Reply to Thread

Thread: Cancelling the Guild Quest

World
    Newfoundland

Cancelling the Guild Quest

Apologies if this issue has already been raised - looked, couldn't find it if so.

We were in a position, because of an unusual number of 'infrequent' players logging on, where instead of the normal 22/23 people needed to complete the guild quest we needed 26. As we knew that four of our regulars would be away for a week, and thus we had no chance of completing for some time, we decided to cancel that quest and move on to the waiting quest, which needed a more manageable 24.

Now, only the guild leader has the option to cancel the guild quest - none of the rest of us has the little cross - so we assumed that if he cancelled the main quest, all the rest of the guild would lose it too. Logical? But not so.

The main quest, and its related sub-quest, were removed from the guild leader's log - but the rest of us still have them. His 'waiting' guild quest did not move up and become 'live' either.

So now it seems we have to complete the guild quest - but our pool of people who can do it is reduced by one, as our leader no longer has his sub-quest. This could take some time...

Can anyone explain the rationale behind having a quest which is unable to be cancelled except by one player? It makes no sense to me. Either:
    a) we should all be able to cancel it, or
    b) none of us should be able to, or
    c) the guild leader should be able to cancel it for the whole guild.

Is this a bug, or is this was the way it's supposed to work?
    If the latter, WHY???
    Can our guild leader have his quest back, please?

Any explanations gratefully received.

World
    Newfoundland
    I think you'll be best contacting Support on this one, certainly not how it's worked for me in the past, as far as I was aware, when the Guild Leader cancels it, it does so for everyone.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The Guild leader should be able to cancel the whole thing, seems GQs are slipping into bugginess again. My Guild are just discussing our missing Daily and we haven't seen a Waiting in an age which is what happened last time when we lost them entirely for several weeks. Jolly. So away to Support we go, you should probably do the same with as much info as you can and a few supporting screenshots wouldn't hurt.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    ... certainly not how it's worked for me in the past...
    So how did it work? Did the guild leader cancel for the whole guild, or were they able to cancel individually?

I have contacted support, but I'm not too confident with their response... last time I was given a totally incorrect response, which caused us some grief.

I was told by Tatiana:

"To be able to complete the quest you need to contact Guild leader as only guild leader have available button to complete the specific guest a subsequently accept rewards. After guild leader will confirm completing of the guest whole guild will receive their rewards for completed Guild guest."

After much hassle - we discovered that, in fact, the guild quest auto-completes when the last person finishes their sub-quest.

World
    Newfoundland
    Bumping this - after two and a half years the bug is back - came back when they raised the level cap...

I reported it straight away - surely they could just implement the same fix they did last time?
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    this gets fixed on the 17th
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    no it didn't get fixed!!

OOPS, apologies... I didn't read the changelog
    Last edited by TheFairy; 19.11.15 at 09:54.

Reply to Thread