Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trading limited by costs

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland

Trading limited by costs

I feel the incremental costs of 3 gold coins per trading slot is killing what could be a very vibrant market place.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I totally agree with you a cost is fine but whats being charged at the moment is too much

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like it...
    It means we don't get muppets putting 300 different rip-off trades up.
    They just put one at a time instead.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    I like it...
    It means we don't get muppets putting 300 different rip-off trades up.
    They just put one at a time instead.
    Agreed.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    That's a valid point.

However, I'd suggest the filters at the top of the page allow the "muppets" to be dealt with quite quickly really.

I have a huge economy and I find by the time I get to 18 gold coins to open the next slot I just don't bother.

That restricts my ability to trade and slows down my game play.

So I stand by my original statement.

Nuttymut :-)

World
    Newfoundland
    Let me suggest where people for higher price of gems can purchase trading slots and quantity of lots permanent. Let's face it how many players you have here and everybody is willing to invest in economy, but rare people want's to throw money out of the window.

I have bought 1 lot for gems and increase lots to 8, but it will the last time I have done it since my feeling nobody told me about one time transaction upgrade is somewhat cheating. So, do the math.

Cheat people one time or give them to invest more then one time. What makes more real money profit for you, mmmmm?
    Just be yourself... Your soul is the God... Find the way to your true reality... Help others to help yourself... We all are One!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    There are ways and means to trade within the current restrictions on the trade office. Personally I object to paying for slots, so I just use the free slot and therefore I am restricted to trading a lot when I'm online and only having 1 offer up when I go offline. I'd quite like to have more free slots, but I know that's probably not going to happen. One free slot seems on the low side, but if it was increased to five, I'm sure I'd want six after a while!

I have been in trading offices where you seem to be able to put up virtually limitless trades, but that does seem to end up in a huge amount of 'trade spam' and does not necessarily get your own offers seen and bought. One of the effects of that is a price war in a downwards spiral as players outdo each other to look competitive and find buyers. It also causes a lot of bad feeling as people accuse each other of fixing prices. Another effect is that the trade office becomes pretty unwieldy in a very short space of time, as each player has 20 offers rather than 2 or 3. If you don't like looking through 30 pages of trade offers, then being faced with 300 pages would be appalling. There is also load on the trade office to be considered: if people are busy putting up 20 offers, then there will be a lot of sell requests being processed. At some point this is going to result in the spinning hourglass of death as the trade office becomes unable to cope with a large influx of requests. This in turn will make it more difficult for buyers as the lag builds up and they can't get buy requests through.

I'm not sure what would be a good solution to the issue of trading offers, but I think there probably should be some limitations on them.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think trading slots should go on like a feedback system. A good seller should be rewarded with more slots.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I've played 3 different games which have had a trade system, I won't go into the details as one of them was very convoluted. Of the 3 what we have here is the best, it's a lot better than the old 400 system we used to have.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    I think trading slots should go on like a feedback system. A good seller should be rewarded with more slots.
    Any limits on this, because bad traders only need to fool 1 buyer per offer to get a lot of 'good' sales. I think people might be upset if bad traders got more slots. Also, it crowds out new traders and people who make an occasional trade.

Reply to Thread