Thread: Bratwurst Smoker

World
    Newfoundland

Question Bratwurst Smoker

Dead simple really.

Expert Building: Sausage Smoker.

2 sausage + 1 Coal = 1 Smoked Sausage.
    Production time base : 24:00

Provision house buff : 120fish + 60bread + 40 smoked sausage = 1 Smokey's Sausage Fest.

Smokey's Sausage Fest = x2 prodution for 12 hours.

Put the amount of sausage required to make the buff up and given that a 2:1 conversion on the normal base. What do you think ? I think it's a fairly good trade off compared to a normal buff, but more expensive but I would be willing to sink a 12hr/18hr buff over a 6hr at a 2:1 sink on a top end resource. Expert building status gives a bit of an "elite" feel to the buff too... I like smoked bratwurst. If the sink isn't big enough you could double the fish and bread requirement without annoying me too much, but I think the sausage sink is enough personally.

Well, there ya go.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sir, you are my man.
    I'd love this.
    Actually, I'd love to have many more features in this style!

(Although I'm a little sad that for every smoked sausage made 1 lovely sausage gets burned :'( Poor sausage...)

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Man you wouldn't smoke sausage over coal, that would be vile. it would have to be smoked over hardwood.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    What would this new buff do for current basket prices? I'm sure many players will be happy to see new content added if it fits with the current content, and I would 100% support buffs lasting longer than 6 hours for players to make and use regularly. The new building for smoked sausage is a great idea too, although the bread and fish should be dropped for a different ingredient. Some sort of spice perhaps? Then this new building can produce buffs independantly from the provision house and bread and fish demand not increased.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Think its a brilliant idea as like a lot of people only get on in evenings after work to have a buff that could be used for 12 hours or maybe 18 if a friend did it for you that you could make yourself would be fantastic. Maybe a good way of using up hardwood for smoking as Bailliff suggested as higher levels have plenty spare .

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by whiter View Post
    Sir, you are my man.
    I'd love this.
    Actually, I'd love to have many more features in this style!

(Although I'm a little sad that for every smoked sausage made 1 lovely sausage gets burned :'( Poor sausage...)

Me too!

Now I've slept on it I'm thinking that, if this was considered, I can't see it getting put in to the game without the numbers being tweaked a bit to make it a bit more expensive. It would be nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailliff View Post
    Man you wouldn't smoke sausage over coal, that would be vile. it would have to be smoked over hardwood.
    Good point, I put coal because something needs to be burnt.

Hardwood cutter base production time is 4:30, add a bit of travelling time and call it about 1000 hardwood brought in per day at level five give or take. If the sausage smoker ticks about 48 times a day let's say we switch the resource requirement to 2 sausage + 8 hardwood per level. You'll need at least one hardwood cutter and one butcher dedicated to the sausage smoker... You never know, it might even make hardwood a more desirable resource and bring it back from the trash status it's currently been branded with.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    What would this new buff do for current basket prices?
    Technically this buff is a more "condensed" version of the 6 hour buff, the sausage conversion of 2:1 and the bread/fish cost remaining the same means that the only additional investment from the player would be the building licenses for the smoker and whatever dependency, be it coal or hardwood, that is created when it's running. The demand for bread and fish shouldn't increase using the numbers I originally suggested and if anything it might even be a bit on the cheap side for fish and bread.

I like the idea of a spice but I'm not big on spice production so wouldn't know what kind of production chain to suggest.

Reply to Thread