Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Traitors

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    How often do I have to say that I didn't receive a refund? Perhaps the refund was done when I was not playing yet?
    Actually you didn't bother to read what I posted about either getting a refund or having the gem rewards as part of the level ups. It would have been one or the other.

This thread is not me complaining that it's too difficult; I like a challenge. So once more: this is about the 4-skulls rating of this adventure.
    Unfortunately it does sound rather like you are complaining that it is too difficult or you can't work out a way to do it without spending a lot of time on it. I didn't find it difficult, didn't spend much time on it, and certainly don't have non-stop unit production in my barracks. All I had done prior to starting it was to rebuild my troops in a way that I had a reasonable number of all the types of troops I could make, but in preparation for any adventure. Then I ran a few combat sims and decided to give it a go. I probably spent about an hour on the first ten camps (including travelling time), and about 20 minutes on the last one, because I had to transfer some additional troops that I had made overnight. This adventure is designed to last 3 days, which means you do have time to do it in small chunks and rebuild troops in between.

Your initial complaint was that you have never managed to finish this adventure and that it was hard for a player of your level. That is not my experience of it - I have finished it on my first go and I am only level 36. Yes I do have a veteran general, but it sounds as though you have done a lot more adventures than I have, and therefore you should have more experience than me, especially if you have read the walkthroughs (I haven't, I made up my own strategy).

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm making 'smart remarks', but my point was to put a counter-argument to yours. I think I've probably made that point by now, so I should make this my final post on the subject.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 02.08.13 at 21:18.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    You are countering your own counter remarks, simply by already stating that this adventures costs over 1400 units. All other 4-skulls adventures are costing several hundred units less or can be done with 2 players (such as Stealing from the Rich).

First, please stop comparing doing an adventure with a veteran general and without it. They can't be compared.
    Did you perhaps buy several noble residences as well? If not, then please explain this not so intelligent player, how you are starting the adventure with 'let's say' 800 units. My total population is 870.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBranch View Post
    You are countering your own counter remarks, simply by already stating that this adventures costs over 1400 units. All other 4-skulls adventures are costing several hundred units less or can be done with 2 players (such as Stealing from the Rich).
    Okay, well I wasn't aware of that, so that's a fair point. My point was actually that it wasn't impossible or that hard in my opinion.

First, please stop comparing doing an adventure with a veteran general and without it. They can't be compared.
    Did you perhaps buy several noble residences as well? If not, then please explain this not so intelligent player, how you are starting the adventure with 'let's say' 800 units. My total population is 870.
    Okay, a veteran general does make some things easier. I used one because I had one. I could try the adventure without one and see what happens. Gytha has stated it can be done.

No, I haven't bought any noble residences specifically for this adventure, but I do have a higher population count and probably more noble residences than you do.

I wasn't sure if I could tell you how many troops I had before I started the adventure, but I have found the answer in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Sto_Helit View Post
    I'm going to use the new smilies:

- 361 - 212 - 233 - 203 - 200 - 63 - 150

Yes, not great numbers I know, but it gave me a few minutes of amusement to post this.
    That is a total of 1422 troops to start with. Yes, it's higher than 800, but I have worked to get to this point. I also had settlers in star to replace those units that I lost, but to be honest, I could have done the first 6 camps with a starting position of 300 200 150 100 and 50 - a total of 800 units. Then I would have rebuild 16 40 75 and 50 overnight, before tackling a few more camps the next evening. Camps 7, 8 and 9 were high on recruit and militia losses, so I would have had to rebuild 173 and 150 after doing them, but then I could either do camps 10 and 11 or decide to keep the XP that I had gained so far and cancel the adventure there.

I haven't run through exact figures on everything, because I think you can do that yourself and work out a strategy that is feasible with what you have. It takes some thought and a bit of calculation, but that is half the point of a strategy game.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 03.08.13 at 07:32.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Wow, your army contains 150 crossbowmen, while the crossbowmen buildings become available at level 36. How can it be that you already own 150 crossbowmen, while still being level 36. You are never playing any adventures? It for sure explains why you started playing three months earlier and are at a lower level.
    But, you have a great economy running. It is capable of supporting an army that 175% of my total population. I can't avoid having the impression that you cannot keep up when you start playing more adventures. Or did you perhaps invest a lot in buying extra building licenses? Could be...you seem to have gotten quite some additional gems compared to me.

Anyhow, your or my economy are besides the point here. I fear I'll have to make my point clear in a different way then:
    Last time I played Stealing from the Rich I had a total loss of 931R, 46S. Yes, that's right: that's a 2-player 4-skulls adventure.
    This cannot be compared with a 1400 units loss on a 1 player adventure.
    I can only repeat where I started with: there is something wrong with the amount of skulls appointed to this adventure.
    Last edited by MrBranch; 03.08.13 at 10:03.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Isn't this one a little 'underrated'?
    I manage to finish all 4-skulls adventures easily, but this one a never managed to finish so far (being level 37).
    Without a veteran general blocking is impossible. The only camp that could be blocked are the two in front of the caste, but there seems to be a bug when doing so.
    Blocks are succeeding...my army walks into the castle...first battle lost of course...and then the battle report shows I fought the left camp.

Altogether I have to fight all the camps, which is very hard for a player of my level.
    I had the exact same thing happen to me this morning, Gen walked into castle,no intercept message, yet the combat was for the left camp.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Wow, your army contains 150 crossbowmen, while the crossbowmen buildings become available at level 36. How can it be that you already own 150 crossbowmen, while still being level 36. You are never playing any adventures? It for sure explains why you started playing three months earlier and are at a lower level.
    No I haven't played many adventures, but I have managed to make 150 crossbowmen at level 36 because they are a unit that becomes available at that level, and I started training them as soon as I could.

But, you have a great economy running. It is capable of supporting an army that 175% of my total population. I can't avoid having the impression that you cannot keep up when you start playing more adventures. Or did you perhaps invest a lot in buying extra building licenses? Could be...you seem to have gotten quite some additional gems compared to me.
    Thank you for the compliment - I hadn't really considered that I had a good economy! Possibly I won't be able to keep up if I play a lot of adventures, or I might have to change my strategy, I'm not sure. I haven't bought extra building licenses - all my gems went into buying a second veteran general. I was awarded about 2k gems in total for winning a competition so I have got some extra gems - but anyone can enter the TSO competitions. It is a combination of luck and saving up, but the gem login bonuses have increased to 100 gems now - I think it was about 45 gems in the past.

Anyhow, your or my economy are besides the point here. I fear I'll have to make my point clear in a different way then:
    Last time I played Stealing from the Rich I had a total loss of 931R, 46S. Yes, that's right: that's a 2-player 4-skulls adventure.
    This cannot be compared with a 1400 units loss on a 1 player adventure.
    I can only repeat where I started with: there is something wrong with the amount of skulls appointed to this adventure.
    This is the bit that wasn't clear to me: I haven't really compared adventures on the skull rating. I was just arguing about whether it was hard or not. Probably it is, in which case I'm pretty pleased to have completed it - I'm not usually good at difficult battles; I tend to fail pretty badly. Hmm, maybe I ought to have a look at the other 4 skull adventures if they are easier and more fun.

Thank you for a good argument though, I think I learnt a lot from this.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just finished Tropical Sun, also a 4-skulls adventure.
    Total loss: 232R, 18M, 6C

Really, there's something completely off-rated here. That something is called Traitors!
    (although 4 skulls for Tropical Sun should be 3 max.)

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have had little or no problems with Traitors when using a single Battle Hardened General as my Fast general.

The following troop configurations are based upon the garrison strategies and tactics indicated in Tage's guide for Traitors in the forum at http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post192371.

Need to Send: 571R 137B 1M 301C 137S 45XB
    Maximun Loss: 571R 137B 1M

I have not indicated Minimum and Average losses.

Garrison Position G1

From G1 to Camp 4) 40 Soldier Deserters, 60 Longbowman Deserters
    ANY general: [27R 1S 157C 15XB (27R)]

Garrison Position G2

From G2 to Camp 5) 60 Soldier Deserters, 60 Longbowman Deserters
    ANY general: [48R 1S 106C 45XB (48R)]

(BLOCKS and attack on CAMP 8)
    (send all three generals right after each other)

From A to Camp 6) 40 Milita Deserters, 20 Soldier Deserters, 40 Cavalry Deserters, 60 Longbowman Deserters
    SLOW general: [1M 195C (-)] {6 rounds min}

From B to Camp 7) 60 Milita Deserters, 60 Soldier Deserters, 60 Cavalry Deserters
    SLOW general: [4R 118S (-)] {7 rounds min}

From C to Camp 8) 60 Soldier Deserters, 100 Longbowman Deserters
    FAST general: [75R 1S 106C 18XB (75R)] {2 rounds max}

Garrison Position G3

(CAMP 10)

From C or X to Camp 10) 100 Soldier Deserters, 100 Longbowman Deserters
    ANY general: [137B (137B)]

From A to Camp 10)
    ANY general: [65R 1S 128C 6XB (65R)]

(BLOCKS on CAMP 9 and ATTACKS on CAMP 11)

From X to Camp 9) 150 Soldier Deserters, 50 Cavalry Deserters
    SLOW general: [1R (1R)]
    From A to Camp 11) 60 Soldier Deserters, 60 Cavalry Deserters, 60 Longbowman Deserters, 1 Sir Robin, 1 Big Bertha
    ANY general: [92R (92R)]

From Y to Camp 9) 150 Soldier Deserters, 50 Cavalry Deserters
    From B to Camp 11) 60 Soldier Deserters, 60 Longbowman Deserters, 1 Sir Robin, 1 Big Bertha
    ANY general: [200R (200R)]

From Z to Camp 9) 150 Soldier Deserters, 50 Cavalry Deserters
    From C to Camp 11) 1 Sir Robin, 1 Big Bertha
    ANY general: [62R 1M 137S (62R 1M)]
    Last edited by Bottlecap; 11.08.13 at 00:31. Reason: added images for round blocks for camp 8; corrected max loss

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Bottlecap, did you read anything written before?
    Just count your total losses and compare with other 4-skulls adventures. That is what the discussion is about.
    Ow, and this is an adventure for low level players. You might want to compare results without battle hardened generals therefore.
    Last edited by MrBranch; 11.08.13 at 11:28.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Bottlecap, did you read anything written before?
    Just count your total losses and compare with other 4-skulls adventures. That is what the discussion is about.
    Ow, and this is an adventure for low level players. You might want to compare results without battle hardened generals therefore.
    For the question about my reading abilities, here goes ...

Isn't this one a little 'underrated'?
    I manage to finish all 4-skulls adventures easily, but this one a never managed to finish so far (being level 37).
    Without a veteran general blocking is impossible. The only camp that could be blocked are the two in front of the caste, but there seems to be a bug when doing so.
    Blocks are succeeding...my army walks into the castle...first battle lost of course...and then the battle report shows I fought the left camp.

Altogether I have to fight all the camps, which is very hard for a player of my level.
    ... it is possible to complete without a veteran
    ... camp 8 is not in front of the castle and it can be blocked

... this adventure is close to impossible for a level 37 player when blocking is not possible.
    ... it's impossible to have enough gems for a veteran general when playing only three months...
    ... traitors is possible at level 37 (also with longbow instead of crossbow, try it with camp simulator if you like a challenge)
    ... it takes less than 12 weeks to collect gems for a BHG

... I did get some for the anniversary event, but not nearly enough ...
    ... soldiers. At level 37, that's your strongest unit. ... the rebuilding of your army and the travelling takes too much time. ...
    ... you can also get additional gems as a bonus for logging in 7 days in a row. Gems may also be received when reaching certain levels in the game or even for some quest rewards.
    ... a BHG travels faster than a normal general.
    ... crossbows become available at level 36

... This thread is not me complaining that it's too difficult; I like a challenge. So once more: this is about the 4-skulls rating of this adventure.
    This thread is the actual Adventure Catalogue item for Traitors.

Reply to Thread