Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trustee function

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

Trustee function

Ok, so you made some friends in the game, and probably guildies too.

I'd like to take it 1 step further, and add trustee's.

Those that you add as trustees would get a limited acess to build on your island, but only buildings that depletes.
    (fields, wells, mines)
    Along with this, the ability to use your geologists. (can't build new mines unless you found new deposits)

This way you could have someone (or a few people) help you out with your massive island when you can't do things yourself.

So why? It's simple. Most of us either work or go to school. We got a life outside the computer. Yet we need to spend hours daily on rebuilding.
    (myself I'm up to about 2h a day in average) Meanwhile we have friends that sit bored and having nothing to do but wait.

This way, you can get some of the things done on your land, and the person being bored gets something to do, a win win situation.

Don't think it would be that hard to implement from a programming view, and players would really benefit from it.

Just my humble opinion anyway.. MsMacbeth

Glorious Graduate Aerys_TarGaryen's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMacbeth View Post
    Ok, so you made some friends in the game, and probably guildies too.

I'd like to take it 1 step further, and add trustee's.

Those that you add as trustees would get a limited acess to build on your island, but only buildings that depletes.
    (fields, wells, mines)
    Along with this, the ability to use your geologists. (can't build new mines unless you found new deposits)

This way you could have someone (or a few people) help you out with your massive island when you can't do things yourself.

So why? It's simple. Most of us either work or go to school. We got a life outside the computer. Yet we need to spend hours daily on rebuilding.
    (myself I'm up to about 2h a day in average) Meanwhile we have friends that sit bored and having nothing to do but wait.

This way, you can get some of the things done on your land, and the person being bored gets something to do, a win win situation.

Don't think it would be that hard to implement from a programming view, and players would really benefit from it.

Just my humble opinion anyway.. MsMacbeth
    i concur

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    An excellent suggestion.
    Whether it be called trustee, co-manager or something else, it would be nice to be able to assign someone to look after your island if you're going to be away for some time - or as said by MsMacbeth, if you simply don't have a lot of spare time.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    brilliant idea, better than sharing account details with somebody and risking all sorts of problems

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    +1

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree as well. Plonka's method is probably against the rules in any case, and this would allow supported vacation aid (a plus for BB, I would think, as someone would be more likely to continue to play (and then spend money) than having to shut off for a vacation).

World
    Sandycove
    Trully nice idea MsMacbeth.... things can go easier that way...

Allternative...? We can have account sitting on the game! Can help in a lot of situation... when someone is off, for 5-10 days, guilds can complete more easier theis guild quests this way, and so on.

Also, game should have and a vacation mode. I know game is auto-paused after 24 hours, but this 24 hours goes 72 if someone buffs you. Into this 72 hours you may lose your fields, wells, deposits, mines and so on. You have to pause everything, one by one manually....? A simple button will be fine... Auto-pause everything, vacation mode, bye.... I am going holidays

Not this...? OK, give my account for sitting, easy enough too...

Not even this...? At least some trustees, to come and build on my island some fields, wells, and ofcourse the mines...

Easy tips, to make our lifes easier here.... and to help people with no much time to spend in the game anyway
    At the end.... everything is going to be OK...
    If it's not OK... it's not yet the end...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggarth View Post

Allternative...? We can have account sitting on the game! Can help in a lot of situation... when someone is off, for 5-10 days, guilds can complete more easier theis guild quests this way, and so on.

Also, game should have and a vacation mode. I know game is auto-paused after 24 hours, but this 24 hours goes 72 if someone buffs you. Into this 72 hours you may lose your fields, wells, deposits, mines and so on. You have to pause everything, one by one manually....? A simple button will be fine... Auto-pause everything, vacation mode, bye.... I am going holidays

Not even this...? At least some trustees, to come and build on my island some fields, wells, and ofcourse the mines...

Easy tips, to make our lifes easier here.... and to help people with no much time to spend in the game anyway

+1 i great idea

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggarth View Post

I would prefer an auto-pause vacation function, from the point of view that I'm not too keen on people sitting my account for me. It would be useful if vacation mode also took you out of guild quests so that guilds don't suffer if several people happen to be away at the same time.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Just 24 hours away from the game can mean ALL wheatfields, mines and many wells are depleted during that time, along with a lot of our deposits for fish and meat. Some of my friends islands are like this and production only stops if no-one buffs or stock is full.
    Vacation mode, friend assist in rebuilding, or something similar would be a nice addition so they can avoid the routine of chores when they return.

Reply to Thread