Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Feedback] Digital Version!

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree with many of the posts here, while everyone wants more for less what we are being offered compared to the old starter pack is less for more.
    Silo and battle-hardened generals are still missing too.
    If the price is low enough there will be more sales.
    Fixing all the problems with the game should be the first priority though.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    The boxed version makes sense from a marketing point of view. It gets 'shelf space', and can therefore draw in new players.

The 'digital' version does not make too much sense as most likely people who see it will be players already, or people who will just go straight to the website and logon for free. But it does act as a bit of advertising, and may be of some interest to those who do not have any idea of what is going on in the game (how gems work or gem sales).

Neither version makes sense to actual players. We already can determine their value, and we already know about gem sales, and we read the forums to see the feedback on this.

So think of it as not intended for 'us', but only intended for people who do not know about the game. These new players may be a bit upset to find out that they did not get a good deal on the 'box', but hopefully not so upset that they leave.

But getting new players (and revenue) is a good thing for the game and will help us all in the end.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I agree with many of the posts here, while everyone wants more for less what we are being offered compared to the old starter pack is less for more.
    Silo and battle-hardened generals are still missing too.
    If the price is low enough there will be more sales.
    Fixing all the problems with the game should be the first priority though.
    This has nothing to do with the game or game development really- this is a marketing/sales department issue- like how to increase gem sales and hence income for the game. Coding for it is also no issue for development. The code generating software is already there as is the technique for turning it into vouchers to be sent to people- digital vouchers might be a new thing for TSO but hardly new to the industry or ubisoft

I rather have em sell vouchers instead of starter packs though- or use some development time to get a safe transaction set up for vouchers/storebought gems- maybe a tradable version of the gems called diamonds which can only be bought in the shop- be tradable in TO/direct trades and then get converted to gems in the provision house (with 10 second or 1 minute transition time) and so boost gem sales/game income to keep it going and make it more attractive to invest in new development paths/levels

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    can BB please make nords 2 available in gem shop and tradable on my server? i have been told its on another server, cant see why we are left behind? the pack is a rip off the only reason ppl would buy the pack is to mainly to get 4000 gems and the new nords like others have said u can pick the other stuff up for next to nothing even for a new player wouldn't be hard to get, u would have done better to just add nords 2 and increase the starter pack 2500 gems to 4000 gems then more likely to sell alot more and less bad feedback i mean lets face it doesn't make much difference to you apart from more money

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by imyourmum View Post
    can BB please make nords 2 available in gem shop and tradable on my server? i have been told its on another server, cant see why we are left behind? the pack is a rip off the only reason ppl would buy the pack is to mainly to get 4000 gems and the new nords like others have said u can pick the other stuff up for next to nothing even for a new player wouldn't be hard to get, u would have done better to just add nords 2 and increase the starter pack 2500 gems to 4000 gems then more likely to sell alot more and less bad feedback i mean lets face it doesn't make much difference to you apart from more money
    +1

Reply to Thread