Closed Thread

Thread: blocks not working

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Post blocks not working

is anyone else having problems with blocks failing? using Killst adv guides and now had 3 blocks fail in three different adv's. just lost major cavalry on outlaws northern block,2 blocking generals made it but the 3rd got intercepted by 2nd camp that was under attack,then attacking general got intercepted by the 3rd unblocked camp. done this adv quite a few times with no trouble at all and other guild members are having the same trouble. has BB changed the set up without telling us?

World
    Newfoundland
    This is due to the jumping general phenomena. I've found the best way around it is to check, double check and triple check your garrison settings and destinations, send them all, keeping to any timing involved in the guide, then immediately return to your home island while the attack takes place. I'm not guaranteeing this will work 100% but I haven't lost any battles since I started doing it. Except once. But that was my own fault.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

World
    Newfoundland
    Hey richvette, please check this post and thread regarding the issue
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Yeah lost too on outlaws and pirates. [ Censored ]

Please be careful with the words used,
    peck_ed
    Last edited by peck_ed; 08.03.13 at 23:13.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    some guides give the wrong amount of troops to send on the blocks so they fail. Vargus on horseback blocks always fails cause the guide only sends 1 recruit on the blocks yet all the other gen guides use 56 soldiers for the blocks. As a result the blocks will die before vargus gets in his fight with the leader and gets distracted. Best option is to check the guides for the other gens to see what they use on blocks and use them if the guide ur using fails on blocks. I use the EU.com guides as they r easier to understand then the kilste guides. But im finding a lot of the vargus guides send the wrong troops on the blocks. Hence they fail.

World
    Sandycove
    I use the Wiki guides mostly and I've never had a block fail unless it was my error with either position or a wrong troop load. There is a timing in between sends (let the drum roll finish on the first before sending the 2nd in almost all adventures) and there shouldn't be any problem. I can't speak for any other guides. I've never heard of the 'jumping general' before but if you mean that sometimes the general pauses and then super-zooms to catch up it doesn't matter.... remember that the battle takes place on the server and has nothing to do with what you see on the screen.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Those blocks with 1r are a different sort of block, they are a suicidal block. The intention is that the camp is only blocked while your attacking gen is in the block camps agro zone.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thread closed. Please don't necro old threads.

Closed Thread