Thread: Veteran General

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    That clears it up, thanks!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBranch View Post
    Without this general, you will always lose battles from players who spent money to get 5000 gems. I understand it's a commercial game, but this general is an off-balanced way to get people spending. You only realize that you need this general once you start reaching level - let's say - 30.
    It's called Pay to Win

Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    Sadly it looks like you just missed out on the Easter Event, hopefully you will have a chance to get one for free again next April
    Exactly. All new players that started after the event have to wait a whole year to get one, or pay a ridiculous amount of real money ... or stop leveling past 30 for a year ... or lose a lot more battles than those who started to play earlier ... wouldn't be that bad if price was reasonable, like Scout and Jolly Geologist or the other General from the market

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Indeed I started after the Easter event, but luckily before the 20 Year Anniversary event. When writing my remark, I was not aware of such gem donation for events. Even now I still don't understand why such a donation was needed for the Anniversary event.
    Annyhow, I'm now a little above 3300 gems, so with 100 gems every 7 days. there's about 120 days left. ... :-)
    Last edited by MrBranch; 22.07.13 at 21:27.

World
    Northisle
    "He attacks and travels at twice the speed"

Is that on land in the adventures, or just transferring from your home island to the adventure and back ?

Thanks !

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Transferring to and from Advs, healing after defeat, and fighting are all twice as fast as a Tavern General, this is true of all gem and Event Gens. That the fancy Gens fight twice as fast is the reason they are not recommended for use as 'blocks' in place of Tavern Gens, the fight will often end far too quickly and with painful losses all around. Everyone walks at the same slow speed. Odd breed of Horse that...
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 23.07.13 at 15:26.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Without this general, you will always lose battles from players who spent money to get 5000 gems. I understand it's a commercial game, but this general is an off-balanced way to get people spending. You only realize that you need this general once you start reaching level - let's say - 30.
    If such was not the intention, then I don't see why there was no smart upgrading mechanism for generals; e.g. once a general gained X experience, it's automatically upgraded to an improved general. Or integrate mechanisms of other games, where you can upgrade your 'hero' by e.g. earning/buying armour-plating.
    Not once have I ever lost a battle to another, granted we currently cannot battle others players so as you can see it is not really an issue. With the weekly log in bonus and gems from levelling any long term player can get one "free", or has been mentioned hold out and hope he makes a return next Easter, it is what I and many others have done who joined after last Easter.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    Not once have I ever lost a battle to another, granted we currently cannot battle others players so as you can see it is not really an issue.
    Not talking about pvp, but the fact that you can win fights in a single wave with this general, while you lose and need a second wave with a normal general (and you lose many more troops).

Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    With the weekly log in bonus and gems from levelling
    Next Easter will come before you're able to get enough gems for it, if you don't buy them

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Without this general, you will always lose battles from players who spent money to get 5000 gems.
    It was just a matter of speaking. There are indeed not much competitive elements in this game, but there are many searching for it. Take the example of recent Anniversary Event; there have been competitions for the player producing the highest amount of non-buffed water production. Others were proud when donating high amounts of balloons. Myself, I'm always trying to loose less units during adventures than the best (comparable) results posted by players anywhere on the internet. And yes..indeed I'm hoping that one day there will be a real battling element with other players in the game; that's a challenge I'm really looking forward too.
    Last edited by MrBranch; 24.07.13 at 18:01.

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    You are correct, MrBranch, that the game gets painful after level 30 when you start doing adventures, if you don't have a vet, in terms of avoidable 2 wave attacks.

If you wait until there's a 200% happy hour, though, 5000 gems is not as expensive, and by then you've spent so many hours on the game it seems worthwhile. At least, I didn't begrudge paying the equivalent of around 4 coffees to get a vet.

World
    Northisle
    Thanks Iolanthe ! That cleared it up - I didn't think my vet was galloping any faster than the others !

I have also found him useful as a refill troop carrier.

Reply to Thread