Reply to Thread

Thread: Some things I could use tips for

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Some things I could use tips for

Hiya,

I have been playing this game for quite some time now, off and on I must add, and so far its all fun and going...well, not too bad.

I am more a slow-pace player, I try to keep all the resources flowing and do an quest every now and then. I actually dont have friends (I mean in game lol) so it's kinda hard to track how others are doing, and how.

I am lvl 37 now and I still feel like a 'noob' with a lot of things. Here's some:

Building slots - I dont know how to obtain them other than spending a truckload of gems on it. Are there any specific things like quests etc whwere you can obtain more building slots? I currently have 160 licences at lvl 37, is this average or way low?

Explorer - What do you folks let them look for? Is it better to let them look for treasure more or maybe go for mapfragments more etc?

Stock - I currently have a stock limit of 25,100 , is this fairly average?

Then just a little curiosity - I always have about 1500 - 2000 gold, I do spend gold on upgrading buildings, but I never want it to drop below 1200 or so - I dont know why lol. Do you all spend all your gold or also keep a buffer?

Cheers in advance.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Just my opinions,
    Most slots will come from gems. You could focus on saving up all of your gems for each week to spend on the +10 slots, which I think is quite worthwhile.

For explorers, I'm focussing on adventures. Treasure seems to come back with rubbish too often, and quests are either useful for you now/later, or, sell, some for quite a nice bundle.

Stock is up to you really, if 25100 is enough, then that's fine. But for that amount I'm guessing your storehouses are level 3's? Your storage jumps quite significantly by bumping some up to level 5, and they're really not all that expensive to upgrade. I've made most of mine to level 5, I'm level 34, and have 129,600 storage, mostly for the heck of it.

Skilled Student Harald_Villraade's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Licenses are by far the most efficient way to spend your gems until you´ve used up most of the space on your island, so save your precious gems for that. Most gem buildings can be traded with in-game resources or earned in events, giving you another choice for how to spend your gold (you´ll quickly find noble residences on your wish list, a good investment compared to many upgrades).

Explorers are another good investment, paying for themselves much faster than the 3-months-or-more for most lvl4 upgrades. To me, adventures have higher priority than treasures, but events, changes in the game and other needs often dictate how I use them. The additional marble and granite supply from treasure searches are always welcome.

Your storage needs are dependent on how you play, and mostly I guess, by how often. If your resources keep hitting the roof, or you spend too much time pushing them at the market, you need more storage. I am level 43, my storage is a mere 35k, but a balanced economy and frequent playing has made that sufficient. Playing less now, I have started feeling the urge for more storage, though...

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I see, so saving Gems is the way to go for licences. I should stop spending gems then lol. I used to collect a bunch of them, then buy golden parrots, upgrade a mine to lvl 3 (giving me 6 ore per cycle on a buff), dump the parrots there and then buff that mine 24/7. Granted I got a truckload of gold ore now, I think I should save the gems for more long-term things, like the licences.

Thnx for the replies.

Reply to Thread