Thread: [BUG] Server Zone Crashed - Can't Login

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    Cause
    1. Moving certain special buildings like Watermills and Silos
    2. Corrupt Cache/Browser Issue
    Okay, I just got hit by this error, when I was trying to visit a friend's island. I've tried clearing my cache, an alternate browser, rebooting my PC and even using a different computer, so the problem is definitely not on my end and it seems that this list of causes is not comprehensive.

Really awkward time to get hit by this, with the event running, as I am currently holding a stash of Chocolate Rabbits to be used for balloon production, not to mention personally, as I have buffs on my coinages due to run out many hours before the script is due to run.

I figure there is no point me contacting support today as the script will run before anybody is there to give me a reply, let alone fix the issue for me.

Some bugs I understand are not high priority to be dealt with, but I do not believe it is unreasonable to expect there to be a better fix in place for an issue serious enough to prevent players from being able to play a 'real time' game than this 'workaround', especially with it being a known issue for such a long period of time.

EDIT:
    If anybody on my friends list is reading this... please chuck some baskets on my coinages if you notice the buff has expired... cheers!

2nd EDIT:
    Apparently nobody could visit my island. Anyone who tried got booted themselves, but was able to log back in, thankfully!

After further thought, I'm 99% sure I got hit by the bug when trying to return to my island after visiting someone elses, though I don't have many ideas as to what could have happened whilst I was away to cause the crash. I certainly wasn't building anything 'special' such as a silo or watermill. I may have been upgrading my Friaries around that time... but I am not, in any way, certain about that.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 22.07.13 at 12:41.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Unhappy Move a level 4 silo and get booted out of the game for a day!

I was rearranging my island when I happened across a bug. It started out when I moved 2 silos and then was immediately booted from the game back to home page. I was then given a error message about my zone every time I tried to log back in. I just got home from work and found I was able to log back onto my island. I figured I should finish what I was doing and moved another level 4 silo and once again I was booted from my island, back to home page with the same message about a error in my zone?!
    Hours from now I am going to get back on my island and just leave the stupid silos alone in zone 3!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I seem to have been hit by this one after the latest update. Had just place my new Silo from the Guild Market ... now I can't get back in. Bugger!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Same hapend to me and their solution was to restart my island from 0, and i have a new bug(1800 pop is ghost army) that is lasting for over a month, they just dont care or dont know any other way of fixing the game only by restarting they fix your problem.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    got the problem right now.. placing a silo.. ARGH can't play

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I guess I'm the next victom of this bug

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    And i'm next in line.... Yay!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Awful bug! Never place a silo immediately after buying it from the shop. keep it in star, refresh, do an adv, place it later. If your moving silos, immediately visit adventure the moment u place it.(youll have to have an active adventure to visit) Annoying yes but I never get the zone crash now! This also occurs placing simple flowerbeds, statues or other decorative items so if u don't want to get locked out follow my lead. Happy to report that several friends who got this bug have never had it again after following my guidelines. Hope this helps
    Last edited by MutantKid; 10.08.13 at 14:11. Reason: more info

World
    Northisle
    the [ awful ] damn thing happened to me every time i place a noble house,yesterday all my mines collapsed,day before wheat fields,and today an adventure will run out,if u know it fix the [ awful ] bug.

Be careful with the words you use.

Thanks,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 11.08.13 at 16:16.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I have the silo bug also now and i have waited for 28 hours and i still can't get to my island. Should i wait to Thursday, when the servers come back on again?

Closed Thread