Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Buildings Rotation

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree with this Idea as it would be nice to rotate buildings to fit some spots. but as MOD_Daz stated that would be a 4X the graphics. and I seriously see BB putting that much effort into something like this, when they have so many other ideas on how to bug out the game

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I totally support the idea. Rotating the production buildings plus storages so that entrancies can face NE, NW and SW instead of only SE as it is now, will provide a great opportunity to players further customize their islands and will be a great way to also optimize production chains and walking times to and from deposits, mines, wheatfileds, etc. I am sure this update is somewhere in the drawing plans of the developers, the question is when to expect it and how many gems/ grout (or whatever comes after that) this option will cost?!.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Somehow I doubt it would be as easy as just rotating the building 90 degrees, for starters your also looking at a change in pathing and only the devs would know what else. A more practical solution could be the introduction of a second building available to buy but at 90 degrees to the existing models.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Exact quote from BB_Azariel (the first CM we had on the European English version) on moving buildings (the thread was the January 2012 Dev Diary, where moving buildings was first announced and some players suggested being able to turn them also; thread has been archived so it's no longer visible to players):

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel View Post

1) Turning buildings will probably never be implemented as it would require adding 3 extra graphic sets for every building at every level and would take ages to implement and would dramatically slow down the loading of the game whenever you connect. So I don't think it will happen.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Exact quote from BB_Azariel (the first CM we had on the European English version) on moving buildings (the thread was the January 2012 Dev Diary, where moving buildings was first announced and some players suggested being able to turn them also; thread has been archived so it's no longer visible to players):

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel
    [source link blocked]

1) Turning buildings will probably never be implemented as it would require adding 3 extra graphic sets for every building at every level and would take ages to implement and would dramatically slow down the loading of the game whenever you connect. So I don't think it will happen.
    Hey Ravel, been wondering about the missing Diaries and Changelogs for a while. They're all readily available in other fora and it's quite strange to see a quote from, and a link to, a thread we're no longer allowed to read. Any chance it all could be returned to view here please, perhaps in a locked (due to age) but still visible Archive? Not only is it interesting to follow the trajectory of the game it's helpful when quoting or searching for info and currently it's a little awkward trying to remember/guess just when things changed.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    If this would of happened a year ago I'd of been happy but I not long ago got my water production sorted, the temptation to trade 42 watermills for 42 more storehouses would be to much.........plz don't

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post

I was want to suggest Building Rotation but found this thread from 2012, seems it was an idea in Dev Diary in January-2012, at that time was sound hard to implement, but is it still the same today in 2016?
    And I think its not necessary for 3 layers, just 1 more graphic set at least, I mean there is no rotate for north (lets suppose the current building only facing south), only west and east, both could be same graphic, i mean start small with simple feature then could be later improvements (scrum is good guys )

I really think its important feature cuz:
    * rectangle buildings can be placed in many another areas.
    * optimize the walking path for workers to deposit or storehouse
    * make game more sense and more beautiful, its slow game (which can be ok for ppl who play this kind of game) but don't make it boring

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The watermill dilemma sorted itself out at Christmas, now I'm left with many 1x1 spots, if I was starting from fresh building rotation would probably be useful and add a dimension to the game. But reading the BB's reply seems highly unlikely.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    I was want to suggest Building Rotation but found this thread from 2012, seems it was an idea in Dev Diary in January-2012, at that time was sound hard to implement, but is it still the same today in 2016?
    And I think its not necessary for 3 layers, just 1 more graphic set at least, I mean there is no rotate for north (lets suppose the current building only facing south), only west and east, both could be same graphic, i mean start small with simple feature then could be later improvements (scrum is good guys )

I really think its important feature cuz:
    * rectangle buildings can be placed in many another areas.
    * optimize the walking path for workers to deposit or storehouse
    * make game more sense and more beautiful, its slow game (which can be ok for ppl who play this kind of game) but don't make it boring
    Please read what I posted earlier.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread