Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Egg pricing

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I was quick enough to realise I cant get a better deal than 15,5 gc per egg on first day of event. It's still 3x higher than last year egg price. Who knows price might drop after 2 quest chain. Those reseller doing what they're meant to be, getting profit from this rip-off market

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I don't think the resellers are controlling the market as much as you think they are. The proof will be the mediocre drop in prices at the start of the next 6 day quest. The 6 day following that should show a much steeper drop in price. By the 4th chain I'd guestimate prices to be around 10-12 coins per egg (price guess based on watermills).
    The steady rise in prices you're seeing this week are simply because more eggs are being consumed than new ones being created.

This is of course only my opinion, but I'll be surprised if I'm wrong

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Ok...day 5 of chain 4!! - market report - eggs still at 20gc mainly - 5 days in and I have collected 45 eggs but only 15 count towards the 800... So I am due to get another chain tomorrow???..that will go on hold! so am I egg -static... bet your life I am... totally STATIC!!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    The price could fall if the purchase of Gems this event had on promoting "100% BONUS" to buy. That is the problem is the high value of Ubi$oft. "translate by google "

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    @canute: Try offering all of your eggs at a ridiculously high price in the market (e.g. 1000 GC per egg), wait half a minute and cancel your offer. Suddenly all of your eggs count towards the 800 (or 500) target. You will still need to acquire the remaining 755 eggs (~15K GC) - which is an absolute joke pricewise. If you want the 100 eggs bonus, then rather invest 150 gems (at the 500 egg target level, your's may be higher) to complete the quest without spending so many GC.

World
    Northisle
    heres logic for you

a watermill cost 895gems normal resale price is 3200gc

895 gems can get you 300 eggs

100 eggs is selling for 4600gc so 300eggs would sale for 13800

why are ppl buying at these crazy prices

World
    Northisle
    Ubisoft should make special egg sale that everybody could get eggs at a reasonable price. This whole thing is so unfair right now and this game feels bad. I'm thinking about quitting every day even if I would get all the eggs I want myself.. I'm though with this capitalistic greed and games should be time off from dull and bad things from everyday life, not stressful and unfun like the real world..lol :/

This whole event has been so far huge disappointment. And all I can say Northisle server is sucky server with most greedy people on it. As far as I can figure, resellers don't even make so much profit, just raise prices sky high. Only few rotten eggs spoil the whole game for everybody else. I'm also playing on another server and there the prices are 15-17 /egg. Lot more reasonable price but still very high though.
    Last edited by Taija; 28.03.13 at 12:50.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    i had 40k coins ready for this event, and in fact was ready to give the game another shot at this special occasion. well i still have all my coins and will not trade for eggs at this prices. before the event a watermill was ~3k coins, now double. i know the prices are player driven but BB needs to think about how to make an event not fail.
    poorly designed events make this game a terrible waste of time. these events should be designed to reward everybody in some way and keep ppl interested in an already deeply flawed game designed around making you buy gems (hello upg buildings with gems?)

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallix View Post
    i had 40k coins ready for this event, and in fact was ready to give the game another shot at this special occasion. well i still have all my coins and will not trade for eggs at this prices. before the event a watermill was ~3k coins, now double. i know the prices are player driven but BB needs to think about how to make an event not fail.
    poorly designed events make this game a terrible waste of time. these events should be designed to reward everybody in some way and keep ppl interested in an already deeply flawed game designed around making you buy gems (hello upg buildings with gems?)
    Hello upgrading buildings with resources? At no point is there not a non-gem option.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallix View Post
    They do. Complete just one of the easter quest chains and that is 150 eggs = 2 floating houses. Complete all 4 that is 600 eggs = 5 floating houses with some left over for buffs. Or a new explorer with some left over. Or just sell the lot at the high prices - one quest chain of 150 eggs you can sell for nearly 3k gold coins. Not to shabby especially for the lower levels.

Reply to Thread