Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BB Q and A

World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb BB Q and A

So, with the latest update the levels of outrage on the EU servers are reaching critical levels once again. Even after showing us that they are listening to us (in some regards), the general feeling is that BB completely disregard us, the players. Even our CM doesn't seem to be getting much info from them.

So I propose that BB hold a Q and A with us. An actual developer will come online and answer our questions. Either we can mail them in and they can record a video, or hold a webchat, or use Twitter, or even just post a list of answers on the forums. I propose that this is done game wide, so everyone can get a chance to have their questions answered. I cannot think of a way to stop BB from cherry picking only the questions that they want to answer, but I would hope they would use it as an opportunity to address those sticky issues between them and us.

At the most basic level, there needs to be much better communication between BB and its player base. This is just one idea of how that can be achieved and I'm sure my fellow Settlers will have further suggestions.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I really think BB would listen more carefully if the complaining people would :

- Not invade EVERY new forum with their negative attitude and go completely off-topic.
    - Use normal language, without swearing and threatening.
    - Understand that repetitive Wall Of Text does not work anymore
    - Understand that TSO has a huge player base all with their own complaints
    - Understand that EVERY online mmo has the same issues, and not only TSO.
    - Understand that new content only comes when there's a HIGH demand for it and not online 50-100 people on the forum who happen to be hard-core and get bored quickly ( no seriously, I play for one year and I still find new things to do )
    - Understand that servers are opened because there's a high demand, and running so many servers is a hard job
    - Understand that this TSO is made by HUMANS and not SUPER ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE units.

But of course +1000 to the Q and A, I think that's a GREAT idea!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Understand that when I pay for something I expect it to work?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Whizkeyjack View Post
    I really think BB would listen more carefully if the complaining people would :

- Not invade EVERY new forum with their negative attitude and go completely off-topic.
    - Use normal language, without swearing and threatening.
    - Understand that repetitive Wall Of Text does not work anymore
    - Understand that TSO has a huge player base all with their own complaints
    - Understand that EVERY online mmo has the same issues, and not only TSO.
    - Understand that new content only comes when there's a HIGH demand for it and not online 50-100 people on the forum who happen to be hard-core and get bored quickly ( no seriously, I play for one year and I still find new things to do )
    - Understand that servers are opened because there's a high demand, and running so many servers is a hard job
    - Understand that this TSO is made by HUMANS and not SUPER ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE units.

But of course +1000 to the Q and A, I think that's a GREAT idea!
    When their attitude seems to be 'If you don't like it, you don't have to play' you can hardly blame the players for reacting in the ways you listed.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Then what you are saying here is that we're experiencing Catch 22?

If that's your attitude, why try? It's like giving up.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    By the way the "'If you don't like it, you don't have to play'" is true for EVERY single MMO out there. It's not intentional, but it's true. Sadly.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Hello guys,

The idea of a Q&A has been in the talks for a while.

It is a great idea and we still plan on doing this so very soon. Unfortunately, we do not have an official date but I will keep you informed when it is available to me.

I think Icegirl's initiative is admirable but please remain on topic and avoid any useless trolling or bashing, it's not constructive.

Best

BB_Dantesama

I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Oh that would be awesome! It's really an easy way to answer a lot of questions.

Dont let excuses hold you back. Of course you can't answer all questions, a selection is always a bit random, and yes with worldwide servers it's always night somewhere and some answers will be "not sure, have to be decided". All true, but it's more important to get moving and just do what you can.

I'll be there clapping and cheering, hope to see the Q&A soon

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl View Post
    So, with the latest update the levels of outrage on the EU servers are reaching critical levels once again. Even after showing us that they are listening to us (in some regards), the general feeling is that BB completely disregard us, the players. Even our CM doesn't seem to be getting much info from them.

So I propose that BB hold a Q and A with us. An actual developer will come online and answer our questions. Either we can mail them in and they can record a video, or hold a webchat, or use Twitter, or even just post a list of answers on the forums. I propose that this is done game wide, so everyone can get a chance to have their questions answered. I cannot think of a way to stop BB from cherry picking only the questions that they want to answer, but I would hope they would use it as an opportunity to address those sticky issues between them and us.

At the most basic level, there needs to be much better communication between BB and its player base. This is just one idea of how that can be achieved and I'm sure my fellow Settlers will have further suggestions.
    They have something similar on US server but us in EU zone are poor so they don't pay attention to us.
    Just have a look at US server page, lots of polls, competition, dev. diary and so on. Nothing like that on our page. Just plain simple news and nothing exciting. It's like they knew how to get peoples attention and keep them busy while waiting for another update. On EU server they can't even post proper link to dev diary just simple link to forum and then I have to search through spam topics. When I think about that I don't even recall any ;o
    Last edited by K0sh1; 05.03.13 at 21:26.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by K0sh1 View Post
    They have something similar on US server but us in EU zone are poor so they don't pay attention to us.
    Just have a look at US server page, lots of polls, competition, dev. diary and so on. Nothing like that on our page. Just plain simple news and nothing exciting. It's like they knew how to get peoples attention and keep them busy while waiting for another update. On EU server they can't even post proper link to dev diary just simple link to forum and then I have to search through spam topics. When I think about that I don't even recall any ;o
    That is common to all 'single language' servers I've played upon, the chat almost runs itself, it is so much easier to moderate, that people have the time to run games in the chat, and BB give some quite tasty gifts on certain days of the year as a celebration, which for some reason, they don't think that this 'melting pot' could ever have an agreed festive occasion,
    It really does feel like we are the dumping ground at times, having to carry problems that none of the other regions have to cope with.
    Wouldn't it be nice to have an "English" server, easy to moderate with only 2-3 channels at most (including trade), less server load providing 24 chat channels, and we could have an agreed list of "festive days", where BB could bestow generous gifts like they do elsewhere.
    I think we've earned one.

But returning to the original topic, that kind of feedback session would be ideal, if it's done properly. Here preferably, as unlike twitter, we can use more than 14 characters in a post.
    It really depends who gets put up for it though, recent experience on the test server shows just how wrong this can go if the wrong person is picked for the job.
    Anybody remember the Agora?
    Last edited by Nogbad; 06.03.13 at 01:31.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread