Reply to Thread

Thread: Farms, Whetafields, Water and mines

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Farms, Whetafields, Water and mines

Hi,

in my opinion Farms, wheatfields, water and mines are ruining the game:
    First, a large amount of farms is needed, till now ( I am still lvl 38) I have approx 80 farms and 100 wheatfield.
    my farms are still lvl 3 !!! and I cannot stop building wheatfields, as long as i am online i have to build 1 wheatfiled each 10 minutes !!!
    and the major problem is that if i log on after 10 hours i will have to rebuild all the fields which needs at least 1 hour.
    same issue with water, you will have to build a large amount of wells.
    I think the water is not a very big problem you can buy some watermills which can do the job but for the farms it is not affordable, either you will keep building the wheatfields or you purchase 100 Silo !!!
    So i suggest to increase the amount produced from the farms (100 farms is too much ) or increase the amount available in each wheatfield (400 is too low) or maybe increase the productivity of the silos, each silo should be able to refill 3 fields not just 1 .
    same problem with mines, you will have to search and rebuild mines each day (with lvl 2 or 3 mines)

So after all, the game is driving me crazy, i have to pass 2 hours each day just to refill and rebuild the exhausted resources.
    i wish BB will take my feedback in consideration

World
    Newfoundland
    It's not resource management, farms, wheat fields, wells or mines that is ruining the game. It's people with too high expectations.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    What the game needs is a good suggestion for improving these flaws (chores are not fun tasks), like farms being upgradeable to level 10 with built-in wheatfields for example. While that would make silos redundant - they could redesign them too so they are still an advantage.
    Perhaps a future update will let the players know which mines and how many have depleted, also for stone and marble deposits.

People stop playing because they don't want to log on each day and spend ages just rebuilding their depleted items, at great expense of time sending geologists and 1 min per wheatfield or well. If Blue-Byte can find a solution for this then a lot less people will leave this game.

Another problem is adventures but that's another topic.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    You can build only 10 farms and buy only 10 silo to have an easier time. The problem is you're going too fast without the infrastructure to support it. I'm level 42 and i only have 40 farms. I'd rather walk slow and steady than run too fast and be exhausted.

The solution is there: Silo and watermill. They're not that expensive.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamois View Post
    You can build only 10 farms and buy only 10 silo to have an easier time. The problem is you're going too fast without the infrastructure to support it. I'm level 42 and i only have 40 farms. I'd rather walk slow and steady than run too fast and be exhausted.

The solution is there: Silo and watermill. They're not that expensive.
    All to true

Anyway- without timesinks and goals- what does that leave you in the game?- One button press a day and all chores get done?

Instead of complaining about the speedbumps- work to better the situation and save up and buy watermills and silos- either with gems or in the in game marketplace. Both will provide you plenty for all your needs and many have gone that route already.

So no need to simplify game and take stuff away in this case- it serves 2 important purposes
    a) A goal for people to aim at, like being self sufficient on water/wheat without rebuilding or similar goals
    b) Incentive for people to buy gems and use em to get silos and watermills and help finance the game for all the non or lesser paying players

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    in 1 year of gaming i collected 25 silos and 50 watermills so no ore rebiulding for me

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Your 80 level 3 farms are equivalent to 48 level 5 farms. Start working on getting silos, and make them level 5's.
    Sure, 48 will take a while, but this game is pretty much entirely about long term goals.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Can't understand why you need so many farms. I have about 25 (level 3 or 4) with 50 wheatfields. Only have 1 silo.
    It's a chore to have to rebuild, but what can you expect for a free (if you want it to be) game. I have 2 level 4 recyclers, so only have 1 coal mine (and all the output from that I use for trading). I aim to get more silos and watermills to remove the need for renewing all my fields and wells, but with some planning and a few hours each evening, I usually manage to rebuild and discover everything on my map.
    As others say, slow down and lower your expectations.

Reply to Thread