Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Digital Version!

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hmm, kind of welcome, but almost a year after we asked for the Starter packs to be released this way, instead it's the inferior pack, and we are still denied access to the Premium edition. Considering the lower overheads involved, I too cannot understand pricing it the same as the 'hard copy', especially as this is nowhere near the 'value for money' that its two siblings provide(d). Please BB, if you do nothing else, at least read the many reviews on Amazon's UK, French and German sites.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Newfoundland
    well, it is finally available, but still don't see a way I can buy it. I am in the states and the UBI shop for the US doesn't have it available...and I can't seem to find a way to get to the "right" shop that might have it so I can buy it. Same old problem for me (at least).

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    can we have nords 2 the 1 player in the gem shop for gems or whatever and made tradable please thanks

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Man1123 View Post
    well, it is finally available, but still don't see a way I can buy it. I am in the states and the UBI shop for the US doesn't have it available...and I can't seem to find a way to get to the "right" shop that might have it so I can buy it. Same old problem for me (at least).
    Link from UK page went nowhere in particular, but the French site's link did take me to the UK version's page, only problem being, it wasn't available, only the cd version was.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    the usual stupidity with regional shops- every country ubishop can decide if they carry the title or not- most don;t or carry a version for another region.

It is as if they dont want to make money at times. Dunno what the issue is for a global sale or global shop for degital downloads- - no shipping involved etc.

Any non ubisoft business carry the title so people can actually buy this monster?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Anyway- - i still dont see why there is no possibility to trade/buy vouchers so people can gift gems without gifting away free/quest gems. This would enhance gem sales a LOT more than the digital downloads- which were mainly requested for easy availability of the OLD and useful started pack with the multiple gem vouchers

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Hi. This new digital version shows how much UBI/BB has to learn in terms of customer care. Btw, I really cannot understand why this game won Best Community Relations in MMO of the 2013 (based on experience from my country). But back to the topic: in my country I may buy the special edition box (with the 2xNords2 Adventure, 4k gems and a whole bunch of useless stuff) in shop.Ubi for 179 (my currency). I bought the special edition box in an Internet store for 129 and now it's available for less than 100 (but in shop.ubi it's still priced at 179). Is this price policy fair? Well... Happy hunting, Ubi.

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm not sure Ubi control the pricing for internet sellers, normally (with most games) they will be able to list a retail price and then sell at the price they wish, it'd be very hard for Ubi to tell retail and online retail sellers they have to sell at a certain price.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Just to add my two-cents here, my general opinion is that this (be it physical or digital) is not what I would purchase. Reasons:

4000 gems (in-game currency) to use as you want: enhance the production rate of your buildings and factories or share them with your friends and see your neighbourhood expand!
    As has already been pointed out by many others in this thread, you can get 4000 gems for £9.99 during a Happy-Hour sale. Nope, not sold so far.

‘The Nords’ adventure: embark on a one-shot high-risk, high-reward adventure!
    One-shot? Big deal ... so if I want to play it again I have to buy another pack? Nah, I'll pass thanks.

Exclusive tactical maps to help you lead your troops into battle in the best way possible!
    Granted, I haven't seen what BB have provided in this pack but aren't these already available in the forums, courtesy of the much appreciated hard work of other players?

A troop buff, to halve recruitment time for your troops!
    Sorry, still not sold. More than happy to let my Barracks chug through at it's own pace. Even if I get desperate enough to need one of these, I can get one from the gem-store or via Trade.

Extra resources to help you build strong foundations for your empire
    OK for new players, I guess but completely pointless & next to useless to anyone past a certain point. How many established players have their stone/plank production ramped down to an absolute minimum? I don't want/need stone or planks, I want/need coins, exotic wood & granite.

Edit: And as has been pointed out by others in this very thread ... the physical pack can be obtained more cheaply from retailers/e-tailers than the Digital equivalent. Just my personal opinion but it hilights that making a profit is more appealing than being seen to be protecting the enviroment from unwanted packaging/plastics ... in this day & age that, to me, is unforgivable.

Sorry, BB/Ubi but to quote my old school reports: "Could do better ... "
    Last edited by BiggusBellius; 06.03.13 at 15:17.

World
    Newfoundland
    Trying again. Apparently BB/mods don't want 'bad words' even though my critic was constructive.
    This pack is definitely not worth the money.

Instead, buy 4800 gems for the same price - buy 5-6 nobles, sell those nobles for gold coins and you can buy The Nords, Troop Buff (Militiary buff?) and the resources for the GC and still have more gems over than you'd have if you bought the pack.

4800 - 570 = 4230

You can pretty much save 2-300 gems buying gems directly from the shop instead of this pack.
    Last edited by Nihilista; 07.03.13 at 03:52.

Reply to Thread