Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Egg pricing

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I bought my eggs at 19gc each now and have enough to buy a vet general in the end as it is with future quest earnings...

I also have around 10k GC waiting for probable price fall so that i can get another fast scout

Egg is priced ridiculously high because veteran is worth well over 27k what is the current price in eggs... when ppl realise that general is not obtainable and sell their remaining eggs - itll settle down. But I WILL get my vet gen in this quest chain...

I.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLurker View Post
    1 egg = 20 coins. Really? Wonder how many hours/days it will take before some sanity establishes itself.

I'm not giving you 20 coins for 1 egg, OK? Before the event I'd have gone to 10 coins per egg, but 20? You're having a laugh.

I know I'm not the only one thinking this, and that's why I've made this thread. I'll see you all in the trading office...
    Well, a couple of weeks later and the egg price hasn't budged at all really. Interesting that it has stuck so rigidly at the point it has. It really does seem like someone randomly decided a price at the start of the event and everyone has stuck with it. Interesting. Still a couple of weeks to go before the shop closes though, so we'll see what happens in the latter stages. I'm still not buying at 20 coins per egg, but plenty of people must have to keep the prices this high. I think that because of the way the event has been staged this year there has never been a glut of eggs on the market at any one time to force prices down, so they've stayed at the price someone first guessed at. I'm not sure if that's clever/deliberate by BB or coincidental, but it's worth remembering for prepping for future events if they have the same drip-feed of eggs/footballs/pumpkins/presents.

World
    Northisle
    Save yourselves any heartache and don't take part in the tedious and ill thought out events. Oh and sell your eggs for a fortune.
    Settling isn't just for fun

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    yeah this has become such a non event, i'm stuck trying to acquire 800 eggs to finish my first quest chain, at these prices i've decided to just let my scouts find what they can, maybe save them for next year or buy a couple of houses, if other events go this route i doubt i'll be here next year.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    First quest chain?
    If you can't do the 800 egg part, cancel it and move onto the next chain, there's no reason to sit around staring at a quest you can't do. You could have canned it and completed your second chain for +150 eggs by now.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BluMojO View Post
    yeah this has become such a non event, i'm stuck trying to acquire 800 eggs to finish my first quest chain, at these prices i've decided to just let my scouts find what they can, maybe save them for next year or buy a couple of houses, if other events go this route i doubt i'll be here next year.
    We pooled our eggs for a short time at the start of the Easter Event. Then as each player got to the bit where they needed silly stupid amounts of eggs we passed them round. Bingo.

If you make contact with me via email in the game I am more than happy to trade/loan you 800 eggs so that you can somplete this part of your egg quest. All I ask is you return my eggs "unbroken" please :-)

Best
    Nuttymut :-)

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BluMojO View Post
    If you are having trouble trying to aquire all the eggs, put your eggs on to for a stupid price like 50,000 gold coins then remove the trade offer, the eggs coming back to you should count as aquired.

As for the egg pricing, i have been managing to gain one or two through to, selling brew and stuff, i don't have the reources to sell for loads of eggs, i probably won't be able to get the vet general, so will probs have an explorer and floating houses instead, not that i mind really, something is better than nothing but i do feel the vet is bit high priced (please don't start with all your 'but it's xxk coins etc) and i don't think that event goodies should be based on daily market prices, as for saving up for pvp? go for it, doesn't bother me as i won't be taking part in pvp :-)

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    if you buy eggs at that price then prices will stay high
    don't buy any and the price will fall

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by blajoo View Post
    if you buy eggs at that price then prices will stay high
    don't buy any and the price will fall
    The problem is there are not enough eggs for everybody to buy veteran general and 2 explorers but everybody wants to buy them 3. If you don't buy any egg, you won't have enough egg to buy the veteran general so it's your loss because the general worths more than the gold coins for 1350 eggs at current price. I know there are a lot of people trying to wait for the price to drop but when they start to buy, the price will be raised up again. At the end of the event, there might be a point when people will panic and the price can go way up or down depend on supply and demand. But i guarantee to you that the price won't go lower than 13gc or even 15gc because that's the point when people start buying watermills will eggs (some people are buying watermill at 4k gc right now).

In short, the price won't fall much because of watermills.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    GREAT SUCCESS! watermills started appearing in TO at 5-6k coins whereas they where 3k before this well thought off event. wonder if they will ever drop again ^_-

Reply to Thread