Reply to Thread

Thread: Gold Production - Useless Chain

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Gold Production - Useless Chain

Dear BBs

can you please be kind enough to provide us with the white papers of the gold production ???

I know it is not the first post regarding Gold.

For both Normal and Gem buyers (me) the gold production is totally useless.
    First, according to all the posts, in order to be useful, it is preferred to have higher blding lvls. (I totally agree)

First you will have to build Gold mines and upgrade them, Gold Mines costs too much and in order to upgrade them you need tools, and for tools you need coal!!!
    Gold smelters also requires a lot of coal ! you need 9k coal to run 4x lvl 5 gold smelters.
    so in addition to the high cost of gold mines you need a lot of coals which means more pinewood cutters and much much more pinewood foresters. (I already have 3x Recylcing)

NB: In addition keep in mind that upgrading Coal mines requires tools which in return requires coal !!! therefore upgrading coal mines is useless

Therefore Gold Production eats up your blding licenses.

BB "what was you thinking" when creating the gold production chain ? can you please share it with us?

So as a temporary solution, I suggest either:
    1- To maximize the current island and add new blding licenses
    2- Allow more than 3 x Recycling
    3- Change the entire production
    4- Provide a new Buildings (gold smelters and coinage) that are available only in shop (for gems) with higher efficiency : Produce 3 x with the same amount of RAW materials. (Preferred)
    5- if neither of the above is good for you , just shutdown this production chain

and please don't reply by saying to have a useful gold production you should get golden parrots and Exotic baskets, each 1 coin will cost 1 Euro

Thanks
    Last edited by Delta_Leb; 02.04.13 at 00:16.

World
    Newfoundland
    Gold production becomes far easier the higher level you become (as with most resources!)

When doing a lot of adventures you start to get a lot of gold refills, that way when you have a level 5 Gold Mine, so long as you don't let it run out of resources, you can simply refill it without having to worry about the additional cost of tools, marble and hardwood each time.

One of the hardest aspects to deal with is when it comes to trade, because so many higher level players can produce Coins, but have no need to use them on island any more (just for trade) the value of the Coin has gone down, thus for lower level players, it becomes far easier to trade Coins than produce them.

On a side note about the Recycling Plants, I have 5, you can get one via the Christmas Event as well I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong!) and another was given out as a present from BB
    Last edited by peck_ed; 02.04.13 at 08:29.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    If it wasn't for coin production there would be hardly any coins on the market for trade.

Demolishing almost depleted gold mines gives 25% refund on the initial building cost so if you plan ahead your real costs are lower.

Many of us only run the coin production chain if it is buffed by a friend, and using a gem buff for 3x on higher level buildings the profits are higher.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta_Leb View Post
    5- if neither of the above is good for you , just shutdown this production chain
    Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean that it doesn't work for everyone.

I have 3x coinage at lv3, 3x gold smelters at lv3, 4x lv3 gold mines that I destroy before they deplete and 1x lv5 gold mine that I use for refills that I get as rewards/loot, I never buy in refills. I make 510gc a day buffing my own buildings twice with baskets or once if I buff with a friend, my lv3 mines last a little over 18 hours so I'm rebuilding those mines either once a day or once every day and a half... My map has absolutely no problem coping with this and it takes me very little time to maintain it.

I've got a guaranteed non-player driven exchange rate for tools, hardwood planks and marble to coins and if I want to I can shut that down, save myself 10-20 baskets a day and trade off the components if the price is right, I also free up my TO when my gold is running so I can shift other stock without spending coins on extra slots... You can't say the same.
    Last edited by Splotch; 02.04.13 at 16:56.

Reply to Thread