Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Traitors

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Perfect example of: let's take some fragments and take them out of the discussion context.
    May I guess that you are either in politics or a journalist?

In the end, still no answer from you on the question: "should this adventure have 4 skulls?"
    Last edited by MrBranch; 11.08.13 at 18:07.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Outlaws easily consumes more resources than Traitors, yet it also is a 4 skull adventure.

Using Tage's guides, the Maximum losses using only NORMAL generals are currently indicated to be:

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBranch View Post
    How often do I have to say that I didn't receive a refund? Perhaps the refund was done when I was not playing yet?

And yes, you gain about 7250 XP when only having the castle left (that's how far I got). That's not the point of an aventure rating I would say; the rating will be based on the efforts to complete it.

Gytha posted about 1400 units lost. Yes, I know it can be done with those losses...I know how to read walkthroughs.
    I also know, that such is only feasible with either:
    - non-stop travelling up and almost non-stop unit production in your barracks
    - four or more generals + quite some additional noble residences (which is the same thing as buying the veteran general)
    - 2 or 3 generals, quite some travelling and quite some additional noble residences

Once more: I have a social life and I do compare with evenly rated adventures.

This thread is not me complaining that it's too difficult; I like a challenge. So once more: this is about the 4-skulls rating of this adventure.
    Sounds like you complaining

Traitors is a 3 day adventure so even with only a couple of generals you can move troops there over day 1 and day 2 assuming you have the capacity to hold enough troops and then do the adventure on day 3.

If you are without the capacity to hold enough troops then you can still send 400 on day 1, use those on day 2 while another 200 travel across etc but as the round trip time is only 1 hour the only way you would have difficulty moving troops there is if you played for less than an hour each day (which considering with all the troops on the island it will still take that long anyway to do all the walking/attacking etc)

Traitors has 2 chances of granite so with this adventure there is a 50% chance you will come away with atleast 500 granite (600 if your lucky) which at current prices would easily pay for the majority if not all of the losses (done right you should only lose recruits)

Finally traitors has one of the best unit loss to XP ratio's doing the quick 2 camp and cancel (as described by SidV - http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3326/...tors14vrlb.jpg)

So I think 4 stars is correct for an adventure with good loot and only recruit losses that doesn't require a vet or blocking (though of cause both can be used)

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Traitors has to worst unit loss ratio (BY FAR!) for completing the adventure of all 4-skulls adventures.
    Don't you think that's a better criteria than:
    - you can stop after killing two camps
    - you have three days to do it

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Traitors has to worst unit loss ratio (BY FAR!) for completing the adventure of all 4-skulls adventures.
    Don't you think that's a better criteria than:
    - you can stop after killing two camps
    - you have three days to do it
    I think if you only need to kill two camps and you get three days to do it that the number of skulls should be reduced. That sounds a bit like a 1 or 2 skull adventure to me; very easy. Even the tutorial adventure Bounty Hunter (a 1 star, 3-day adventure) requires you to kill more than 2 camps and that's hardly difficult by any stretch of the imagination. What's wrong with 4 stars being a reasonable challenge?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    4 stars is fine by me, but then Tropical Sun and friends should be reduced to 3 max.
    The criterium to rate all of them equally is unclear to me. I would expect a direct relation between the rating and total amount of units lost (when completing the full adventure!)

It's clear that this is not the criterium, but I cannot imagine any better criterium. So far I've seen no clearification on this.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I don't understand how this argument has gone one so long.

I've picked another 4 skull adventure at random - Stealing From the Rich. I'm sure I could pick out any number of other adventures, too.

Using the simulator, you can find troop losses for attacking every camp, which has to serve as the basis for deciding how difficult an adventrue is, irrespective of that fact that some very clever players have found good strategies for blocking/dodging/whatever to reduce losses.

200 unit general, no crossbows, elites or cannons:
    Stealing from the Rich max losses: 1211 6
    Traitors max losses: 1153 1 375

200 extra bowmen needed. Seems totally comparable to me. So, please, can we end the discussion about whether it's a 4 skull adventure or not...

The only problem with traitors is there are no effective strategies for dealing with the last few camps. That makes it unpopular, not hard. If you're finding the adventure hard at level 37, you're doing something wrong...
    Last edited by Gerontius; 12.08.13 at 16:49.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Think I'd prefer a loss of 931R + 46S for Stealing from the Rich. That's realised and not max. losses.
    With Traitors I don't get realised losses below 1400.
    But okay, one could discuss if 46S is equal to about 200R and 200B.

Where no discussion is possible: Stealing from the Rich is 2-player adventure. So not even close to comparable.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    With Traitors I don't get realised losses below 1400.
    As I've already said: you're doing something wrong.

if you can't follow a guide or use a simulator, maybe you should stick to tropical sun...
    Last edited by Gerontius; 12.08.13 at 20:56.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    So you come up with losses of 1500+ max. and you find it weird that someone has average losses of 1400?
    You are even telling that person that he can't follow guides or simulators. Please tell the same to Sto_Helit. He'll love hearing it, since he reports also losses around 1400. Ah well...guess he can't read them either.

And then you tell me to stick with tropical sun which is also a 4-skulls adventure. Also comparable to you? Losses are 232R, 18M, 6C.
    Still nothing off-rated here?
    Last edited by MrBranch; 12.08.13 at 21:26.

Reply to Thread