Reply to Thread

Thread: Provision house cancelling

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Provision house cancelling

Hi all, I dont know if this is a bug or a feature or if this has been previously reported...

If you queue up some stuff to be built (for instance, baskets) and then your stocks fill up, when you cancel the queued items in provision house and the resources necessary to build the item does not fir into the storehouse because the storage limit is reached, the excess dissapears. It does not go to your star menu like in a trade.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hey rooban, it'd be a good idea to contact Support about this issue, they should be able to help you
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I'm not convinced support would help. I think it's a feature, not a bug. Same happens with barracks, I believe.

World
    Newfoundland
    It's not supposed to be a feature. If you queue up and cancel, your resources should go to the star if there's not enough room in storage.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

World
    Sandycove
    I had the same problem today, I canceled 7 stacks of aunt irma's baskets to make some room for retired bandits, afterwards I should have been able to add those same 7 stacks of baskets again.
    But I could only add 5 stacks of baskets because I didn't have enough fish. My storage space is only 17100, and canceling 7 stacks of baskets frees 21000 fish I had 2000 fish in stock already, so I lost about 5900 fish. I'll be contacting support, but just wanted to mention it here too.

EDIT: forgot to mention it, but: No it's not in my star menu, not even after a few hours and after a relog
    Last edited by Fexno; 09.03.13 at 21:16. Reason: 7 stacks of baskets, not 7 baskets ;), not in startmenu

World
    Sandycove
    Hello Fexno,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch.

You have lost the fish because your stock was already full.
    Once production is canceled on the provision house, you will only receive the resources you have room for in the storehouse, all the remaining excess will be lost.
    The only time you will get the excess send to your star menu is when you buy them from the Trade Office.
    If you have any further questions please let us know.

Kind regards,

"The Settlers Online" Support Team
    So they confirmed it is intended behaviour. Strange, but it is the way it is. You would at least expect a warning message if resource will get lost when cancelling. I would have found it more logical if they were transferred to star menu.

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree. According to your reply from Support, this is not a bug, but it should be...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    As far as I can recall it's always done this, back before the new Trade system went live (back when 'stacks' of 400 were the common measure) anything we tried to add above the Storage limit vanished. This has changed for Trades but not for Prov or the Barracks, though it is odd there's a difference.

Also, Support's not entirely correct, it's not only when things are bought in the T.O., it works on any variation of Trade. The Barracks and Prov. are the exceptions.

Edit: Ahaha "New" Trade system I call it... last October even.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 14.03.13 at 02:32.

Reply to Thread