Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Easter Event is here!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cully View Post
    And for those of us who prefer not to be in a guild? some of us like to play this ourselves and not having a guild for this puts us at a huge disadvantage where there sholdn't be one
    Perhaps we are seeing BB trying to create reasons to be in a guild. From the start of the game there has been little point being in a guild, but recent quests have had elements where having many friends or guild members to help you have been necessary.

I'm not against this development, but BB do have to weigh up where they are going with this game. If it is to be based on guilds and who has the most friends, then single players will go elsewhere. I hope they can maintain a balance between the 'social' (team) players and the solo/single player, but it won't be easy to maintain as it seriously increases BB's workload to create separate quest chains and so on. Have to watch and see how things develop further.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I am getting more confused atm also.

Am doing quest chain 4 right now, but why, do the eggs already gathered in this chain not count towards step 5 of the chain? What is the whole point of gathering the eggs if they do not count towards the questline itself. This is a contradiction not only against the whole easter egg hunt, but also towards the step in the questchain itself. Acquire eggs, IMHO means get them in whatever way you can think of. So that includes the already aqcuired ones!

Excerpt from the guide posted by peck_ed:
    All The Eggs!
    Acquire 500 Easter Egg (Eggs you already have will not count!)
    Reward 10 Easter Egg

Seriously, rethink this whole [ Censored ] event!

Please be careful with words used,
    peck_ed

@peck_ed
    sorry, did not think that word would have been one for censorship. Can think of much worse comments

I will try again then
    Seriously, rethink this whole broken event!
    Last edited by Crocstah; 22.03.13 at 13:48. Reason: reply to the censored word

World
    Northisle
    In 4 winds, I wasted 600 map frags to get copies of a stupid adventure that only gave wood as reward while the quest was to get granite.
    Now we see a quest asking for 800 new eggs while lower levels are required to get 200.
    Is it really 4x easier for a lvl 40 to get eggs compared to a lvl 24 ? I'm not sure. The main difference I see is that a lvl 40+ will be more tempted to use gems than lvl24 for the same reward. exactly like in 4 winds the difficulty gap between categories is too big is doesn't seem to exist to bring in more fun (or it's a complete failure).
    Now let's go back to wasting resources while lower levels enjoy the event...

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamdoggy View Post
    The quest is to "Acquire 800 eggs" - you don't have to hand 'em over, so just beg and borrow from friends and guild members. There's probably one player in every guild that bought 11k gems during the last 100% sale, and has saved them, so already has his Vet, 5x Floaty Res and 2xExplorers - ask that guy if you could borrow 800 eggs (or will it work if you borrowed 100 eggs, 8 times?)!
    On day 1 of the Event? Who would even have that many?
    And that's merely to continue in the quest line, this makes no sense whatsoever.
    Oh btw, trading back and forth doesn't work, even if I did have time and energy to trade 6 eggs back and forth.
    Another ill thought out, unimaginative quest. Devs have clearly lost all the 'creative types' who designed and understood this game, and clearly never bothered to check the feedback from the last 2 shambles. Are they trying to kill TSO off?
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLurker View Post
    Perhaps we are seeing BB trying to create reasons to be in a guild. From the start of the game there has been little point being in a guild, but recent quests have had elements where having many friends or guild members to help you have been necessary.

I'm not against this development, but BB do have to weigh up where they are going with this game. If it is to be based on guilds and who has the most friends, then single players will go elsewhere. I hope they can maintain a balance between the 'social' (team) players and the solo/single player, but it won't be easy to maintain as it seriously increases BB's workload to create separate quest chains and so on. Have to watch and see how things develop further.
    Doesn't even help if you're in a relatively small guild where the players login at varying times. More likely to have eggs floating around in 'trade limbo' hoping someone will see it for what it is in time.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SillYcoNe View Post
    In 4 winds, I wasted 600 map frags to get copies of a stupid adventure that only gave wood as reward while the quest was to get granite.
    Now we see a quest asking for 800 new eggs while lower levels are required to get 200.
    Is it really 4x easier for a lvl 40 to get eggs compared to a lvl 24 ? I'm not sure. The main difference I see is that a lvl 40+ will be more tempted to use gems than lvl24 for the same reward. exactly like in 4 winds the difficulty gap between categories is too big is doesn't seem to exist to bring in more fun (or it's a complete failure).
    Now let's go back to wasting resources while lower levels enjoy the event...
    Getting the 800 eggs is four times as hard as getting 200 eggs. The only advantage an high level player got is the income from his island. Please note, an low level player got 3 normal explorers and an L50 player also has 3 normal explorers. You can't buy more.

So the only difference is the number of explorers you buy with hard earned real life money. Assuming you have 10 fast explorers and 3 normal explorers, you will be able to get 10*5=50+3*2.5=7.5 eggs per day. Thats an whopping total of 57.50 eggs. Doing that quest as an lower level player will take you 4 days and as a higher level player will take you 14 days.

Also, if you have the bad luck of getting an easy to do quest serie which you can do in one day, you will be wasting FOUR days doing nothing, while others can just wait out gaining enough eggs.

My opinion about this quest and this company? Bluebyte has totally lost it. Luckely there are plenty of other games around with decent companies who are willing to create extra content or levels when people reach EOC like me.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    The event is over for me, to wait 6 days for a new chain is silly to say the least. There could have been a daily quest so we had a chance of getting the eggs we need for the items or the chains.
    I am in a guild, and with the 5 active members that are in it, this will make very hard to trade eggs back and forth. I could join another guild but am not into all the drama, politics and backstabbing that comes with it. The event should be for both solo and guild players, this is clearly for guild players.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Doesn't even help if you're in a relatively small guild where the players login at varying times. More likely to have eggs floating around in 'trade limbo' hoping someone will see it for what it is in time.
    Maybe I've been lenient because I didn't get the "Acquire 800 eggs" quest first off - I'd be spitting feathers right now if I had! I have to say that the common theme of the last 3 events is that the developers don't seem to have any understanding of how to play their own game. It's like the events are planned by people with zero knowledge of what we players actually have to do to fulfil the quests. It's clear they want us to spend gems/real money, but someone with an overview of things within the development team really needs to get a grip soon, because even with the previously fine Easter event they have managed to mess up!

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Acquire 800 eggs was no problem for me, even on day one, thanks to my guild mates.

Found 5 people willing to loan me 150-200 eggs, and done.

If people I know and trust were even to ask on trade (and there have been people doing that) to borrow eggs, I'd help them out even if not in my guild. So, you just have to know a few people and ask them to do you a favour and you're sorted. And everyone will need to do this quest at some point, so the favour would have to be returned.

I have nothing against quests where you have to work with other people to get them done.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    i can buy easter adventures in shop for one fish, so what if i start it and that one is nt in quest? will i get some loot or what?

Reply to Thread