Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Must be time for a new dev diary?

World
    Sandycove
    disappointing Q&A session tbh.

Non-commital on the PvP release date

Us level 50's being referred to as end-game players suggests no furthers levels to be had.

No news on us being able to who have completed Guild Quests

The science interface sounds interesting, but no real clue as to when that is happening

New adventures/buildings sound good, but again nothing given as to when we can expect them

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    "end game"? really? another broken promise?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    have just watched the video on back stage 12/4/13
    the question i have is with all these new buildings that are coming were does a high level player like me put them. at the minute i can not even fit a wheat field in and i have eveything i need running smooth, i could do with more space as i do not have all the expert building as no space or build licences
    thanks jason

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I liked it, particularly the mention of island recognition for completing difficult tasks. This isn't a substitute for the promised dev diary, just an extra... so not really sure why people are moaning

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilochus View Post
    I liked it, particularly the mention of island recognition for completing difficult tasks. This isn't a substitute for the promised dev diary, just an extra... so not really sure why people are moaning
    I never said it's substitute just said they provided the same information that was in dev. diary.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    this is just a video version of the same dev dairy posted a while back. no actual date on when it will be on test server.
    no new graphics.

I guess better than nothing. at least we know its still being worked on. thank you.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    hi hi!

mm why is no one from bb giving me a serious answer on my questions @ forum?
    Shood i buy gem's before they make time?

Donda

World
    Sandycove
    its not a case of that DonDa

But there is a lack of timescales here

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    let me see, Dantesama posted pictures of his visit to the BB headquerters on 13.03.13 14:06.

Given the trouble he has to squeeze info out of the developers, it suggests he's usually not there to chase them around with a fish or to throw some marbleblocks at them when they dont answer.

so.... could it be it took BB a whole month to post this video?

That would be perfectly fine if there was an awe inspiring 3d animation of a lion in it. Or if there was info they really couldn't reveal earlier. Or if we lived in the middle-ages, then it would have been impressive to spread a message across the world in a month.

Even with the bugs and problems there are, I still think it's a pretty nice game. But the communication... it's like there's a not too smart 6 year old in charge. They always fail to answer even the easiest questions, and it takes a month to post a simple video.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethos View Post
    Even with the bugs and problems there are, I still think it's a pretty nice game. But the communication... it's like there's a not too smart 6 year old in charge. They always fail to answer even the easiest questions, and it takes a month to post a simple video.
    Communication does seem to be a thorny issue, and it doesn't help when there is confusion over simple information. I know it's not necessarily fair to compare online games from small companies/single devs with large companies that are dealing with many servers, but I do feel that I am making comparisons at the moment. A few weeks ago there was a serious server failure in [game]; when the dev got the game back up the data was corrupted and people had lost all sorts of stuff. Obviously he was up to his eyes trying to sort it out, but we were given a message to say that he was working on a solution. This meant that we could communicate with all the other players that turned up in chat wanting to know what was going on. Within 24 hours the game was restored to an earlier stable condition and we knew precisely what that was. We all lost a couple of days of game play, and hardly anyone complained.

Okay, whinge over...

Reply to Thread