for all forum admins. Although this 'tactic' is clearly the most noticeable effect of the last downgrade, I am merely pointing out that the blocking problem is just 1 manifestation of a greater problem, and knowing the Developers 'laissez-faire' attitude to blocking, constantly referring to this one aspect is not helping get the point across to them.
    No disrespect meant, but we have to look at the whole picture here, before another 'fix' is inflicted on us because of incorrect feedback. The same problem that is making blocking such a nightmare is also screwing up other parts of the game.

Aye, I hear you Nogbad, we agree that "pushing" isn't the only issue.
    There are some greater issues of course.
    We provide all the feedback to the appropriate department and the devs investigate.
    I guarantee that there is research done before making any fixes.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sadly is it a bug, but I love it SO much. Makes running down an adventure way easier. Watch how the generals behave, and soon you will see the good trick in this bug.
    This is making blocking easier. If you know the game, and how to play it - you will love it too. (Using guides is not knowing.)

I will complain when the bug is fixed. he-he...

Reply to Thread