Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Traitors

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

Traitors

Description:
    Loyal men they were, but greed turned them into ruthless bandits. The nobles have turned to you for help against these deserters. Be careful if you approach them since these traitors are heavily armed, battle hardened men.

"Everything for the gold."

Cost:

Player level:
    26+

Duration:
    3 days

Difficulty:
    4/10

Players:

Bandits:

Experience points

Loot:
    Last edited by Fexno; 21.05.14 at 18:53.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Isn't this one a little 'underrated'?
    I manage to finish all 4-skulls adventures easily, but this one a never managed to finish so far (being level 37).
    Without a veteran general blocking is impossible. The only camp that could be blocked are the two in front of the caste, but there seems to be a bug when doing so.
    Blocks are succeeding...my army walks into the castle...first battle lost of course...and then the battle report shows I fought the left camp.

Altogether I have to fight all the camps, which is very hard for a player of my level.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBranch View Post
    I manage to finish all 4-skulls adventures easily, but this one a never managed to finish so far (being level 37).
    Without a veteran general blocking is impossible. The only camp that could be blocked are the two in front of the caste, but there seems to be a bug when doing so.
    Blocks are succeeding...my army walks into the castle...first battle lost of course...and then the battle report shows I fought the left camp.

Altogether I have to fight all the camps, which is very hard for a player of my level.
    If you feel you need a veteran general to do this adventure, then why not buy one?

Also, it's not that difficult to fight all the camps, I'm level 36 and I've managed it; I ran a combat simulator and came up with some good troop figures for most of the camps, although I'll have to refine other bits next time.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    $$

There are no bugs with blocking because blocking is not a supported tactic. All blocks are done at your own risk.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm aware that blocking is at own risk. I was just trying to point out that this adventure is close to impossible for a level 37 player when blocking is not possible.
    Yes, with a veteran general it would be possible...but before getting more smart remarks: it's impossible to have enough gems for a veteran general when playing only three months unless buying one with physical money.

That is what brings me to comparing this 4-skulls adventure with the other 4-skulls adventures.
    The other ones can be accomplished by me without a veteran general and without the use of blocking. This one is not. Therefore my remark that this one is under-rated.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm aware that blocking is at own risk. I was just trying to point out that this adventure is close to impossible for a level 37 player when blocking is not possible.
    Yes, with a veteran general it would be possible...but before getting more smart remarks: it's impossible to have enough gems for a veteran general when playing only three months unless buying one with physical money.

That is what brings me to comparing this 4-skulls adventure with the other 4-skulls adventures.
    The other ones can be accomplished by me without a veteran general and without the use of blocking. This one is not. Therefore my remark that this one is under-rated.
    It's not impossible to get a veteran general without spending money - I got one from the Easter event, by trading every last bit of resources for eggs. It's not easy, but it is possible. I also got quite a few gems from the refund that Blue Byte gave all of us when they changed the rewards for levels 17-50. I saved all my weekly login gems and I've taken part in competitions. It might have taken me a bit longer than 3 months, but then I've been at level 36 for quite some time. Currently there is the 2-weekly 'wishing well' competition which gives you a chance to win up to 500 gems if you enter, and there have also been the competitions for the Birthday Event. It depends what you want to do to earn extra gems.

However, it is possible to do this adventure with a vet gen and without blocking. I did not use any blocks and I could have done it with one vet gen, but saved a bit of time by using my 2nd one. It was not impossible, although my troop losses could have been lighter.

1. 203 C 47 R - 16 R losses

2. 147 M 103 S - 36 M losses

3. 100 M 100 S 50 XB - 39 M losses

4. 100 C 100 S 50 XB - 11 S losses

5. 89 S 100 C 50 XB - 18 S losses

6. 71 S 100 C 50 XB - 40 C 21 S losses

7. 50 R 150 M 50 S - 50 R 50 M losses

8. 100 C 100 R 50 XB - 57 R losses

9. 100 C 100 M 50 XB - 66 R 100 M losses

10. 100 XB 43 R - 100 XB 43 R losses and 1 wounded general. This was a mistaken attack

10. 195 R 52 S - 71 R losses

11. 124 R 52 S 74 C - 124 R 52 S 74 C losses and 1 wounded general. Suicide attack

11. 100 M 100 R - 58 R losses.

Total losses 485 R 225 M 114 C 102 S 100 XB

Adventure completed, probably not very well and not efficiently, but successful as I got the XP and loot. Next time I will do better.

It does depend what you mean by impossible. I didn't do it to make a profit, but to have fun and see what strategies I could come up with. I enjoyed doing it and look forward to using a different strategy next time.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 01.08.13 at 16:51.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    There has been no Easter event the last three months. I neither receive a gem-refund from BB. I did get some for the anniversary event, but not nearly enough to be at the veteran general already.

The problem is the couple of camps. They contain many soldiers. At level 37, that's your strongest unit. So, your opponent's army is always as strong as one full army of your own. With some smart playing you can manage several of them, but the rebuilding of your army and the travelling takes too much time.
    Perhaps, with full time playing it can be done...but hey, I have a social life as well.

And still: I'm comparing with evenly rated adventures. They don't cost my any trouble at all.
    Last edited by MrBranch; 01.08.13 at 17:04.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    No veteran general and no blocks.

Troops needed:
    1246R
    101S
    195C
    140B
    114LB

Troops lost:
    1058-1246R
    140B

Expensive? Yes. Impossible? Not by a country mile.

Maybe spend some time with a combat sim and see for yourself.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    There has been no Easter event the last three months. I neither receive a gem-refund from BB. I did get some for the anniversary event, but not nearly enough to be at the veteran general already.

The problem is the couple of camps. They contain many soldiers. At level 37, that's your strongest unit. So, your opponent's army is always as strong as one full army of your own. With some smart playing you can manage several of them, but the rebuilding of your army and the travelling takes too much time.
    Perhaps, with full time playing it can be done...but hey, I have a social life as well.

And still: I'm comparing with evenly rated adventures. They don't cost my any trouble at all.
    No, I didn't spend much time on the adventure. I had made troops in the past and decided to give traitors a go as it was a one-player adventure. I did have virtually all the troops available in advance, but that was something I had built up over time so that I could choose to do adventures or lootspots. Travelling and rebuilding army were not major problems, so maybe I did play fairly smartly. I attacked most of the camps one evening, and then came back to do the last camp the next day. It could have easily waited until the evening if I had not had a few minutes to login earlier in the day.

Oh, and I heard of another strategy for traitors, whereby you ignore the last three camps and just use it to get the XP, rather than the XP and loot. I don't know how this works as I don't follow the guides, but apparently it is doable.

Okay, so you missed the Easter Event, but everyone got the gems that they would have received for levelling up when Blue Byte changed the levelling rewards. If you didn't get them as a refund to compensate older players, you would have got them as gem rewards as you levelled up. If you didn't receive this refund, then Support would be able to help you receive it. There are 100 gems for every level up from 17 onwards, so you would have got 2100 gems for levels 17-37. 3 months of playing is about 12 weeks, and a maximum of another 1200 gems for login bonuses. That is a potential total of 3500 gems, which does fall short of 4999 gems for a veteran general, but reachable in about 6 months, though just playing the game.

Btw, I was probably typing this when Gytha posted, so it's nice to see another strategy for this adventure.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 01.08.13 at 17:36.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    How often do I have to say that I didn't receive a refund? Perhaps the refund was done when I was not playing yet?

And yes, you gain about 7250 XP when only having the castle left (that's how far I got). That's not the point of an aventure rating I would say; the rating will be based on the efforts to complete it.

Gytha posted about 1400 units lost. Yes, I know it can be done with those losses...I know how to read walkthroughs.
    I also know, that such is only feasible with either:
    - non-stop travelling up and almost non-stop unit production in your barracks
    - four or more generals + quite some additional noble residences (which is the same thing as buying the veteran general)
    - 2 or 3 generals, quite some travelling and quite some additional noble residences

Once more: I have a social life and I do compare with evenly rated adventures.

This thread is not me complaining that it's too difficult; I like a challenge. So once more: this is about the 4-skulls rating of this adventure.
    Last edited by MrBranch; 02.08.13 at 16:09.

Reply to Thread