Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Increased Level Cap

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Thumbs down Increased Level Cap

Hi, i would like to know of any plans to increase the level cap or of any other plans to keep those of us that have hit the dizzy heights of level 50 interested in the game as too may people i know who have hit level 50 and have no quests left (like myself) have left due to the monotony daily play produces, surely there is something that can be done i know the "crisis quests" were implemented but they were over so quick it was kind of a pointless exercise.
    It feels like all new additions to the game are aimed at the new players and not for us "old hands" who have invested a lot of time and real money into a game we like to play, for a long time now we have been promised different new additions including increased level cap and pvp but as yet we seem to be waiting with no avail.
    It is a shame to think that all the players who have made this game what it is today do not seem to matter as much as "new money" coming into the game.

Please it would be greatly appreciated if we had some sort of development even in one department of the promised changes to the game.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    yes the new video talks about end-game players quite a lot, not very encouraging. Official word from Bluebyte please?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree with Carl on this. I have known several lvl 50's who have quit because there is nothing left to achieve. They were good players with lots of advice and help to give, and I miss these people. I am approaching level 50 myself, love this game a lot, but don't want to plod the sterile round of adventure after adventure with no end result. Raising the levels would not deter newbies from taking on the game, indeed I think if they saw there was so much to absorb theirselves in they would be keener. Come on, BB, keep your best customers/players!

World
    Sandycove
    Im in the same position - level 50 and apart from a daily quest and a guild quest, there is not much to do

Promises of more crisis quests are encouraging, but not enough to feed the enthusiasm of a daily player.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    The interview also mentions quest chains and special rewards for end game quests.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    that is all well and good but those of us at "end game" have nothing to look forward too

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlStabler View Post
    that is all well and good but those of us at "end game" have nothing to look forward too
    What exactly do end game players want? There will always be a final level limit to the game, although that might not yet be fixed in TSO. Do you want something more satisfying than just clicking on 'delete account' and what would that be?

Obviously if there is one end game solution, it may not please everyone, but asking for 'something' is a bit vague.

Do you want:

Hall of Fame?
    End game quest chain with the option to start afresh in the same server?
    Achievements such as 'most resources made', 'best trader', 'most adventures won'?

Elsewhere I have played several 'lives' in one particular game, because there is the opportunity to 'immortalise' and enter the Hall of Fame once you have reached the highest game level. Many of us restart with [nick] II etc for our subsequent lives, and we come back because we can play out different strategies within the game world and also are back with old friends. The game mechanics remain the same for subsequent lives, but we don't have to start on a new server to play out different strategies, and I think that keeps us coming back time and again.

The main question is - what do you want?

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Well for starters, how about the post 50 levels that have been promised for as long as I've been playing? and PvP (ditto)?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Will extra levels do anything useful? I dont think so because once that new level cap is reached , people will want it increased again and again, More things to do ,harder quest and adventure chains, with new rewards sound interesting enough to me.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippocratia View Post
    What exactly do end game players want? There will always be a final level limit to the game, although that might not yet be fixed in TSO. Do you want something more satisfying than just clicking on 'delete account' and what would that be?

Obviously if there is one end game solution, it may not please everyone, but asking for 'something' is a bit vague.

Do you want:

Hall of Fame?
    End game quest chain with the option to start afresh in the same server?
    Achievements such as 'most resources made', 'best trader', 'most adventures won'?

Elsewhere I have played several 'lives' in one particular game, because there is the opportunity to 'immortalise' and enter the Hall of Fame once you have reached the highest game level. Many of us restart with [nick] II etc for our subsequent lives, and we come back because we can play out different strategies within the game world and also are back with old friends. The game mechanics remain the same for subsequent lives, but we don't have to start on a new server to play out different strategies, and I think that keeps us coming back time and again.

The main question is - what do you want?
    To answer your question as what do you want? I'd say PvP and increased lvl cap. because it will secure the game and cause people to compete for very long time.
    PvP is usually what makes people tick in games.

Reply to Thread