Reply to Thread

Thread: Noble residence upgrade

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Question Noble residence upgrade

I am looking other players islands and no one upgrade Noble residence to lvl 4.

Why is that?

Is that something forbidden to upgrade?

Please can someone from development answer this question?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    It's not forbidden, it's just not cost effective for a very long time. If ever. An upgrade to level 4 is 1,000 GC + 600 Marble: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...oble-Residence

World
    Newfoundland
    Depends on how much space you have that is the thing, if you have ample room for more nobles but if not upgrade.

I have both lvl 4 and 5 but that is because i am running short of space, and if pvp is ever introduced i would want a large army. Plus having a large army allows me to do more adventures, quicker because i can carry more troops.

I have 120 nobles if all were to lvl 5 that gives me a pop of 8400, if all were to lvl 3 that gives me a pop of 6k to have the additional 2.4k i would need 48 (all kept at lvl 3) which wouldn't happen as i don't have the space.

As with many things in TSO it depends on where you are in the game (e.g not upgrading too early on)

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Most of my nobles are lvl 3, I believe only 2 of roughly 100 are lvl 4. As Iolanthe said, it's pricy to upgrade them, which is why I've stopped for now.

When all my production buildings are fully upgraded, and I have extra gold to spend, I'll continue upgrading them. They WILL become lvl 5, it's simply that other stuff have higher priority. There's no rush, my settler limit is high enough for now.

Btw, lvl 4 to 5:

100 nobles = 100k exotic wood planks + 60k granite

Ouch...
    Last edited by Rafnir; 11.03.13 at 22:07.

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I have 92 Noble Residences. 91 are at Lv 3, 1 is at Lv 4.

For me, it's simply the 1k gc cost of upgrading that's preventing me from upgrading them all. 91k gc is a lot to find!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    All of my nobles are L5. Why? It saves me space on the island. When those sea nobles get in, i will upgrade them too L5 also, just out of principle. Its the same reason i got my Watermills at L5 too.. I know it will never pay back, but it saves me an settler every time I upgrade it.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    As long as your island has free space, it's cheaper to buy another 2 nobles and upgrade them to lv3 than to upgrade an existing one from lv3 to lv4.

So, there goes your answer - you must be VERY late in the endgame to make a use of lv4 nobles.
    You should have an army of around 6000 units before it becomes a point to consider.

Reply to Thread