Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't cancel Guild Quest

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Can't cancel Guild Quest

I am trying to cancel the Guild Quest "The marble bridge" (as I am guild leader). I have done so many times before, because this is not a quest that pays off for my guild.

However, the quest only disappears for me, and not for the rest of the guild. When I refresh, the quest is back. I tried refreshing, relogging, clearing and restarting, but nothing works. The quest still reappears when I log back in.

This is not the first time I cancel a guild quest, but it's the first time it's not working. We currently have no quest in Waiting Quests, and perhaps that has something to do with it, but this has not been a problem earlier. We have simply had a few hours with no guild quest at all, and a new one has appeared at 2am as usual.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Our Guild has the Same Issue on NorthIsle. never had any issues till the Easter update. Our Guild leader has logged it to support.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Indeed my guild has the same issues and because we are getting the adventure Pirates over and over and over again its getting more difficult to complete it. Also the adventure is getting more exspensive because of the event.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've had the same issue in my guild.

As leader I have cancelled a few quests in the past ok but recently (last 2 weeks) I have had the same experience as Legawien above on two guild quests. Both times we've had no choice but to complete the quest at great pain to the guild members (as no new quest arrives otherwise). I logged it with support and their response was an apology but that it was in the hands of the development team (and implicitly no immediate action to be expected).

Each time has been on Geology day where we are vulnerable as a guild as players have to do Pirates solo. Like others here repeated cancellations don’t register and you wind up unable to escape the quest (see image above from my one of my officers). My guild members are spending gems to complete the quest which I know is in BB's favour but I am sure that this is not deliberate.

A fix or some compensation would be welcome, preferably the former. Stanislav (Ashes of Time)

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    I am a guild leader on Sandycove. Since the last maintenance, with the introduction of the Easter event, all guilds are unable to cancel quests should they try to do so.
    I know that several others are in the same situation. Being Easter holidays, many players are away, so not enough to complete in the normal manner.
    I would suggest that there is some sort of glitch which needs urgent attention please.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Anyone have a clue when this will be fixed?

World
    Newfoundland
    The new build that has just gone live on the test server has a fix for this listed in the update, so I imagine we could see it as soon as the 19th! But no official word yet
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    The new build that has just gone live on the test server has a fix for this listed in the update, so I imagine we could see it as soon as the 19th! But no official word yet
    Thank you for replying, but I don't consider the 19th to be soon in any kind of way.

However, I am glad Slash knows the problem exists.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Indeed, for a major problem such as this, a quicker workaround would be in order.
    For instance, you could send the adventure to everyone as a special reward because the King did a booboo, blabla, cute story, etc.
    That way we dont need to shell out 500gc for the Pirates adventure and wait 5 days for everyone to complete it (only to face the next one coming up already, as a figure of speach).

Reply to Thread