Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Increased Level Cap

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippocratia View Post
    What exactly do end game players want?
    I'm a ways off 50 yet but I have already considered just what I'll do when/if I make it that far and nothing has changed and I was a little taken aback to suddenly hear level 50s repeatedly referred to as "end game" players. The level cap raise has been promised and 'in development' for ages and mentioned in many a Dev Diary, a clear and simple response to BB_Katelyst's actual question (edit: which I heard initially as being about the raise) would I think have been much more reassuring than the rather long and meandering, not quite on topic response that was given.

All the other additions sound grand but many people have spent a great deal of time being quite patient and repeatedly discussing what they would like to see in many and many a forum thread and in-game chat in the context, I believe, more of 'active players on pause' than 'players deciding their final fate'. It's a new thought, and sprung unexpectedly, so expecting fully considered responses immediately may be asking a bit much though it could be the start of a conversation.

Even with all that in mind it is not at all unreasonable for long term players simply to want a little clear information about a question that's been asked globally for longer than I've been playing. Namely, when can we grow past 50?

Edit: 'kay, I've just gone back and replayed that bit a few times... and I'm no longer certain I know what BB_Katelyst's actual question is. But I stand by the rest of the post.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 12.04.13 at 20:14.

World
    Sandycove
    ^^ a good response Iolanthe

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    All the other additions sound grand but many people have spent a great deal of time being quite patient and repeatedly discussing what they would like to see in many and many a forum thread and in-game chat in the context, I believe, more of 'active players on pause' than 'players deciding their final fate'. It's a new thought, and sprung unexpectedly, so expecting fully considered responses immediately may be asking a bit much though it could be the start of a conversation.
    I think I was trying to start that conversation in some way, and get it into this thread. I know I would like to have a better option when I reach level 50 than just being 'on pause' and waiting for stuff to possibly appear. I also know that I don't want to just ask support to reset my account to level 1 or go off and find another server to play on; that wouldn't be a very satisfying way to finish this game.

Even with all that in mind it is not at all unreasonable for long term players simply to want a little clear information about a question that's been asked globally for longer than I've been playing. Namely, when can we grow past 50?
    Is that still the question? If it has been asked for so long, does it become 'Is level 50 the limit?'

World
    Sandycove
    I suppose the offending remark from BB is "end-game-player" as it really does infer that there is not much else for us

All we really ask for are some realistic time-scales for PvP, Science projects etc.... Indeed ,anything that will keep our interest in the game floating..
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 14.04.13 at 06:24.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    If there is no plan to increase the level cap, do they understand what will happen to the game?
    There is so little left to play for at level 50, pointless quests (xp only rewards at level 50 seriously?)

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    When can we grow past 50?
    Is that still the question? If it has been asked for so long, does it become 'Is level 50 the limit?'
    It's not, I think, the ancient nature of the question (Talk of PvP is older.) as much as it is the phrasing in the video that have caused concern and made people wonder just what was meant and even if 50 is indeed the limit. It would be quite nice if BB offered some insight into that very thing.

I would like to have a better option when I reach level 50 than just being 'on pause' and waiting for stuff to possibly appear.
    Exactly. The common theme and cry amongst higher level players is and has been "We don't want to quit, please give us reasons to stay." That so many people do say "We don't want to quit" speaks very well of the game but it only goes so far and something in an accurate timeline for new content that is in fact useful and exciting to players with Islands already at 50 and those very near would help considerably.

As to what should happen when one finally does reach the lofty peaks of The Very Highest Level I'm not at all sure, mostly I'm hoping it won't be an issue (any more than it clearly already is) for a while yet.

World
    Newfoundland
    If BB don't intend players to stay on past level 50 then they didn't think it out very well. Level 50 is achievable in a very short space of time. They may as well install revolving doors on the servers.

I find this reaction from BB leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

World
    Northisle
    revolving doors= money ,new players spead, old player dont really no need to.I have read many dev diary's

April 2012 :-Further features are in progress / planning. Among others we’ve been working on the economic adventures and PVP. These two features have high efforts on game balancing and game design, therefore they can appear only after the second quarter.

June 2012:-New Info-Window including change log, in game news, events, etc. (approx. Sept)
    Economic adventures (approx. Aug/Sept)
    Features for Level 50+ (approx. Fall)
    PVP
    July/Aug:-New info window including change log, in game news, events, etc. (approx. Nov)
    Mercenaries (approx. Oct). Mercenaries will be troops that you can purchase and use on an adventure island.
    Features for Level 50+: Level cap raise + science system + new buildings (approx. Nov + Dec)

11/12 :- SCIENCE SYSTEM
    LEVEL CAP RAISE
    PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER

do you see a pattern,it is still sad that this server is still beta with out dev diray's taht never happen.It is a shame that in part i do dunderstand the problems BB have but the way they are treating players on this server which in turn makes people so anti Blue Byte and Ubisoft it will just turn people away from them as a company.

World
    Sandycove
    Hmm, yes a very good question! I read through the thoughts on how to combat the problem of the Level 50's and I have pulled this idea from everyone's comments. What if at level 50 there IS a 'Hall of Fame'. Almost like another realm where there are no levels any more (therefore alleviating the need for increasing the level base). Almost like a Valhalla! There will be tournaments, quests, new adventures only obtainable to Hall of Famers on a completely new Isle where new bandit camps will need destroying, etc. Basically starting as if you were on lvl 1 but harder. This could be where the PVP could be brought into play. This would make the levelling obsolete and therefore deleting the issue of adding more levels, but more about strength of your Isle.

Just a thought! You wanted ideas! Well here's one!

Reply to Thread