View Poll Results: Will you try to complete Four Winds Quest ?

Voters
335. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO, I'm between levels 16-25

1 0.30%
  • NO, I'm between levels 26-35

18 5.37%
  • NO, I'm between levels 36-45

80 23.88%
  • NO, I'm between levels 46-50

24 7.16%
  • YES, I'm between levels 16-25

5 1.49%
  • YES, I'm between levels 26-35

47 14.03%
  • YES, I'm between levels 36-45

111 33.13%
  • YES, I'm between levels 46-50

49 14.63%
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest Survey

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Took me 9 days to finish up, mainly due to having to do 5 bandits nest! Only 1 old friends so I guess it did even out a bit, I know no one else on my friend list completed this bracket (36-45) and I witnessed some guy selling up last weekend after he failed on 10 bandits nest! Never heard of luck like that, but not worth quitting over! Just cancel the quest!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    Took me 9 days to finish up, mainly due to having to do 5 bandits nest! Only 1 old friends so I guess it did even out a bit, I know no one else on my friend list completed this bracket (36-45) and I witnessed some guy selling up last weekend after he failed on 10 bandits nest! Never heard of luck like that, but not worth quitting over! Just cancel the quest!
    Don't worry, nobody is quitting, they just say that cause they're angry. I mean I could count more than 10 people who promsied, like a half a year ago already, to quit and they never did

Yes, canceling the quest saves a lot of frustration... I can understand.

World
    Northisle
    10 bandits nest later still no granite am i doing something wrong ???

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamxcape View Post
    "old friends" is that an adventure? I do not have it nor found one
    Yes, it's an adventure you might find in the loot of Witch of the Swamp. You can currently buy it for about 800 coins....

World
    Sandycove
    Really tried to do this but having taken nearly a week to get granite from treasure searches and then the ridiculous price of Bandits nest meaning I only had one shot at it - I've finally given up on it - shame as the gems would've been useful for the Easter event =/

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    As I am Level 50 I won't be gaining any xp for doing the adventures. I was able to get my swap for ML and got the granite on the first go. After that i finished the other parts untill i hit the last one Surprise Attack. Well, lootspots are 2000gc each and the adventure itself is 500mf.. so assuming i need three attempts, i have to burn 6000 gc on it.. Strangely enough this is just the same as buying the watermill and silo on the TO.. So i have given up
    Might have done if I would be gaining xp, but no xp for me.. so.. Bye Bye.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Hello everyone...

its to hard for me to finish it at the time. i did not starded yet and i´m low of resorces to do it.
    maybe next time..

best regards
    Lordragon - Portugal

World
    Newfoundland
    Whilst the idea of the event is commendable and different, relying on a random loot drop from an adventure is the only let down. Let's hope BlueByte learn something from this event and make some changes for the future.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

World
    Sandycove

Smile

I completed the quest (36-45) in ten days, doing three bandits nest to get granite, eight WOTS to get the two old friends needed to get the granite, so I voted yes for the poll.
    However, had the quests in the chain not been disclosed in the forum, I would not have done the quest as I felt you had to plan a head to get it done within the time frame, even with the luck element. So thank you who ever did the quests on the other servers and for those who posted it in here at the beginning of the Four winds thread. .
    I also would not have done the 46-50 quest as the building alone would have put me off ( BB you really need to look at both the cost and production rates of those buildings, maybe if they were special buildings found on some adventures is one thought)
    The overall cost to my little island wasn't too bad, the long bowmen were quickly used back up in a couple of WOTS, so in someways not getting old friends and then granite first time was a good thing I did lose more soldiers and calvary than was planned when I was booted from the server between sending my blockers and my vet to leader camp in the third bandits nests so I guess it was karma that I got the granite on that go. And lost more on one of the WOTS, my fault, not concentrating and in a hurry. and again in old friends as I had to take out a camp the old fashioned way when the lag just wouldn't let me do the block ( 16 attempts).
    What did this teach me? Hoard everything, especially `special' adventures, even if the future quests are not worth doing selling on TO to those that want to, is far more profitable for my island, ( please BB include a SOTV next time around I have a stack of them already, 500 gc a piece anyone?)
    I still feel bad for those that tried and failed to get the required loot within a reasonable drop rate, this is definitely not good game design and hopefully BB will take this on board after all the posting on the issue.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I've tried bandit's nest twice and haven't got the granite.

I might try again if I can rebulid in time

Reply to Thread