Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about gold production chain

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Question Question about gold production chain

Hi ppl. I have a lvl 5 gold mine thats sleeping atm and my question is should i build 1x smelter and 1x coinage and try to lvl them to minimize the cost should that be effective ? Or should i built more of everything ? Btw i intend to buff em with aunt's irma's buff. Thanx in advance and sorry for my english .

World
    Newfoundland
    Buff the whole chain, including the gold mine. A 300 deposit constantly buffed will give you 600 ore. Be sure to sleep them all when not buffed. You should also build 2 smelters for each coinage.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

World
    Newfoundland
    Building more lower levels is normally cheaper than having to upgrade them to higher levels, however you'll be up against building licences. Also you'll need to increase the amount of buffs you're having to apply. Might I suggest a balance of 2 Gold Smelters to 1 Coinage, that way you only need to buff your Coinage rather than the Gold Smelters, then if you run short on Gold Ore you can hopefully have some Gold Bars spare from having buffed your Smelters
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    I see running smelters unbuffed as a very bad idea. If you for some reason should run low on gold bars (which should not happen if you run the whole chain buffed) then you can just pause the coinage for a day to build up some stock. One smelter per coinage has worked fine for me. An unbuffed gold smelter would be a HUGE waste, as the buffed output is worth multiple times more than the cost of a buff. Even at lv1 a swapped irma will give around 40 gold bars (worth 15gc, whereas a basket 5gc). Upgrade to lv2 or even lv3 aren't too costly in terms of benefit of saving licenses and making buffs efficient. Having a lv5 coinage allows for some sweet profit from 3x buffs, but the cost of upping a coinage to lv5 makes a heavy negative impact on your short term economy.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    thanx for the advice , ill go for 2x smelters and 1x coinage , try to lvl them as much as i can, then start the production , all buildings would be buffed ofc. Thanx again fot the quick reply.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Unless you buff all lines in the production chain with x3 buffs its more economical to just sell the ore. Atleast in newfoundland.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I see Gold Deposit for sale at about 400gc for 500 deposit (or about 0.8 gc / deposit).
    I see Gold Ore for sale at about 330gc for 1000 ore (or about 0.3 gc / ore).

Therefore an input of 0.8 gc materials yields an output of 0.3gc of materials.
    At 2x buff it would yield 0.6gc of materials.
    At 3x buff it would yield 0.9gc of materials.

Only at 3x would it seem profitable, but once you subtract the cost of the buff (3x buffs are not cheap), you would yield negative profit.

Am I missing something, or does it make more sense to sell the Gold Deposit refills and just buy Gold Ore off the market (or at least, never use a refill on your gold mine).

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    With your gold chain buffed, you only need 1 smelter per coinage.

And I would pay closer to 325gc for a 500 refill.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I decided to hijack this thread rather than post a new one, because my question is still about gold production chain.

One gold ore produces one gold bar, and one gold bar produces one gold coin.

In an unbuffed chain, the input is one gold ore, and the output is one gold coin.

Assuming I'm buying gold ore from other players, I only need to buff my smelter and coinage. So in this case:
    One gold ore gets converted to two bars, and then these two bars get converted to four coins.

So in a buffed chain, I'm getting four coins for each gold ore spent rather than one - is this math correct?

But I bought 500 ore last night, and by the time it finishes, I don't have 2000 gold coins. I have much less. Where did the rest of it go??

I'm buying gold ore by paying gold coins, and I don't "feel" my gold coin stocks rising. I just wonder if buying gold ore by paying gold coins is better, or should I just dig up my own ores. Can somebody comment on how they're doing it?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The math is a bit off I'm afraid.

Unbuffed: "This production is NOT recommended for any players."

2 Ore (+8 Coal) = 1 Gold (bar)
    4 Gold (bars) = 1 Coin

If you mine your own Ore and keep everything buffed constantly when it's running 1 Ore = 1 Coin, if you buy the Ore it's 2 Ore per Coin. (Using x2 buffs like Irma's)

This runs the numbers nicely: Want to maximize your gold production Read this!
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 01.09.13 at 20:32.

Reply to Thread